• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Will Correa Win The ILB Position?

The Greek

Veteran
i personally believe it will come down between correa and onwuasor. mcclellan can help if needed but the 2 young guys will step up in my opinion. i predict onwuasor starts week 1

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i think the moves we've made this offseason suggest that we probably wont be using a 2nd inside line backer like we used Orr in the passing game and will move into versatile alignments maybe using bowser (and correa if he progresses) or even onwuasor given his old safety roots
alternatively i could see us playing a lot more dime and having jefferson play as the dimebacker in some situations

all im saying is im not sure how much of a role there will be to win... at least in the passing game

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
i see Correa winning the starting job or going back outside and Bowser playing inside with Mosley.

Tiz

Practice Squad
Iirc onwusuar was a beast of a hittter last training camp. His physicality makes me hope he wins it but I also want the correa pick to work out too.

His rookie season doesnt give me a lot of hope. He might have great character but we left productive pass rushers on the board.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
His rookie season doesnt give me a lot of hope. He might have great character but we left productive pass rushers on the board.
He was in the doghouse after the fight with pitta. He didn't even get to play, how can yu even judge his rookie season.

He was in the doghouse after the fight with pitta. He didn't even get to play, how can yu even judge his rookie season.

I dont buy that, he couldnt get on the field because he was so far behind the curve. Judon effectively became the player he was supposed to be. In one of Correas first games he charged a stationary blocker and got pancaked.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Correa's situation is somewhat of an unknown at this point. Nobody really knows where he stands in terms of his playbook prowess or lack there of. Is he another Arthur Brown or a guy that is going to blossom in his sophomore year? We'll find out once OTA's and training camp begins I suppose.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have no expectation for Correa at this point. It is what it is!

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he played in the Jets game and dropped an easy interception. For what that's worth...

I think we'll probably see a lot of Bowser in the middle with Mosley regardless of who "wins" the other ILB spot. Bowser is great in coverage and should also be moved around a lot to blitz from different positions a la Jamie Collins.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
I dont buy that, he couldnt get on the field because he was so far behind the curve. Judon effectively became the player he was supposed to be. In one of Correas first games he charged a stationary blocker and got pancaked.
You understand Correa was learning a new position through training camp and i would say the whole year he was practicing inside. Judon was practicing his natural position, of course he going to play more. He was practiced from the start of training camp. Pees even admitted he put too much on Correa's plate.
[doublepost=1494364485,1494364426][/doublepost]Its like if we draft QB but hes learning how to play WR (Keenan Reynolds), But lets say this new WR was competent at playing QB. Flacco goes down, you expect this college QB learning how to play WR to step in and play QB just cause he played it in College? No.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I do believe Correa wins the ilb position but as has been stated for a while, including in this threads, I believe Bowser will play a Jamie Collins role and play from multiple alignments, including ilb.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He was a player that everyone said would need a year to develop and everyone seems so shocked that he needed a year to develop. He was going to be raw because that is what people said about him when he was drafted. That combined with Orr being so great pretty much locked Correa out of a spot in games last year.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I do see Correa getting playing time this season but not a majority of the defensive snaps. I see him being worked into sub packages that maximize his skill set.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, I think Correa will be the second ILB most of the time. It seems like the Ravens want Bowser to be a SAM backer, basically to take Suggs' spot.

You understand Correa was learning a new position through training camp and i would say the whole year he was practicing inside. Judon was practicing his natural position, of course he going to play more. He was practiced from the start of training camp. Pees even admitted he put too much on Correa's plate.
[doublepost=1494364485,1494364426][/doublepost]Its like if we draft QB but hes learning how to play WR (Keenan Reynolds), But lets say this new WR was competent at playing QB. Flacco goes down, you expect this college QB learning how to play WR to step in and play QB just cause he played it in College? No.

He's learning a position he wasn't drafted for, thats not a ringing endorsement of his ability especially when Judon is probably going to start. We essentially spent a high pick for a project non-marquee player at a non-marquee position

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
He's learning a position he wasn't drafted for, thats not a ringing endorsement of his ability especially when Judon is probably going to start. We essentially spent a high pick for a project non-marquee player at a non-marquee position
How do you know he wasn't drafted to play ILB? If anythingthey moved him cause there was no competition at ILB and they wasnt so sure about Orr yet. If you dont like Correa You shouldnt like Bowser. Bowser is just like Correa coming out maybe worse. I would say Correa is a better prospect if they both came out the same year.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Judon is an outside linebacker/DE. He won't be the other ILB. Suggs, Bowser, Williams, and Judon will take turns on the outside with Mosley and Correa with someone backup inside.