• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The College Football Thread

JO_75

Hall of Famer
College Football needs to implement ties, unless I'm imagining things. Did Illinois really beat Penn State after 9 OTs? I'm sure the refs were finally happy it was over.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pickett is the guy. You're not going to regret watching him play

I didn't neither. This kid can do it all. Great arm. Instincts. Composure and can run. Sure knows where that 1st down marker is.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
College Football needs to implement ties, unless I'm imagining things. Did Illinois really beat Penn State after 9 OTs? I'm sure the refs were finally happy it was over.

It was down to where every play was a 2 pt conversion. Crazy shit!!!

Cincy had a tough game against Navy but still remain unbeaten and Kansas sure put a scare on Oklahoma. Kansas had them stopped on a 4th and 1 and the QB took the directly out of the RB's hands while he 's being driven back and ran forward for like 5 yds lol. Apparantly you can still do a front handoff after a back handoff as long as it's behind the los. I thought it could be considered a forward lateral but nope. Michigan remains unbeateb and I know I know the Harbaugh connection and our luck with it but dammit I like a lot of these Michigan players.

Hope there's some good night games cuz I be chilling tonight. Not with my buddies and I notice I drink slower when I drink alone. All by myself I drink aloooonnne.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

um wtf - and apparently not an isolated incident lol

That's insane, yet for some reason I feel like our scouts and Eric have already scouted him as someone we can trade for a 4th round pick next preseason. I mean he's a 2 way player, a Kicker & Punter which raises his value to a 4th rounder instead of a 5th.

Seriously though, don't know if he is eligible for the Draft or not but feel like if we took him that he would be a Nick Moore PS protection every week type of guy until Koch retires.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
That's insane, yet for some reason I feel like our scouts and Eric have already scouted him as someone we can trade for a 4th round pick next preseason. I mean he's a 2 way player, a Kicker & Punter which raises his value to a 4th rounder instead of a 5th.

Seriously though, don't know if he is eligible for the Draft or not but feel like if we took him that he would be a Nick Moore PS protection every week type of guy until Koch retires.
Koch's gone the minute we draft/sign this guy. Tbh...he gets drafted because iirc Seattle spent a 5th on Dickson.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Weird year in the college game.

Georgia has a great team
Cincy may be the first g5 team to make the playoff
Oklahoma is going to lose at some point. They constantly play down to their competition.
Bama needs to win the SEC title game. Even if they don't, if any 2 loss team was to get in to the playoffs, it's them.

Big Ten is gonna be interesting.
Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State all have a shot at the playoffs. Whoever comes out of that East division should handle Iowa.

I'm someone that wants to see parity in the college game and that's what we are seeing this year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Weird year in the college game.

Georgia has a great team
Cincy may be the first g5 team to make the playoff
Oklahoma is going to lose at some point. They constantly play down to their competition.
Bama needs to win the SEC title game. Even if they don't, if any 2 loss team was to get in to the playoffs, it's them.

Big Ten is gonna be interesting.
Michigan State, Michigan and Ohio State all have a shot at the playoffs. Whoever comes out of that East division should handle Iowa.

I'm someone that wants to see parity in the college game and that's what we are seeing this year.

Outside of Ohio St the Big 10 is not a good conference. They will get exposed, as always, vs quality teams. I'm really thankful Iowa lost to Purdue to get them out of the playoff talk.

I went to the Navy game yesterday and was shocked how poor cinci played. Still think they are worthy of a playoff spot and match up well with conventional teams

We all know Georgia is going to Georgia. Aka a crushing close defeat in the playoffs as Georgia sports teams continue to torture their fans. ( Braves as well)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Outside of Ohio St the Big 10 is not a good conference. They will get exposed, as always, vs quality teams. I'm really thankful Iowa lost to Purdue to get them out of the playoff talk.

I went to the Navy game yesterday and was shocked how poor cinci played. Still think they are worthy of a playoff spot and match up well with conventional teams

We all know Georgia is going to Georgia. Aka a crushing close defeat in the playoffs as Georgia sports teams continue to torture their fans. ( Braves as well)

Georgia's D is outstanding. But I wanna see how their offence responds when the D gets punched in the mouth. Probably won't see that until the SEC title game though.

Such a weird year because there really aren't any dominant teams.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Georgia's D is outstanding. But I wanna see how their offence responds when the D gets punched in the mouth. Probably won't see that until the SEC title game though.

Such a weird year because there really aren't any dominant teams.

Very weird. i thought the Bama loss was a fluke but even they keep letting bad teams hang around with them. I'm calling Florida takes down Georgia this week

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Very weird. i thought the Bama loss was a fluke but even they keep letting bad teams hang around with them. I'm calling Florida takes down Georgia this week

The Gators will be the toughest offence the Dawgs have faced so far. At the start of the year the win over Clemson looked great, not so much now.

I could certainly see the upset, Mullen is a pretty good offensive coach, almost beat Bama this year.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wow!!!! That Mich/Mich St game was unbelievable. College football is rocking. Nothing like watching Harbaugh's face always in disbelief lol. Him and John got that same look. Jeezus. If you guys haven't seen Kenneth Taylor this guy is like a mouse going thru a 1/4" crack. Be busting in a wall next thing you know he busting thru the other and the announcer just be going crazy. Anyways I'm a BIG 10 guy I'm hitching my sails to Mich St this year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wow!!!! That Mich/Mich St game was unbelievable. College football is rocking. Nothing like watching Harbaugh's face always in disbelief lol. Him and John got that same look. Jeezus. If you guys haven't seen Kenneth Taylor this guy is like a mouse going thru a 1/4" crack. Be busting in a wall next thing you know he busting thru the other and the announcer just be going crazy. Anyways I'm a BIG 10 guy I'm hitching my sails to Mich St this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jim and his agent are already trying to send out feelers to NFL teams. Then again, I thought Michigan would have fired him the past two years so perhaps they just keep him for 2022 too. Jim may not be doing too well in college but I do think there would be teams willing to give him a second chance in the NFL. I mean Pete Carroll got a second chance with the Seahawks so don't see why Jim wouldn't. He turned the 49ers into Super Bowl contenders before being run out of town by ownership and a power play by the GM. I'm sure teams noted how fast the 49ers fell off once he left.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn't be surprised if Jim and his agent are already trying to send out feelers to NFL teams. Then again, I thought Michigan would have fired him the past two years so perhaps they just keep him for 2022 too. Jim may not be doing too well in college but I do think there would be teams willing to give him a second chance in the NFL. I mean Pete Carroll got a second chance with the Seahawks so don't see why Jim wouldn't. He turned the 49ers into Super Bowl contenders before being run out of town by ownership and a power play by the GM. I'm sure teams noted how fast the 49ers fell off once he left.

Well Michigan this year is having a great year And Jim has very emotional ties to them so I'm not sure if he's even interested in an NFL job and whether any GM wants to work with him but I wouldn't mind seeing his return. Imo he adds to the game but I don't believe there is a dream job here.

I also wanted to make a correction in my earlier post. It was was Kenneth Walker not Taylor. This guy is everything you want in a RB!!

Reactions: cdp

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well Michigan this year is having a great year And Jim has very emotional ties to them so I'm not sure if he's even interested in an NFL job and whether any GM wants to work with him but I wouldn't mind seeing his return. Imo he adds to the game but I don't believe there is a dream job here.

I also wanted to make a correction in my earlier post. It was was Kenneth Walker not Taylor. This guy is everything you want in a RB!!
Yes sir. Walker looks like rb1.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was pulling for Mich St, but it seems once again the only legitimate playoff contender from the Big Ten will be Ohio St