• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 4 Baltimore Ravens @ Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
When healthy, our weapons are in fact better than KC.. they legit only have 2 guys.. i wouldnt trade our rbs, TE and wrs for KC weapons at all.. i think people should move away from the “ mahommes has best weapons” cause thats never been true.. yea andy reid is one of the goats but we have to stop pretending that pat isnt the one making most of this happen.

they've got mecole hardman and clyde edwards-helaire... a 2nd round pick and a 1st round pick

we've added sammy watkins (who was tbf ahead of hardman on the depth chart when healthy) and we just drafted a 1st round WR who's not touched the field yet

but basically what you're saying is that sammy watkins, duvernay and proche are dramatically better than mecole hardman, clyde edwards-helaire, demarcus robinson and byron pringle...

there's certainly a dropoff for them in talent behind hill and kelce... but the ravens have a dropoff after hollywood, andrews and watkins...

but it's definitely true that now that the KC weapons do not obliterate all-comers - the Bills 3x1 set is probably the most deadly passing group in the sport right now, the bucs have crazy weapons and many more teams have better weapons for sure... but also worth noting that the chiefs have also had a bit of a rough start (by their standards) and mahomes has underperformed vs his prior september level of play

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
they've got mecole hardman and clyde edwards-helaire... a 2nd round pick and a 1st round pick

we've added sammy watkins (who was tbf ahead of hardman on the depth chart when healthy) and we just drafted a 1st round WR who's not touched the field yet

but basically what you're saying is that sammy watkins, duvernay and proche are dramatically better than mecole hardman, clyde edwards-helaire, demarcus robinson and byron pringle...

there's certainly a dropoff for them in talent behind hill and kelce... but the ravens have a dropoff after hollywood, andrews and watkins...

but it's definitely true that now that the KC weapons do not obliterate all-comers - the Bills 3x1 set is probably the most deadly passing group in the sport right now, the bucs have crazy weapons and many more teams have better weapons for sure... but also worth noting that the chiefs have also had a bit of a rough start (by their standards) and mahomes has underperformed vs his prior september level of play
because he is a 2nd and 1st rnd pick, it doesnt mean theyre good in any way cause hardman cant get open to save his life. bateman hasnt touched the field yet and i know he is better than hardman.. even when watkins played for kc, i never thought they had the best weapons.. we just need to give the man his props and stop claiming that he has the best weapons because he dont at all.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
because he is a 2nd and 1st rnd pick, it doesnt mean theyre good in any way cause hardman cant get open to save his life. bateman hasnt touched the field yet and i know he is better than hardman.. even when watkins played for kc, i never thought they had the best weapons.. we just need to give the man his props and stop claiming that he has the best weapons because he dont at all.

well if you thought watkins wasnt good in KC why do you think he's good in Baltimore... his play has been about the same in both places...

and Hardman's not an amazing receiver but he's very similar to Duvernay but with more schematic help in his career so far

and while i agree that bateman's better than hardman, we havent actually seen that yet

but the 2020 chiefs season opening group was unreal: Best WR in the league in Tyreek Hill, Best TE in the league in Travis Kelce, Playoff superstar Sammy Watkins, Athlete Mecole Hardman, Athlete Demarcus Robinson and 1st round RB with legit 3rd down ability

it didnt come together but the amount of talent and athleticism they had was ridiculous - maybe only Tampa Bay at that point would have argued they could match that firepower

that's not me saying Mahomes isn't amazing because he is but it's ridiculous to argue he hasnt had the help of unreal talent

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I love that Proche and Duvernay - the AY, we have to give you some targets-guys - are contributing meaningfully. To me, that's a big win this week. I hope they continue to spread the ball around to these guys. They are getting open and are closing on getting the second and third look spots if they keep catching the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.