• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pass rushers

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Although we've made a clear effort last season to give this unit a boost, we can't really say our front seven's ability to apply pressure on QBs has been dominant, even despite a decent amount of sacks. Add in the fact that Sizz won't be here long and we surely need to at least give a look at the available pass rushers in next year's draft, whether they can get pressure from inside or outside.

I'll give my opinions on a few guys I've been watching lately and meanwhile I hope you guys do the same. Let's have fun!

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
yeah, tim williams has been a horrible dissapointment. He just looks like JAG. Carl Lawson flys off the page with cinci. Bowser looks raw too. With tim williams i was hoping for immediate impact as he's 24. The FO wont say it but i think he's been their biggest disappointment so far.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
yeah, tim williams has been a horrible dissapointment. He just looks like JAG. Carl Lawson flys off the page with cinci. Bowser looks raw too. With tim williams i was hoping for immediate impact as he's 24. The FO wont say it but i think he's been their biggest disappointment so far.

I don't think he's a disappointment. I think he's not being used properly.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Williams would have 8 sacks if he was used like Lawson is. I expect a big jump in year two once it all settles. That's the FO's plan at least, even though I disagree. Tim is not a bad player by any stretch.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Williams would have 8 sacks if he was used like Lawson is. I expect a big jump in year two once it all settles. That's the FO's plan at least, even though I disagree. Tim is not a bad player by any stretch.

i do kind of wish we got someone like kamara or juju in the 2nd and then got williams and lawson in the 3rd lol - in the 3rd williams and lawson were by far the highest guys on my board when we were picking

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
i do kind of wish we got someone like kamara or juju in the 2nd and then got williams and lawson in the 3rd lol - in the 3rd williams and lawson were by far the highest guys on my board when we were picking
Hard to know if they both would've been there in the 3rd.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't think he's a disappointment. I think he's not being used properly.

Yeah. My main issue with Pees right now is that we should be putting Tim in on third downs and tell him to pin his ears back and kick ass. Not constantly mixing him in on run downs.
Dennis Pitta was 25 when we drafted him and it took him two whole years before he really did anything major for us. Give it time.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If you look at my redraft that's exactly what I did with Kupp in the second. Loved Kamara as you know but since it wasn't a need...

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kamara would make Marty's checkdown offense look amazing. Dude is amazing in open space.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tim Williams wouldn't be disappointing if he was allowed to fucking rush. He has beaten quality tackles badly without even being given the chance to chain together snaps. You can't get home and get sacks if you aren't given the chance, he isn't at the point yet where he can go in on one snap and get us a sack and go back to the bench, he's gotta be given the snaps to beat the tackle a few times and get the right situation. Pass rushing is about more than just beating your man, if the rb is there to pick you up, if the pocket slides away from you, if the qb rolls out quickly, all these things add up to make it really hard to convert pressures into sacks, and that's why he needs snaps to get home on his pressures. Sometimes the shit works out on limited snaps but a lot of time luck plays a part.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pees' misuse of Williams and Bowser aside, it's always good to pick up a potentially good passrusher. And the Ravens seem to find decent ones in the middle rounds.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I've watched a bit of Ogbonnia Okoronkwo and he looks really good. Elite first step and good strength, pretty good repertoire. He's on the small side but he looks very NFL ready. If he's available in the second he'd be a great pick up.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Pees' misuse of Williams and Bowser aside, it's always good to pick up a potentially good passrusher. And the Ravens seem to find decent ones in the middle rounds.
I’d love to know his reason on why he uses them in the way he has. Especially Williams and not using him in obvious passing downs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've gotten on board with Rahsaan Evans in the first.
Depending on where we are picking I’d be ok trad8ng back into the 2nd. I don’t think there is much difference e between latter 3rd first round to top 2/3rds of the 2nd.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I've gotten on board with Rahsaan Evans in the first.

Depending on where we are picking I’d be ok trad8ng back into the 2nd. I don’t think there is much difference e between latter 3rd first round to top 2/3rds of the 2nd.
While there are always draft day surprises and slides, at this point in time, Evans SHOULD not be there in the first round for the Ravens. If things go like they SHOULD, he SHOULD go in the top 10.