• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chiefs

redrum52

Hall of Famer
1. This “group” or chat or forum or whatever is pretty great. Some of the insight you guys provide is awesome. Especially for someone like me who doesn’t have the time and has to go home and wrestle two five years olds every day after work.

2. Not liking the negativity this week. I know Monday was rough, but it was close game and we’re still working out the kinks.

3. If we can establish the run game and dominate time of possession we got a chance.

4. I don’t care how much it hurts I’m going to get my hopes for Sunday night! Bourbon on ice , let’s go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This week will be much more positive only due to the expectations of a loss anyway. After the Raiders loss and how the Chiefs did us last time on MNF, at this point I'm watching cause I'm a masochist. It will be ugly in a humourous manner... BUT the way early weeks go, like @rmcjacket23 said, wouldn't be shocked either if we manage to win or it's close. The first month of football is weird.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stanley, Hollywood, Westry, and Wolfe missing from practice today
Don't recall any in-game injuries for the first three, so likely just rest. Stanley and Hollywood could easily get vet days.

Stanley I would imagine may not practice much at all in the first few weeks.

Good news that Jimmy isn't on that list.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
This week will be much more positive only due to the expectations of a loss anyway. After the Raiders loss and how the Chiefs did us last time on MNF, at this point I'm watching cause I'm a masochist. It will be ugly in a humourous manner... BUT the way early weeks go, like @rmcjacket23 said, wouldn't be shocked either if we manage to win or it's close. The first month of football is weird.
I don't have expectations of a win, but won't surprise me if we do.

Not getting blown out is the goal. Improved Oline play, improved pass rush, close game is what I would like to see. If we do that, I'll be fine with starting 0-2.

Simba

Staff Member
I'd guess in Westry's case at the very least, something cropped up after the game/the next day or something. Probably running on adrenaline and then when the body slows, you start to realize that hey, maybe this actually hurts.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I don't have expectations of a win, but won't surprise me if we do.

Not getting blown out is the goal. Improved Oline play, improved pass rush, close game is what I would like to see. If we do that, I'll be fine with starting 0-2.

Part of me wants to believe the playcalling was so basic because they were saving it for this game but the realist says this is a mollywhoppin start to finish.

Simba

Staff Member
No direct confirmation but Zrebiec is continually insinuating that Westry's injury will likely cause him to miss some time. If that's the case, I hope Jimmy is ready to go for this week.

Simba

Staff Member
We’re really going to have to see Andre Smith play a real, meaningful football game in a Ravens uniform this weekend, aren’t we?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Ravens are preparing to be without All Pro LT Ronnie Stanley this week and possibly far longer ad he undergoes more medical testing. Villanueva slides back to LT, his natural spot, with Patrick Makari next up to RT. OL was already under fire before this setback</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="">September 16, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simba

Staff Member
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Ravens are preparing to be without All Pro LT Ronnie Stanley this week and possibly far longer ad he undergoes more medical testing. Villanueva slides back to LT, his natural spot, with Patrick Makari next up to RT. OL was already under fire before this setback</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="">September 16, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know this sucks as a whole because we have no T depth, but Stanley clearly didn’t look right. Would rather him get whatever taken care of and recover properly than continue to put him at risk when he’s clearly not himself.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know this sucks as a whole because we have no T depth, but Stanley clearly didn’t look right. Would rather him get whatever taken care of and recover properly than continue to put him at risk when he’s clearly not himself.
Yeah the more concerning part to me is the "considerably longer" aspect of this. Not sure what the issue is or what it will take to fix it. Sounds like an extended absence is possible though.