• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Discussion Thread (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Thursday Night Football:
Panthers @ Texans:
Heading into week 3, we are down to 7 undefeated teams left, and one of them is the Sam Darnold led Panthers who will ride into Houston to face Davis Mills and the Texans in his first career NFL start. Two theories are holding up, Adam Gase was the reason Sam Darnold struggled and the inevitable injury to Tyrod Taylor leading to a rookie taking over. One good thing for Mills is the Panthers will be without pass rusher Yetur Gross-Matos but Houston will not have Corner Terrance Mitchell or wide receiver Danny Amendola. Can Carolina get off to their best start since 2015 or will Davis Mills lead a surprise victory?

Sunday 1PM Games:
Washington @ Bills:
Sean McDermott reunites with Ron Rivera in this clash of former Panthers coaches as the Football team heads to Buffalo to take on the Bills. The Bills seemed to get back on track last week with a thrashing of the Dolphins, while Taylor Heinicke led a comeback against the Giants last Thursday. The Washington front four may give Josh Allen and company a head ache just like the Steelers did in week one, but the difference in quarterbacks is what will determine this game.

Bears @ Browns: Justin Fields returns to Ohio as the starter of the Chicago Bears to take on the Cleveland Browns. The Browns moved to 1-1 after a win last week over the Texans and will look to make life hard for Justin Fields in his Ohio return. Baker Mayfield says his arm is still attached but you have to wonder if it will linger throughout the season. Is Fields ready to take the Bears to the next level with a upset win over Cleveland?

Colts @ Titans: A huge divisional showdown in Nashville as the Titans, who are coming off a huge road win in Seattle host the Indianapolis Colts. Indy comes into this one banged up, the likely hood that Carson Wentz plays is not good meaning Jacob Eason could get the start on Sunday. The Titans are also hurt as multiple players missed practice due to injury concern. The winner of this one will have a leg up in a division that is seemingly the Titans' to lose.

Chargers @ Chiefs: If you need more proof that the Chargers are snake bitten, look no further than last week's flag fest against Dallas. After a close victory over Washington, they found themselves losing to Dallas in a last second field goal. The Chiefs meanwhile return home after a stunning upset loss against the Ravens. Both teams look to rebound, and an angry Chiefs team is a team I wouldn't want to face on Sunday if I'm the Chargers.

Saints @ Patriots: Is Jameis Winston really good or is the Packers defense just really bad? Winston came back down to earth following his five touchdown performance against the Packers in the loss to division rival Carolina Panthers. Now the Saints go marching toward New England where they face the Patriots. Will Jameis bounce back or will Belichick have an answer for Sean Payton and company?

Falcons @ Giants: TANK BOWL! The Falcons head to the Meadowlands to take on the Giants as both teams are looking for their first win of the season. These two teams have a lot in common, both denied their need to rebuild and passed on quarterbacks for offensive weapons thinking they can still compete. Now the Giants have gone nowhere with Saquon and the same will happen with Kyle Pitts.

Bengals @ Steelers: Injuries seem to be the theme early on this season and the Steelers are no different. Star pass rusher T.J. Watt left last week's loss with a groin injury, Devin Bush & Joe Haden are dealing with groin injuries. To top it off, Big Ben suffered a pectoral injury making his status unknown for Sunday's divisional showdown with the Bengals. It should be interesting to see how Joe Burrow and the Bengals offense take advantage of a banged up Steelers defense, and will it be Dwayne Haskins time if Ben can't go?

Cardinals @ Jaguars: Another week, more and more it seems coaching is going to ruin Trevor Lawrence. Jacksonville better figure something out quick because the Cardinals are coming to town and Lawrence is in for a rough day if Chandler Jones has his way with the offensive line. Arizona has seemingly been a surprise this year, sitting at 2-0 as Murray seems to be coming into his own and we'll have to see how they stack against the NFC West later this season. Trevor right now wishes he pulled an Eli and got the hell out of the mess in Jacksonville.

4PM Late Games:
Jets @ Broncos:
Another nice surprise this season has been Teddy Bridgewater and the Denver Broncos who have tooken advantage of a soft schedule early on. Denver looks to move to 3-0 with a win over Zach Wilson and the Jets who has has struggled early this season. Denver's defense won't make things easy on Wilson but gaining momentum before facing a tough Ravens team will be important for the Broncos.

Dolphins @ Raiders: Tua suffered fractured ribs in last week's game and will be out for several weeks, paving the way for Jacoby Brissett to be the starter on Sunday. Derek Carr had ankle issues but seems to be ready to go on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. The Raiders defense has been a pleasant surprise they look to feast on a Dolphins offense who will struggle without Tua in the lineup.

Bucs @ Rams: Perhaps a NFC Championship Preview here as Tom Brady and the Bucs head to LA to take on Matthew Stafford and the Rams. Outside Linebacker JPP missed practice once again but the Bucs seem to have confidence in rookie Joe Tryon to not miss a beat if JPP were to miss the game on Sunday. This game will have major NFC playoff seeding consequences and should be a good one to watch.

Seahawks @ Vikings:

Sunday Night Football:
Packers @ 49ers:
The Packers defense has been so-so this far, giving up five touchdowns to the Saints and even allowing the Lions to hang in there. That bodes well for Jimmy G and the 49ers who look to get a seeding advantage in this matchup. Can Aaron Rodgers lead the Pack to a win against the 49ers or will the 49ers defense be too much for Aaron and company?

Monday Night Football:
Eagles @ Cowboys:
Another primetime game, another forced NFC East matchup in primetime. I get it, they all are in big markets but there were better selections for this week.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Cleveland: Signs Tyrod Taylor, Drafts Baker Mayfield. Tyrod starts and gets hurt paving the way for Mayfield.

Chargers: Sign Tyrod Taylor, Drafts Justin Herbert. Chargers doctor punctures his lung leading to Herbert taking over.

Houston: Signs Tyrod Taylor, Drafts Davis Mills. Will history repeat itself?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
RIP CMAC Fantasy Owners.... McCaffery out the rest of the game due to a hamstring injury.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well of all the good primetime games and excellent finishes we have had, we were due a dud. Unfortunately we have another dud next week as the Joe Burrow vs Trevor Lawrence game is not what the NFL expected when they put that game on Thursday Night.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Davis Mills leads Houston down the field for the Touchdown but the Texans miss the extra point.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Another injury for the Panthers, and one that will sting. First round pick CB Jaycee Horn is down with what appears to be a foot injury.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Now Sam Darnold has done something he never did with the Jets, have back to back 300+ yard games. Add in a QB sneak to make the score 24-7. The Adam Gase effect ladies and gentlemen.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Culley seems like an all around nice guy but did he learn nothing from the analytical studies he had available to him in Baltimore and the way they helped us win games...

I can only imagine harbs and Lamar getting hyped about that 4th down call against Seattle and in the background David Culley going “Noooooo”

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm really glad that Teddy Bridgewater is doing well through 3 weeks

I really liked him coming out of Louisville and then he did pretty ok in his first year and then the injury and to come back from that horrific near career-ender and then work his way back and then being branded a journeyman type

and now seemingly thriving

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Stafford to DeSean Jackson.... TD! The Rams may very well be the number one seed in the NFC. Glad to see Stafford playing for a better team and getting the success he deserved to have. I was pretty sure Stafford was on his way to being this generations Dan Marino but now he has a shot at a ring.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Given that Tua is out, I'm quite surprised Miami has kept the game close against the Raiders. Their defense has played well too but just thought it was going to be a blowout.

I'm also surprised Minnesota is leading against Seattle, this season is going to be one of the craziest starts to a season in recent memory.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Given that Tua is out, I'm quite surprised Miami has kept the game close against the Raiders. Their defense has played well too but just thought it was going to be a blowout.

I'm also surprised Minnesota is leading against Seattle, this season is going to be one of the craziest starts to a season in recent memory.

Dolphins have done well but Raiders look really good - leaves me gutted that we couldn't hold on and sneak that win - with how the raiders are playing that could be a really valuable head to head loss unfortunately