• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Calvin Pryor

Purple&Black#20

Practice Squad
yep i agree id rather matt elam (drugs charges and all) than pryor - because at least elam wouldnt take up a roster spot because hed be on the suspension list
That's why you both make no since. We couldn't of traded Matt Elam sorry ass away if we wanted to because no one wanted him. With Calvin being traded to another team they had to see some potential dummies!! That's the stupidest shit ever to say you would rather Elam.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's why you both make no since. We couldn't of traded Matt Elam sorry ass away if we wanted to because no one wanted him. With Calvin being traded to another team they had to see some potential dummies!! That's the stupidest shit ever to say you would rather Elam.

they traded him because they saw potential - then they cut him because he was garbage
and now you are saying that you trust those teams' evaluations... after accusing us of the same thing...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
According to PFF Jefferson has actually been playing well lately. Pryor has been shunnes from 2 teams and one of those were the Browns.
Yes, I read that as well. Supposedly a much bigger adjustment than anyone realized due to the change in scheme. He’s been very good against the run.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
So now we are agreeing with the browns evaluation of a player? You right, that tells me all I need to know. He went from a bad team (Jets) to an even worst team (Browns) . Two organizations that don't know what the hell they are doing.
In that respect, however, it should be noted that he was just released by the Jaguars, whom not only have a top-tier defense, but also have three recently-signed starting DBs who have performed very well in A.J. Bouye, Tashaun Gipson and Barry Church; so they've shown that they're capable of singing DBs that make good on their talents. Now I personally don't see a player's release or trade to always be a paralleled indication of their actual value, and perhaps Pryor is able to have some success moving forward. But if we're mentioning his past destinations and praising or denouncing the decisions based on the regimes, it should only be fair that we include the most current example as well.

Tony Jefferson is starting to take way too much heat. I understand just as much as anyone here that he hasn't been the super-star safety that we hoped for, Ala Kam Chancellor but he's been pretty good and even solid. Is he perfect? No, but going back to the film I think I myself judged him a little too harsh. Sometimes you need to look at the alignments and where the coverage is supposed to be at.

Early on in the season, he was missing tackles, coverage responsibilities and had a bit of issues against the run, but he's made big improvements now. I think in terms of the run game, he's not the biggest liability, I have to look at the play of the 2nd and 3rd level players around him who have given up big runs and have been a bigger liability.

And FWIW, Calvin Pryor honestly would be a severe downgrade.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
and if we bring calvin pryor into the building we will join the browns and jets as an organisation that doesnt know what the hell its doing...
if you dont trust those teams' evaluations then just go and watch film of him trying to play in the nfl and then come back and tell me he's an nfl player

How much did we pay Jefferson??

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
he is not as good as people on here and the media made him out to be when we got him neither. Wish we wouldve gotten a versatile S.
To be fair, he was outstanding on tape last season. Part of the issue has innately been in his usage. It has been categorically versatile, more than you'd prefer at times even. Of his 944 snaps, he's played 466 at FS alone. 107 have come at slot corner, when he was directly lined up against a WR or slot TE, and over a dozen at either LCB or RCB. That's 588, which is 62.3% of his overall usage. You look at a player like Kam Chancellor, and he's statistically played the majority of his snaps at either LB, on the edge or at SS this season. So there has been a tough learning curve for Jefferson. It doesn't completely write off his early season struggles, but it's worth noting.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
According to PFF Jefferson has actually been playing well lately. Pryor has been shunnes from 2 teams and one of those were the Browns.
Jefferson had a fair share of assignment lapses earlier in the year, but it seems he's been asked to play a lot more close-intermediate snaps and he has done very well there recently, leveon bell folded his ass up multiple times but bell is a total freak and Jefferson did enough for the most part to get him down. Aside from his tackling attempts vs Bell he's had a pretty solid 2nd half.

I think he's been very disappointing considering the deal he got, but I think he's gonna be a big part of our future and show why we gave him that deal

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Jefferson had a fair share of assignment lapses earlier in the year, but it seems he's been asked to play a lot more close-intermediate snaps and he has done very well there recently, leveon bell folded his ass up multiple times but bell is a total freak and Jefferson did enough for the most part to get him down. Aside from his tackling attempts vs Bell he's had a pretty solid 2nd half.

I think he's been very disappointing considering the deal he got, but I think he's gonna be a big part of our future and show why we gave him that deal
I think his role has changed a lot here and has been asked to do more in the box and without that #2 ILB our defense is getting burned. I miss Zach Orr I understand people think most his tackles were because of CJ which is true, but nobody can deny he is definitely better than Peanut and Correa. I feel like those intermediate routes were shut down last season and this season that is where we are getting burned consistently. CJ has always had a harder time in coverage and fixed a lot of that up last year and was doing so early on but with his injury he definitely has not been hitting players as hard or getting places as fast.

he is not as good as people on here and the media made him out to be when we got him neither. Wish we wouldve gotten a versatile S.
Don't think he was that bad either. Has it been a disappointing signing? Sure, considering his contract but he was a stud in Arizona and deserved the pay-day. I don't think he's as bad as some make him out to be and I don't think the run success teams have had falls on his shoulders more then it does on Weddle.