• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chargers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Finally back to 1pm.

If I'm recalling correctly, I think this is Lamar's first chance at revenge since the Chargers dumped us out of the playoffs in 2018.

The Chargers I think also were one of the teams driving the Lamar to WR narrative coming out.

Many reasons for Lamar and the Ravens to be very very motivated for this one.

Chargers are the best team the Ravens have faced so far this year - they can't afford to be lethargic early like they have been in recent weeks. And certainly can't afford to not convert in the redzone (and definitely can't cough the ball up).

This is an early battle between 2 potential MVP candidates.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the D plays like last night , Lamar will have to put up 40 points .
It was a disgraceful defensive performance after a pretty good one against Denver.

Wentz has never thrown for more yards in a game in his life. Just pathetic.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hopefully the defense can play better and Lamar just has to play a solid game to win, not an insane game. If we can win this game then damn

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have a feeling the defense is gonna make adjustments and step up this week. I think harbaugh is gonna be in winks ear maybe telling him to run a more conventional defense with a lot more cover 2 but keep the disguised looks. The ravens got ran all over and it showed as the game went on, they were getting blasted off the ball and I’m not entirely sure the chargers can play like that.

lets hope averett gets back to form, let’s hope queen can just make like a 10% improvement, every little bit helps after what we saw last night.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a feeling the defense is gonna make adjustments and step up this week. I think harbaugh is gonna be in winks ear maybe telling him to run a more conventional defense with a lot more cover 2 but keep the disguised looks. The ravens got ran all over and it showed as the game went on, they were getting blasted off the ball and I’m not entirely sure the chargers can play like that.

lets hope averett gets back to form, let’s hope queen can just make like a 10% improvement, every little bit helps after what we saw last night.

The big defensive problem is that the middle of the field basically a free 15 yards and teams are exploiting that. I have not seen one player drag down a defense this much since 2014 (curse you Tom Brady).

rossihunter2

Staff Member

so colts got away with a lot of this this week - chargers screen game has been excellent with ekeler - going to have to 1) point this out to the nfl and refs pre-game and 2) work out how to defend screens better again - we were getting pretty good stopping screens last year with bowser and judon and queen and chuck etc. now seem completely useless again

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So they really giving Romo-Nantz to Cowboys/Patriots over our game? I mean we couldn't even get Kevin Harlan & Trent Green who is stuck watching a terrible game in London between Miami & Jacksonville. Nope not even Ian Eagle and Charles Davis either... but Greg Gumbel & Adam Archuleta.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So they really giving Romo-Nantz to Cowboys/Patriots over our game? I mean we couldn't even get Kevin Harlan & Trent Green who is stuck watching a terrible game in London between Miami & Jacksonville. Nope not even Ian Eagle and Charles Davis either... but Greg Gumbel & Adam Archuleta.

really? again?

why are they giving us the worst/2nd worst CBS crew again? for probably the game of the week...
ridiculous

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Money money money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ew fuck

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

A 10 % improvement would be just 10 %