• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pass rushers

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yo who the hell is this PJ Hall kid.

Gil Brandt
@Gil_Brandt

At @BearkatsFB pro day today, DL P.J. Hall measured 6-0 1/2, 308, ran 40 in 4.83/4.71 seconds, had 38 VJ, 9-8 BJ, 36 lifts. Wow! Moved from DE to DT. Quick off ball but slows down. Reminds some of Aaron Donald. My pick to be earliest non-combine invite drafted.

Also has 14 career blocked kicks. 14!!!!!!!

Who the hell is thus guy
Looking him up, and one of the crazy things about him is that his stats got better every season. Even with teams specifically game planning against him, he still destroyed offenses.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looking him up, and one of the crazy things about him is that his stats got better every season. Even with teams specifically game planning against him, he still destroyed offenses.
Theres only 2 games from him on youtube and they are both terrible. One game hes used as the edge setter and the other was vs North Dakota St and they game planned against him making him irrelavent. But has 86.5 tackles for loss in his career (i believe). Theres just no tape of him out there

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont think any of those guys actually look at fit - they see EDGE and they throw him at a team that needs pass rush help
That is true. I guess i just got the impression he was strictly 4-3. He has some fuildity to hus game. He ran with a RB on a wheel route and was in great position.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Theres only 2 games from him on youtube and they are both terrible. One game hes used as the edge setter and the other was vs North Dakota St and they game planned against him making him irrelavent. But has 86.5 tackles for loss in his career (i believe). Theres just no tape of him out there

yeah i think i found that same edge setting game you did - this dude looks like he could be a monster 3 tech but i cant find any actual evidence
i imagine he's gonna be a guy that media are surprised by (unless they really do have insider sources) and that fans are like wtf because to them he literally doesnt exist

i cant say where hell go or where he should go because ive seen nothing but he strikes me as someone who could take everyone by surprise and be a surprisingly high day 2 pick if a team loves the film they have

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
How do you guys view Marcus Davenport? Seems like we’re sleeping on him. I could see him at 16

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That is true. I guess i just got the impression he was strictly 4-3. He has some fuildity to hus game. He ran with a RB on a wheel route and was in great position.

oh 100% he can play 3-4 olb - i imagine he'd do well as a 4-3 end too given that he has good sudden athleticism but has inconsistent get off which i imagine a 3 point stance would help with and he certainly has the strength to play 4-3 end but has shown decent instincts in coverage as well as a strong understanding of edge setting (even if he gets it wrong occasionally and loses contain on a shift qb or a rb bouncing outside)

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Davenport. In this weak pass rushing class, should be a top 15 talent. He has the most potential of all the pass rushers in this class and its not even close. Kid is a monster athletically.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Davenport. In this weak pass rushing class, should be a top 15 talent. He has the most potential of all the pass rushers in this class and its not even close. Kid is a monster athletically.

i dont know that i see him with more potential than chubb but he certainly might have a higher ceiling... chubb is much safer
but davenport has some nice rush moves already - ive seen him rip, swim, use technique to bull rush as well as long arm moves and all have worked a lot

he's more refined than some physical specimens we've seen come out in recent classes

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i dont know that i see him with more potential than chubb but he certainly might have a higher ceiling... chubb is much safer
but davenport has some nice rush moves already - ive seen him rip, swim, use technique to bull rush as well as long arm moves and all have worked a lot

he's more refined than some physical specimens we've seen come out in recent classes
Ya cause hes actually spent 4 years at a college unlike others. He still need to learn how to disengage better but that will come. I think hes better than Takk Mckinley comming out last year and a better athlete

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ya cause hes actually spent 4 years at a college unlike others. He still need to learn how to disengage better but that will come. I think hes better than Takk Mckinley comming out last year and a better athlete

he's certainly way more refined and more likely to make an early impact than mckinley - not sure that he's necessarily more athletic though - but its close enough that it makes no difference

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Duke Ejiofor is really underrated as one of the better edge defenders in this draft. If we could grab him in the third he'd be the perfect long term replacement for Suggs. Really good against the run, is a solid pass rusher, one of the best hands fighters in the class, and has a high football IQ. Here's a great scouting report on him: https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...-edge-duke-ejiofor-prospects-los-angeles-rams

And a highlights video, because he's a fun guy to watch the highlights of:

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think Duke Ejiofor is really underrated as one of the better edge defenders in this draft. If we could grab him in the third he'd be the perfect long term replacement for Suggs. Really good against the run, is a solid pass rusher, one of the best hands fighters in the class, and has a high football IQ. Here's a great scouting report on him: https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...-edge-duke-ejiofor-prospects-los-angeles-rams

And a highlights video, because he's a fun guy to watch the highlights of:

Been on his hype train the whole time. I don't think Suggs is a fair comp but he could be a McPhee 2.0 with his length, strength, twitch and ++ technique.