• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Kenny Britt Waived

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Except for non-existent cap space...
And the fact he’s not just disruptive but cancerous in the locker room
He wasn’t cancerous in the Rams locker room. Just because he and Hue didn’t get along doesn’t mean he’s cancerous. They’ve got no leaders in the browns locker room. We do. I think he’d do well here.

Tank

Hall of Famer
We have a #1 and a #2... If they can stay healthy/if Flacco can actually fucking play well again in the upcoming weeks.

As injury prone as Maclin has been for us, and as bad of a game as he had against the Lions... He's still got the skillset of a #1 WR. Part of it is that we don't use him as efficiently as we should, and the other is that Flacco outside of three games this season has been total ass.

Wallace can take the top off of every defense and automatically commands the attention of the safety. If Flacco can continue to take 2-3 deep shots again.. He doesn't need to get recpetions to have an impact on the gameplan.

Britt is something we are missing. A physical threat. If Flacco can continue to take deep shots it'll open up the rest of the passing game even if he doesn't connect on all of the deep shots. That'll open up the middle of the field for Maclin(where he excels) and could also open things up for Woodhead, Watson, and potentially a physical threat.

The WRs are a part of the problem, but they are probably the least prevolant part of the problem.
When we signed him I had high hopes that Maclin would be that guy, but he ain’t.
I was trying to be funny in what I said, but the truth is that not withstanding Flacco’s poor play, the Ravens do not have a true #1 receiver at this time. IMO at best they have a couple of #2s when they are playing well, and 2 other guys that have the potential to be a decent #3. No matter how you cut it, not the best group of WRs.

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
When we signed him I had high hopes that Maclin would be that guy, but he ain’t.
I was trying to be funny in what I said, but the truth is that not withstanding Flacco’s poor play, the Ravens do not have a true #1 receiver at this time. IMO at best they have a couple of #2s when they are playing well, and 2 other guys that have the potential to be a decent #3. No matter how you cut it, not the best group of WRs.
Yet it's a lot better than several WR groups we have had previously. No matter how you spin it. I agree, we need more, but the WR corps is the least important part of the problem. That said, would I mind if we signed Britt? Not at all.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He wasn’t cancerous in the Rams locker room. Just because he and Hue didn’t get along doesn’t mean he’s cancerous. They’ve got no leaders in the browns locker room. We do. I think he’d do well here.
Doesn't excuse his shitty behavior
Except for non-existent cap space...
And the fact he’s not just disruptive but cancerous in the locker room
To be fair. We likely have five more games max this season. While I agree that it's unlikely due to cap, what risk is there really? We can still opt out of his contract if he does prove to be a problem after the five games. This is literally the definition of a potential low risk, high reward signing. Plus in a locker room with several long standing, established players, he's not going to singlehandedly ruin it.

Again, this signing is unlikely, but I wouldn't object to it. Perhaps a change of scenery could do the guy some good.

He's probably going to the Patriots isn't he? Fuck

Tru11

Practice Squad
no tnx

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yet it's a lot better than several WR groups we have had previously. No matter how you spin it. I agree, we need more, but the WR corps is the least important part of the problem. That said, would I mind if we signed Britt? Not at all.
Who would be dropped?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

To be fair. We likely have five more games max this season. While I agree that it's unlikely due to cap, what risk is there really? We can still opt out of his contract if he does prove to be a problem after the five games. This is literally the definition of a potential low risk, high reward signing. Plus in a locker room with several long standing, established players, he's not going to singlehandedly ruin it.

Again, this signing is unlikely, but I wouldn't object to it. Perhaps a change of scenery could do the guy some good.

This

The Raven

Veteran
Fuck it. Why not? Britt brings the one thing we're missing from the offense: a physical, move the chains receiver that makes the tough catch on third down. That's the element we've missed since Boldin. We have a chance at making a run at the playoffs and beyond. Lets make it happen.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

His shitty behavior is excused.

Jk ;)

Given the cap situation - this will only happen if he clears waivers and we can pick him up at vet min. Some are saying that the Pats would be interested and, if Britt's primary goal is to be with a contender, no one else would have a chance to bring him in.

We might be interested, but I don't know. I don't feel like this will make much of a difference - Joe doesn't seem like a QB who builds chemistry with a WR overnight. If it worked out, we can find someone on the margins of this roster to cut and it will be a low risk move.

Given all of this, the odds are pretty low.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep we need to sign the Browns trash. The question has been asked. Who are you gonna let go?

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I would cut Perriman in a heartbeat for this guy skill wise. i am not sure we could fit him in with our cap space and his demeanor may stop our front office from even trying. We could certainly use his receiving skills to help our offense move the chains though.