• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Calvin Pryor

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
We should give him a look these last two games going into the playoffs. Jefferson has not looked good all season and Weddle has one year left on his contract. He's someone who can bring the toughness back in our defense. Something that has been missing since 2012 season.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
According to PFF Jefferson has actually been playing well lately. Pryor has been shunnes from 2 teams and one of those were the Browns.

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
yes they were awful when he arrived - which is telling because even they didnt think he was good enough to keep - nor did the browns... that should tell you all you need to know about pryor
So now we are agreeing with the browns evaluation of a player? You right, that tells me all I need to know. He went from a bad team (Jets) to an even worst team (Browns) . Two organizations that don't know what the hell they are doing.

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
According to PFF Jefferson has actually been playing well lately. Pryor has been shunnes from 2 teams and one of those were the Browns.
Everybody wants to jump all over Carr for the Steelers game but Jefferson has given up more touchdowns than everyone in our secondary. Nobody wants to play for the browns. I guess that linebacker Collins who played for the patriots traded to Cleveland can't play anymore neither.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Everybody wants to jump all over Carr for the Steelers game but Jefferson has given up more touchdowns than everyone in our secondary. Nobody wants to play for the browns. I guess that linebacker Collins who played for the patriots traded to Cleveland can't play anymore neither.

Collins was traded because they weren't going to pay him. Nothing to do with his play.

I just don't think it would be smart to add a player who's had problems on multiple teams when we're actually starting to click as a unit. In the middle of a playoff run with a complex scheme wouldn't do him much good either.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So now we are agreeing with the browns evaluation of a player? You right, that tells me all I need to know. He went from a bad team (Jets) to an even worst team (Browns) . Two organizations that don't know what the hell they are doing.

and if we bring calvin pryor into the building we will join the browns and jets as an organisation that doesnt know what the hell its doing...
if you dont trust those teams' evaluations then just go and watch film of him trying to play in the nfl and then come back and tell me he's an nfl player

redrum52

Hall of Famer
and if we bring calvin pryor into the building we will join the browns and jets as an organisation that doesnt know what the hell its doing...
if you dont trust those teams' evaluations then just go and watch film of him trying to play in the nfl and then come back and tell me he's an nfl player

Matt Elam aspires to be as good as Pryor. Watch it.

Tru11

Practice Squad
no tnx

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
Most safeties do one of the other well (tackle or cover). Only a few can do both. He can tackle. Jefferson does nothing well. Can't tackle or cover. Weddle was more of a cover safety but he's older now and lost a step. I never said was great but the two placing he's been are garbage.

Most safeties do one of the other well (tackle or cover). Only a few can do both. He can tackle. Jefferson does nothing well. Can't tackle or cover. Weddle was more of a cover safety but he's older now and lost a step. I never said was great but the two placing he's been are garbage.
Sucks that you guys lost Jimmy Smith. Can you imagine if he was still out there I think for sure you guys could make a run to the SB. I still think you can though hopefully Flacco shows up in the playoffs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

calvin pryor is also garbage and he belonged in those garbage franchises - he cant tackle, cover or read a playbook and he's not good at special teams so he's inherently useless in the NFL and there's a reason he's not on a roster

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
calvin pryor is also garbage and he belonged in those garbage franchises - he cant tackle, cover or read a playbook and he's not good at special teams so he's inherently useless in the NFL and there's a reason he's not on a roster
I'd rather take Matt Elam back.