• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Raiders Week 1 Edition

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Whelp...

Some positives to draw from that first half but it was a straight trip downhill from then on.

And you can see the effect the injury attrition has had on this team. In key spots we're just a couple of percent off the pace. The injury to Tyre is brutal in a number of ways. He was also the backup RT but now we've not only most likely lost our starting LG but also our Plan B at RT.

We've got great depth but a lot of it is just that... depth.

Roman abandoned the running game and I understand why but it was working somewhat ok with Ty'son in the 1st half.

Lots of issues to sort out or it's gonna be a long hard season.

A few positives:
- Oweh looked unblockable at times
- Hollywood and Sammy Watkins look great
- The young DBs showed a ton of promise (Stephens, Westry)

And to lose it like that in overtime with the Lamar fumble after everything is gut-wrenching.

Simba

Staff Member
Brutal.

Y’all know im not a blame the coaches guy but on the defensive side of the ball, it was not Wink’s finest night. Zero blitzed them to hell with no results. Backfired every time. Hard to do that without Peters out there.

I figured Stanley would need some time to get back into things. But AV was hot garbage. They’re going to need to start looking at other T options.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Lamar needs to start making faster decisions. If he’s going to run then run if he’s going to pass then pass but the run around in a collapsing pocket with only one hand on the football trick is getting old.

Simba

Staff Member
Lamar needs to start making faster decisions. If he’s going to run then run if he’s going to pass then pass but the run around in a collapsing pocket with only one hand on the football trick is getting old.

I find it hard to blame Lamar when he had a dude in his lap every other play. That pocket collapsed faster than it did last year with Fluker trying to play RT.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Wink called a terrible game.

AV was fucking trash.

Too many mistakes from Lamar. Can't give them the ball with that field position.

Andrews rarely seems to make a clutch catch.

STILL don't trust Roman.

Vegas definitely cleaned up tonight.

Why does it seem like we NEVER get pressure with a regular four man rush? Hell, couldn't get it with 6

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Brutal.

Y’all know im not a blame the coaches guy but on the defensive side of the ball, it was not Wink’s finest night. Zero blitzed them to hell with no results. Backfired every time. Hard to do that without Peters out there.

I figured Stanley would need some time to get back into things. But AV was hot garbage. They’re going to need to start looking at other T options.

i dont think we got a single positive result from a zero blitz...

we've been successful in the past being multiple and showing zero but backing out at the snap and creating deception - we're down Peters and Tavon's coming back from nearly 2 years without meaningful football and it's putting them in tough spots...

the DB blitzes werent as successful as they normally are and i wonder if it's because teams are too well prepared for them now - best blitz we had was the deceptive 1 man off-ball blitz by queen

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
We will not make the playoffs my friends with this offensive line . Villanueva is a huge downgrade at RT and should be benched for someone else .
Our D let us down multiple times at the end as well. 35 seconds or so , no timeouts and we let Carr walk down the field , Disgusting

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I find it hard to blame Lamar when he had a dude in his lap every other play. That pocket collapsed faster than it did last year with Fluker trying to play RT.
It’s either him or Roman but someone should have seen that and called runs and shorter route concepts to get the ball out faster. Brady is a pylon in the pocket and arians knows that which is why they have him throw so soon.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
we dont have anyone else
Get someone off someone’s practice squad. We will not win many games this year with him at tackle . Now I know why Steelers fans were delighted we picked him up. Imagine the Browns and Steelers pass rush now -we will lose all 4 games with him there .

Simba

Staff Member
It’s either him or Roman but someone should have seen that and called runs and shorter route concepts to get the ball out faster. Brady is a pylon in the pocket and arians knows that which is why they have him throw so soon.

There’s only so much you can do. I’d agree if Lamar was just chilling in the pocket but he no sooner finished his drop back and someone was on his hip. They tried to help Villanueva out for the most part but they couldn’t continually keep an extra guy there.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm revoking everyone's #SIIE powers for the remainder of the season. Go ahead and say I'm overreacting and give me a dislike, but the season is over. This offensive line was the very reason I didn't feel as optimistic going into this season and it unfortunately proved me right.

Disgust isn't even the word I'm looking for, but fuck it, season is over. I'm heading to the Pit of Misery for the remainder of the week. Come if you like, but fuck this shit.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
There’s only so much you can do. I’d agree if Lamar was just chilling in the pocket but he no sooner finished his drop back and someone was on his hip. They tried to help Villanueva out for the most part but they couldn’t continually keep an extra guy there.

yeah its not like lamar was taking his time - he was hardly able to get to his set point at times - and when he was able to get there he was instantly having to bail

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
Protection was garbage, but it felt like when Lamar hit those passes and we went up 14-0 they’d get to rolling. Our defense was playing well, the Raiders made adjustments to go to a million bunch formation rub routes and Wink’s only real adjustment was to move Humphrey onto Renfrow.

Up 3, we went to 3 man rush prevent man, which was silly because even our man blitz weren’t working at that point. Just gave them 15 yards of cushion to move it freely.

If Lamar has even average protection tonight seemed like he’s throwing for 300+.
Andrews really let everyone down with that drop. Lamar’s third fumble nailed in the coffin.