• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Raiders Week 1 Edition

Simba

Staff Member
Also thought Tavon looked really bad tonight. Hoping it was knocking off some rust but they were right to transition to more Westry and Stephens. Neither was perfect but you can see the signs with them.

Simba

Staff Member
And a random positive, Trenton Cannon is so fast. He was killing it as a gunner. Understand why they wanted him after seeing him in action.

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm revoking everyone's #SIIE powers for the remainder of the season. Go ahead and say I'm overreacting and give me a dislike, but the season is over. This offensive line was the very reason I didn't feel as optimistic going into this season and it unfortunately proved me right.

Disgust isn't even the word I'm looking for, but fuck it, season is over. I'm heading to the Pit of Misery for the remainder of the week. Come if you like, but fuck this shit.

pardon my ignorance I haven’t been here for some time but what in the world is “ #SIIE powers “. I saw this during game feed and was baffled.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Getting outcoached by old man Gruden hurts... our coaching staff should be embarrassed.

Positives:
- Lamar Jackson. He's still Lamar, He had some good throws and you can see the improvement in his passing game. Lamar put this team on his back so much in this game, we will always have a chance to win with his never give up attitude.
- Defense actually held up pretty good for the most part despite the injuries. Just too bad they are a negative too.
- Oweh is going to get his sacks, he will finish and I believe will be a sack monster in this league.
- Ty'son Williams looked good, should have ran more with him. I don't think we'll miss a beat in the run game but a lot of potential there.

Negatives:
- The OL. Lamar is still Lamar but the few times Lamar had time in the pocket, he was able to make plays. We need to start bolstering the line with first round picks the way Dallas did, stop expecting mid round guys to become starters.
- Lamar is here on both, he needs to practice ball control. He can't keep fumbling the ball at the worst times.
- The defense. Lamar put the team on his back to get the lead, only for the defense to throw it away. Same old Ravens defense, letting the offense down. They did it with Flacco, they are doing it with Lamar too.
- Fire Roman. How many times does Harbaugh need to watch Greg constantly abandon the run and not notice a pattern? Like here's the thing, normally Roman panics when we are losing but he went away from the run game even when we were leading. They had 37 seconds left when Tucker put us up 27-24. How many times did we pass, the ball was incomplete and the clock stopped. Now if one or two of those plays were run plays, they likely don't have 37 seconds to drive down the field.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm revoking everyone's #SIIE powers for the remainder of the season. Go ahead and say I'm overreacting and give me a dislike, but the season is over. This offensive line was the very reason I didn't feel as optimistic going into this season and it unfortunately proved me right.

Disgust isn't even the word I'm looking for, but fuck it, season is over. I'm heading to the Pit of Misery for the remainder of the week. Come if you like, but fuck this shit.
Motherfucker I told you not to fuck with the magic

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
pardon my ignorance I haven’t been here for some time but what in the world is “ #SIIE powers “. I saw this during game feed and was baffled.
SIIE = Speak It Into Existence. I was trying to speak the commencement of Lamar's MVP season into existence this season. Disregard it.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think we will struggle to be a 500 team this year. I know it’s early but there are pass rushers from the Steelers, Browns ,etc that will make Villanueva look even worse than tonight. You cannot win with an offensive line like this .

Tank

Hall of Famer
Have to give Raiders their props, they played a helluva game on both sides of the ball. And that stadium was rockin’, hope our fans match that level next week.

Lamar looked like a different QB for much of the game, passes were tight and on target. A lot to be excited about there, but he’s gotta protect the ball better.

I just can’t understand why we continue to fill O line positions mostly as an afterthought. Been a problem for years, baffling for such a savvy FO.

Simba

Staff Member
I try not to overreact to one game but after hearing how much AV struggled in camp and now seeing it live, you have to consider the idea that he’s burnt. I wouldn’t completely say that based on week 1 but if this type of play continues you have to start lining up contingency plans. It was a dreadful performance.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I try not to overreact to one game but after hearing how much AV struggled in camp and now seeing it live, you have to consider the idea that he’s burnt. I wouldn’t completely say that based on week 1 but if this type of play continues you have to start lining up contingency plans. It was a dreadful performance.

i think the thing that makes me super down about it is that the only legit other option to replace him has likely just gone down with a season ender...

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
An absolute F- result and the primary reason we lost this game.