• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

First Up: @ Raiders

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We commence the 2021 season on the road in Las Vegas. As much as I want to destroy this team, I really don't have a good feeling about this game. However, it's the NFL and it's unpredictability makes this league great. Let's see what happens.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Probably the least healthy i can remember the roster being going into week 1 - obviously the season-ender for dobbins but also all the niggly stuff and guys not being able to practice

that more than anything makes me nervous

but the 1st team offence melted its way downfield against the washington backups on that 1st drive (before they stalled) despite missing most of the WR corps and the OL not having practiced much together

and i have no concerns about the ability of this defence to dominate

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not worried about this game. Good matchup for us even with the injuries. This offense will score against the Raiders defense and as @rossihunter2 said, I'm not worried about the defense at all.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
We commence the 2021 season on the road in Las Vegas. As much as I want to destroy this team, I really don't have a good feeling about this game. However, it's the NFL and it's unpredictability makes this league great. Let's see what happens.

We're gonna absolutely crush them. Their OL is piss poor so I see a ton of heat getting to Carr, forcing him into mistakes. As long as we can cover Waller, we will be A-Ok. Their defense?? :D:D:D

BTW, what happened to #SIIE? We need to SIIE a win

I’ll be in attendance for this one! But upon looking at their roster/depth chart, I just don’t see them beating us. Their WR room looks worse then ours and we should be able to run on that DL.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
We're gonna absolutely crush them. Their OL is piss poor so I see a ton of heat getting to Carr, forcing him into mistakes. As long as we can cover Waller, we will be A-Ok. Their defense?? :D:D:D

In order for me to #SIIE something, the energy must manifest itself naturally. It must come organically or I won't do it lol.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
In order for me to #SIIE something, the energy must manifest itself naturally. It must come organically or I won't do it lol.

Must always find the inner energy for a W. No matter what. It’s inside you

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sounds like a perfect oxford dictionary entry lol.

We usually do very well in season opening games. We crushed all of them in the past couple of years.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
We’re gonna kick their fucking ass

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Probably the least healthy i can remember the roster being going into week 1 - obviously the season-ender for dobbins but also all the niggly stuff and guys not being able to practice

that more than anything makes me nervous

but the 1st team offence melted its way downfield against the washington backups on that 1st drive (before they stalled) despite missing most of the WR corps and the OL not having practiced much together

and i have no concerns about the ability of this defence to dominate

True. Least healthy we've been going into a season... and the crazy thing is this current group is still better than last year's week 1 starters to me.
The only "weak" spot to me is OL. All the weapons are back with Sammy over Boykins. A year under Elliot and the ILBS. More speed on edge. The Raiders have speed on defense, but still don't trust them as a unit. Also, don't trust their OL or Carr against. Do think we'll give up some plays to Waller but in the end Ravens win big.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
True. Least healthy we've been going into a season... and the crazy thing is this current group is still better than last year's week 1 starters to me.
The only "weak" spot to me is OL. All the weapons are back with Sammy over Boykins. A year under Elliot and the ILBS. More speed on edge. The Raiders have speed on defense, but still don't trust them as a unit. Also, don't trust their OL or Carr against. Do think we'll give up some plays to Waller but in the end Ravens win big.

im not super worried about the OL - i think there might be some lingering form issues with Stanley as he gets his feet back under him but ive seen enough in preseason to feel ok about them as a unit

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Save it for next week against the Chiefs... that's for sure.
I can't speak for Brother @JAAM but it's very rare for me to do #SIIEs for winning games. My anxiety, tendency to overanalyze shit, and "we'll see what happens" mindset won't allow it lol.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
For those who can make a last minute trip to Las Vegas, tickets and hotel rooms are plentiful and at reasonable prices. I see a lot of tickets that are at face value, some maybe even below that.