• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Will Correa Win The ILB Position?

How do you know he wasn't drafted to play ILB? If anythingthey moved him cause there was no competition at ILB and they wasnt so sure about Orr yet. If you dont like Correa You shouldnt like Bowser. Bowser is just like Correa coming out maybe worse. I would say Correa is a better prospect if they both came out the same year.

Correa didn't play ILB in college, if we wanted an ILB we would have taken Myles Jack or Reggie Ragland instead of passing on them.

As for Bowser NFL.com gave him a 1-2 round grade and Correa a 2nd round grade, Bowser was probably graded higher because he's slightly more athletic and is better in space. Bowser has his own question marks, but I'm not going to dislike X because Y doesn't look like he's panning out.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
you
Correa didn't play ILB in college, if we wanted an ILB we would have taken Myles Jack or Reggie Ragland instead of passing on them.

As for Bowser NFL.com gave him a 1-2 round grade and Correa a 2nd round grade, Bowser was probably graded higher because he's slightly more athletic and is better in space. Bowser has his own question marks, but I'm not going to dislike X because Y doesn't look like he's panning out.
understand his grade went up after the senior bowl then the combine just confirmed his athleticism. most of his tape he didnt show much. if you watched some of his tape Steven Taylor was making more plays than Tyus on that defense. Going off NFL.com grades is funny if you dont even watch. LOL BTW both Jack and Ragland were both off the board. If they didnt trade the pick, you could say they wouldnt have gotten Judon

you

understand his grade went up after the senior bowl then the combine just confirmed his athleticism. most of his tape he didnt show much. if you watched some of his tape Steven Taylor was making more plays than Tyus on that defense. Going off NFL.com grades is funny if you dont even watch. LOL BTW both Jack and Ragland were both off the board. If they didnt trade the pick, you could say they wouldnt have gotten Judon

I cited the NFL.com grades (ie NFL Advisory Board grades) because you said Correa would be the better prospect if they came out in the same year. For what it's worth I didn't like Correa or Bowser before either draft, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Also we traded back twice, that means we passed on Jack and Ragland.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
I cited the NFL.com grades (ie NFL Advisory Board grades) because you said Correa would be the better prospect if they came out in the same year. For what it's worth I didn't like Correa or Bowser before either draft, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

so you saying you like Jack > Correa/Judon? No thanks and Myles and Ragland didnt make an impact too. i like judon > noah spence.
Bowser would have been undrafted if he came out the same year as Correa. In 3 years Correa did just as much as Bowser in 4 years.

so you saying you like Jack > Correa/Judon? No thanks and Myles and Ragland didnt make an impact too. i like judon > noah spence.
Bowser would have been undrafted if he came out the same year as Correa. In 3 years Correa did just as much as Bowser in 4 years.

The only opinion I shared was that I didn't like Correa or Bowser as prospects. To tie it all back to your original post you questioned if Correa was drafted to play ILB because we weren't sure about Orr, now at the very least he might have been seen as a versatile piece like Bowser but when you have question marks at edge rusher you don't draft one just to change him to another position, and if we wanted an ILB two of the top three were available for us to draft.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
The only opinion I shared was that I didn't like Correa or Bowser as prospects. To tie it all back to your original post you questioned if Correa was drafted to play ILB because we weren't sure about Orr, now at the very least he might have been seen as a versatile piece like Bowser but when you have question marks at edge rusher you don't draft one just to change him to another position, and if we wanted an ILB two of the top three were available for us to draft.
How do you know rags and jack is better than correa at ILB? All of them didnt even play last year.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler

Do you mean that Ragland didn't have an impact last year or on his college tapes? If it's the former then that's harsh considering he was injured last year.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reading about Bowser and how Mayock compares him to H.Reddick then seeing his practice footage intercepting a pass. I think he may end up seeing some time inside if Correa doesn't impress.

I'm actually surprise Ozzie & company never mentioned it, unless they want to take it slow since they overloaded Correa multiple positions that he never played before last year.
[doublepost=1494436913,1494436527][/doublepost]
Correa's situation is somewhat of an unknown at this point. Nobody really knows where he stands in terms of his playbook prowess or lack there of. Is he another Arthur Brown or a guy that is going to blossom in his sophomore year? We'll find out once OTA's and training camp begins I suppose.

I hope not... because A.Brown never even got to see the field and there was never any information about what held him back.

I'd be pissed if they took another 2nd round pick and never even let them touch the field, to succeed or fail

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He's learning a position he wasn't drafted for, thats not a ringing endorsement of his ability especially when Judon is probably going to start. We essentially spent a high pick for a project non-marquee player at a non-marquee position
Just because he didn't play that position in college doesn't mean that wasn't the fo intention for Correa. That being said I would have much rather had Cody Whitehair. He's already a top 10 center in this league, plus he has the ability to play all three inside ol positions at a high level.

Anyway, I agree with most of your post, but not the initial sentence.
[doublepost=1494809856,1494794209][/doublepost]

I'd much rather have Whitehair and he was available with our 2nd pick

Whitehair was my favorite olineman in last years draft, I knew we were looking at serious interior line questions and he was going to be an All Pro type.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This isn't the first time I've seen someone definitively say Judon is gonna be our ILB... where do people get this idea? He's an edge guy through and through

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he doesn't make his way at ILB, I'm not sure where he fits in, other than on special teams and as added depth.

Read that McLellan could be considered at ILB next to CJ. I certainly hope not.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If he doesn't make his way at ILB, I'm not sure where he fits in, other than on special teams and as added depth.

We all saw how McLellan played at ILB when CJ was injured.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

im sure he'll be considered the same way kendrick lewis was considered for safety last year, or buck allen at rb, etc.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
im sure he'll be considered the same way kendrick lewis was considered for safety last year, or buck allen at rb, etc.
I don't know. For some reason the coaches are enamoured with this guy getting starting reps.

Allen is a turnstile in protection but I like him a lot in space.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't know. For some reason the coaches are enamoured with this guy getting starting reps.

Allen is a turnstile in protection but I like him a lot in space.
i think its more about the coaches just being comfortable in the familiarity. upshaws first year gone we needed an edge setter, so he got some "starting" reps as in hes in on the first snap of the game, mostly by default as we had no other real edge setter. and hes shown a serviceable run defending skillset and hes the veteran choice as the 2nd ilb, so i think its obvious he gets "considered", he may even be the current starter in the coaches eyes, but im sure they know that its a good chance he gets outplayed by one of the younger more splashier guys

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think its more about the coaches just being comfortable in the familiarity. upshaws first year gone we needed an edge setter, so he got some "starting" reps as in hes in on the first snap of the game, mostly by default as we had no other real edge setter. and hes shown a serviceable run defending skillset and hes the veteran choice as the 2nd ilb, so i think its obvious he gets "considered", he may even be the current starter in the coaches eyes, but im sure they know that its a good chance he gets outplayed by one of the younger more splashier guys

There is definitely a place for the sort of player that shows up, is dependable, knows what his assignment is, is good in the locker room, etc.
That's how I see Mclellan. Really difficult to envision him getting a look at starting for any other team in the NFL.