• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 Preseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
An old QB, a bunch of youth on the line getting beat is not a recipe for success. Last year they were able to get by with the short screen passes but without an offensive line, that's going to be harder to pull off. I have them finishing 3rd in the division as of now and I don't think that will change.

najee definitely adds something from what ive seen so far but think that's hiding some blocking issues that showed up as soon as he was pulled

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
on the plus side - steelers OL (mostly starters in) looks awful and is getting ripped apart by all-comers

rookie kendrick green just got welcomed to the NFL too

yeah. That’s what I’m watching for. Steelers Oline looks suspect. Najee Harris, however, looks good. The ol’ chicken or the egg question. Does the RB make the run game.. or the Oline.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still find it baffling how the Washington Football Team attacked this off-season and came away with a QB competition between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Taylor Heinicke.

They couldn’t find anyone else on the FA market or through trades? With that defense and how weak the NFC East appears, I would think they go all-in.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is it just me or does anyone else not want to see Lamar on the field for more than 2-3 series the entire preseason?

We know Lamar can play, yes I’d like him to continue developing on field chemistry with his WR, but our O line scares the hell out of me. I really don’t want to see this guy letting his instincts take over and trying to make plays with his legs in the preseason when things inevitably break down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I still find it baffling how the Washington Football Team attacked this off-season and came away with a QB competition between Ryan Fitzpatrick and Taylor Heinicke.

They couldn’t find anyone else on the FA market or through trades? With that defense and how weak the NFC East appears, I would think they go all-in.
They’re gonna build the roster and be patient about the qb. It’s the only right way to build a team. Every time a team sells out to land a qb while having a weak roster, it blows up in their face.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Justin Fields looks great so far. I thought he would struggle with his average accuracy throwing in tight windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yeah Matt Nagy would be an idiot if he still started Andy Dalton week one. Justin Fields is ready.. thankfully the Broncos passed on him and he went to the NFC.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well I have to say, there is some interesting play going on around the league. The rookie quarterbacks look good, Trey Lance especially. He fits so perfectly into the Kyle's system there. Atlanta, Denver & Carolina I feel will regret not picking Fields 5 years from now.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Some team is going to lose a game because of this new emphasis on taunting. Look at this "taunting" penalty called on a Colts running back after he carried the Panthers defense for extra yards.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Some team is going to lose a game because of this new emphasis on taunting. Look at this "taunting" penalty called on a Colts running back after he carried the Panthers defense for extra yards.

I mean you don't have to stand over the defender and bark at him. It seems petty, but like if he's just walking away yelling and hyping the crowd, which is what he's trying to do, then there would be no flag.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Our Boy Joe at it again....

Puts a smile on my face.

I’m surprised he hasn’t called it a career yet, he probably loves this backup job, doesn’t have to take a beating, no blame or expectations, still gets paid, and still has a chance at that glory moment if the starter gets hurt.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Puts a smile on my face.

I’m surprised he hasn’t called it a career yet, he probably loves this backup job, doesn’t have to take a beating, no blame or expectations, still gets paid, and still has a chance at that glory moment if the starter gets hurt.
My question is... is he still even the 2nd string guy in Philly? They just traded for Minchew. I don't think Joe is better than him at this point.

Like if he stays on Philly, he may be a gameday inactive.