• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Kenny Britt Waived

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im not usually one to post about a player cut, especially when said player has been discussed ad nauseum, but given how bad our wr corps has looked all year, this could be a hell of a shot in the arm for our offense, to have a wr who can make tough grabs and bail out joe. let him take a week or 2 off, get acclimated, then have him ready and fresh legged for a late run

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
this guy is a locker room cancer
and not only that:
kenny britt is inconsistency, disappearing and dropping passes personified - he embodies all the things the ravens hate in their receiving corps already
If you have 4 inconsistent guys then one can show up each week and rotate!

And is he really that bad? What was the reason for his waiving this time?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If you have 4 inconsistent guys then one can show up each week and rotate!

And is he really that bad? What was the reason for his waiving this time?

he couldnt get on with the coach or the rest of the locker room at all - he was waived because he wasnt a good receiver and he wasnt a leader/good character in the locker room

i know its the browns but bare this in mind - they are literally happy to pay him not to play for them after less than 1 year into a 4 year deal

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he couldnt get on with the coach or the rest of the locker room at all - he was waived because he wasnt a good receiver and he wasnt a leader/good character in the locker room

i know its the browns but bare this in mind - they are literally happy to pay him not to play for them after less than 1 year into a 4 year deal
huh, i figured they just let him go because josh gordon is back in full force

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Nah, only his 1st year was guaranteed. That was the easy first decision by new GM.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
nope hue jackson has been trying to get him gone since about week 3
ah, didnt know that. i know he disappears at times, but ive never really heard any concrete stories of him being a locker room cancer, just that he can be a knucklehead, obviously hes got issues since hes always bouncing around different teams, but ive never written him off because i still havent heard anyone come out and say "kenny britt did this this and that and hes a real pos". not like a randy gregory, or martavis bryant, or greg hardy, publicly making a total ass out of themselves.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
What a Browns move to let go a productive guy to sign a bum. Then try to trade for the guy they let go and release the newly acquired bum. Holy shit that franchise sucks...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ah, didnt know that. i know he disappears at times, but ive never really heard any concrete stories of him being a locker room cancer, just that he can be a knucklehead, obviously hes got issues since hes always bouncing around different teams, but ive never written him off because i still havent heard anyone come out and say "kenny britt did this this and that and hes a real pos". not like a randy gregory, or martavis bryant, or greg hardy, publicly making a total ass out of themselves.

nope its nothing as outwardly as insidious as gregory or hardy but probably more akin to bryant (but less aired in public and more behind the scenes)

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I mean sure, why the hell not? Browns still paying him handsomely right? With the way his deal is structured we can let him the hell go if he flops out.

Low risk, high reward. not like he''s going to completely fuck the locker room in the ass in the span of like 5 weeks lol. Besides, we need a jumpball target for Joe in the playoffs.

Low risk, high reward. I'd take him on. Not my first choice and I don't see us doing it. But this could be a sneaky under the radar signing that helps us out in the postseason...

Besides, he's better than any #3 WR we've got to be honest.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I mean sure, why the hell not? Browns still paying him handsomely right? With the way his deal is structured we can let him the hell go if he flops out.

Low risk, high reward. not like he''s going to completely fuck the locker room in the ass in the span of like 5 weeks lol. Besides, we need a jumpball target for Joe in the playoffs.

Low risk, high reward. I'd take him on. Not my first choice and I don't see us doing it. But this could be a sneaky under the radar signing that helps us out in the postseason...

Besides, he's better than any #3 WR we've got to be honest.
Wait.....you gotta have a #1 and #2 to have a #3. :-1:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Wait.....you gotta have a #1 and #2 to have a #3. :-1:
We have a #1 and a #2... If they can stay healthy/if Flacco can actually fucking play well again in the upcoming weeks.

As injury prone as Maclin has been for us, and as bad of a game as he had against the Lions... He's still got the skillset of a #1 WR. Part of it is that we don't use him as efficiently as we should, and the other is that Flacco outside of three games this season has been total ass.

Wallace can take the top off of every defense and automatically commands the attention of the safety. If Flacco can continue to take 2-3 deep shots again.. He doesn't need to get recpetions to have an impact on the gameplan.

Britt is something we are missing. A physical threat. If Flacco can continue to take deep shots it'll open up the rest of the passing game even if he doesn't connect on all of the deep shots. That'll open up the middle of the field for Maclin(where he excels) and could also open things up for Woodhead, Watson, and potentially a physical threat.

The WRs are a part of the problem, but they are probably the least prevolant part of the problem.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
He could play more motivated on a contender. He could be instrumental in a AFCCG push. If Henry steps up even more and Judon to

Last edited: