• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

First Up: @ Raiders

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

still done by the PR staff - but updated today

obvs still got justice hill on there but notably they've adjusted some things:

Tyre Phillips at starting LG
Replaced Pernell with Houston at starting Rush

How do you feel about tyre being the likely starter at LG?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How do you feel about tyre being the likely starter at LG?

i honestly prefer that outcome over powers - he's been the guy i thought would win it since camp reports about cleveland started coming out (about his stance and stuff) - think his ankle injury was a spanner in the works because he lost his chance to play significant LG reps

i still dont know that i believe that depth chart given that powers took all the starter reps at LG the whole way through preseason

but if it's true then it's welcome to me because i think Tyre just has so much more to offer vs Ben

Simba

Staff Member

not sure if it's too late for jimmy to be active by Monday night but a good sign that he's back at practice

Would be a quick turnaround but it would be great if Jimmy could play Monday night. Would love to see him in that hybrid S role and matching up on Waller. Just not sure 3 practices and a walkthrough will be enough for them to feel comfortable after having missed a month.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Would be a quick turnaround but it would be great if Jimmy could play Monday night. Would love to see him in that hybrid S role and matching up on Waller. Just not sure 3 practices and a walkthrough will be enough for them to feel comfortable after having missed a month.

i think it being monday night helps - it being jimmy as well and him likely not needing to play a ton of snaps necessarily to still have an impact i wouldnt write him off yet

but yeah it might be a push

but a great sign that he might be ready for week 2 if not ready by monday

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What does "waived-injured" mean if he's going to ir?

basically half-way between injured and cut - basically my guess is he probably doesnt factor much in our future plans anymore and it allows other teams to claim him and take on his contract (while injured) - in almost all cases though these guys don't get claimed and then they get placed on I/R of the team that waived them

it's more important when you've got players with not season ending injuries where after a player goes claimless you can negotiate an injury settlement so that they aren't sat on i/r the whole time taking up cap space for the whole year

with hill it doesnt matter because his injury is likely season-ending so any settlement would have to account for his whole season's worth of contract

basically it was a chance to get his salary off the books before stashing him on i/r