• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 1 Discussion Thread- MNF Edition

How will the AFC North fare on Sunday?

• Total voters

rossihunter2

Staff Member
vita vea was having his own personal party in the backfield there at the end - at his size and with his power and athleticism im not sure he's blockable when he gets the sort of get off he had tonight - you have to just do your best to stem the tide or try and divert him past the pocket but you're not stopping him from pushing you into the pocket

JO_75

Hall of Famer
well hard to work out who's hard done by more normally but the refs with the critical no call on that push off by godwin

Yeah, we have to find a balance of the refs keeping the flags away in the final minutes and actually calling penalties when they happen. I'd say it was a good no call, but you could clearly see the arm extended so... idk.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Not sure if anyone else caught it but post game Dak said to Brady while both walking away ill see you again in the playoffs. Brady said something like sure with his thumbs up not looking to sure about that statement and I laughed my ass off

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, we have to find a balance of the refs keeping the flags away in the final minutes and actually calling penalties when they happen. I'd say it was a good no call, but you could clearly see the arm extended so... idk.
I can definitely see it being OPI but I feel like they literally never call that WRs now days arm bar corners on nearly ever single throw and catch thats contested. I know Deandre hopkins does it more than anyone

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I ended up going with the Bucs. after the day the Ravens had and a shit day at work.. Ive never rooted for Brady more

I decided to go with the Rams. I may change it before Sunday but so many games in week one is a toss up. Even if you wanted to save good teams thinking Houston is going to be terrible and pick Jacksonville, that's not really a guarantee Jacksonville will win either.

Not sure if anyone else caught it but post game Dak said to Brady while both walking away ill see you again in the playoffs. Brady said something like sure with his thumbs up not looking to sure about that statement and I laughed my ass off

I can definitely see this being a playoff rematch if Dallas gets past the Wild Card round, they are no more than a four seed given how stacked the NFC is at the moment. Pretty good chances of them running into a really good team at the five seed, even if they get the three seed and run into a good team who got the sixth seed

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
@JO_75 @rossihunter2 survivor wise I think this nugget is pretty great. 2018 and 2019 I won first in a 60 person 50$ buy in survivor. Last year? knocked out week 1 with the eagles by the wft...
Thank god the Bucs pulled this out or I would have had the biggest fortune to famine mockery ever.
Also, as you can see from the side bar in the first one, The Bills beating the vikings in 2018 was the biggest massacre in survivor history.
Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.15.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.15.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 9.14.44 PM.png

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I decided to go with the Rams. I may change it before Sunday but so many games in week one is a toss up. Even if you wanted to save good teams thinking Houston is going to be terrible and pick Jacksonville, that's not really a guarantee Jacksonville will win either.

I can definitely see this being a playoff rematch if Dallas gets past the Wild Card round, they are no more than a four seed given how stacked the NFC is at the moment. Pretty good chances of them running into a really good team at the five seed, even if they get the three seed and run into a good team who got the sixth seed
NGl tonight proved be wrong about the cowboys and dak even if they lost, ive always thought they were fraud but they tore through an elite defense. They likely could see eachother again but Bradys quick reaction was just awkward and hilarious

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Cowboys take another loss.. RT La'El Collins is suspended the next 5 games for violating the NFL's policy and program on substances of abuse.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Little early but mfs killed me when i said id still take AB over 90% of wrs right now… really dnt know why packers didnt go after him.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I had a feeling that the other purple team are wearing their home jerseys in Cincy. Surprisingly, the Eagles are as well in the ATL. There are a number of teams who wear their away jerseys at home (us being one of them), but I didn't think the Falcons were gonna be part of this list.