• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Will Correa Win The ILB Position?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nobody said that, that was misinterpreted. We're not moving a 275lb power edge rusher to ILB
The problem is, you said "He's learning a position he wasn't drafted for, thats not a ringing endorsement of his ability especially when Judon is probably going to start." Unless you meant Judon was going to take the other ILB spot, then him starting has nothing to do with Correa possibly starting at the second ILB spot.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I'm in the "probably, but does it really matter?" camp. I think that we ultimately are going to see Jefferson playing as a box safety/"moneybacker" more than we are going to see Correa playing meaningful snaps in coverage like Orr did.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I'm in the "probably, but does it really matter?" camp. I think that we ultimately are going to see Jefferson playing as a box safety/"moneybacker" more than we are going to see Correa playing meaningful snaps in coverage like Orr did.
Not that Orr should have been playing meaningful coverage snaps.

I think Jefferson was a big step in the right direction of remedying the weak coverage from the linebackers. Couple that with drafting Bowser and it all of a sudden can be a strength with Bowser-Jefferson-Mosley.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Not that Orr should have been playing meaningful coverage snaps.

I think Jefferson was a big step in the right direction of remedying the weak coverage from the linebackers. Couple that with drafting Bowser and it all of a sudden can be a strength with Bowser-Jefferson-Mosley.

I'm still not really sure where Bowser fits- definitely excited to see where he ends up though. I still think I'd prefer to see him on the edge- love watching him bend the edge in his tape.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I'm still not really sure where Bowser fits- definitely excited to see where he ends up though. I still think I'd prefer to see him on the edge- love watching him bend the edge in his tape.
I think he gets viewed as a jack of all trades, master of none. I think he'll do a little bit of everything, but coverage is where I expect him to make his money.