• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chargers

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I have a feeling the defense is gonna make adjustments and step up this week. I think harbaugh is gonna be in winks ear maybe telling him to run a more conventional defense with a lot more cover 2 but keep the disguised looks. The ravens got ran all over and it showed as the game went on, they were getting blasted off the ball and I’m not entirely sure the chargers can play like that.

lets hope averett gets back to form, let’s hope queen can just make like a 10% improvement, every little bit helps after what we saw last night.

Before the MNF game I was worried about Averett on Williams/Allen. I'm hoping last night was the team looking ahead to next week and we get a win against a very good squad.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m flying to Va this week for work . Figured I snag some tickets while
I’m in town. Anyone else going ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So they really giving Romo-Nantz to Cowboys/Patriots over our game? I mean we couldn't even get Kevin Harlan & Trent Green who is stuck watching a terrible game in London between Miami & Jacksonville. Nope not even Ian Eagle and Charles Davis either... but Greg Gumbel & Adam Archuleta.
Seriously, awful Gumbel and the worst former safety. Wonderful

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
he just went on i/r so he'll be out a minimum of 3 weeks but the suggestion from that tweet would be that it's not season ending
I am confused about the new I/r vs the old injured reserve? I know there is a 3 week one now and still a year ender - are they called something different or how do you know the designation?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I am confused about the new I/r vs the old injured reserve? I know there is a 3 week one now and still a year ender - are they called something different or how do you know the designation?

no such thing as "season ending i/r" anymore - anyone can return as long as they're on the injury list for at least 3 weeks

those with season enders and those with short term injuries are all on the same list - its just that those with season enders wont come off the list...

no such thing as "season ending i/r" anymore - anyone can return as long as they're on the injury list for at least 3 weeks

those with season enders and those with short term injuries are all on the same list - its just that those with season enders wont come off the list...

Isn't there a season ending designation if it's prior to the season commencement?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Isn't there a season ending designation if it's prior to the season commencement?

yes before the initial 53 there's a season ending I/R but again you can't choose which one you go on - if you go on pre-initial 53 you're on season ending i/r no matter what your injury and if you're on the post-53 I/R then you're on the potential DTR I/R list

but I don't think there's a different designation between the 2 lists

Simba

Staff Member
yes before the initial 53 there's a season ending I/R but again you can't choose which one you go on - if you go on pre-initial 53 you're on season ending i/r no matter what your injury and if you're on the post-53 I/R then you're on the potential DTR I/R list

but I don't think there's a different designation between the 2 lists

Only potential caveat is that they may have to do an internal designation, although it isn't publicly announced. Just thinking back to last year when we had to cut RG3 and Davontae Harris because they were both designated to return but never did. Not sure if that rule transferred over this year or not, and likely wouldn't know until after the season anyways.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Only potential caveat is that they may have to do an internal designation, although it isn't publicly announced. Just thinking back to last year when we had to cut RG3 and Davontae Harris because they were both designated to return but never did. Not sure if that rule transferred over this year or not, and likely wouldn't know until after the season anyways.

wasnt that only after they were designated to return though so they could start practicing?
or am i misunderstanding?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
So they really giving Romo-Nantz to Cowboys/Patriots over our game? I mean we couldn't even get Kevin Harlan & Trent Green who is stuck watching a terrible game in London between Miami & Jacksonville. Nope not even Ian Eagle and Charles Davis either... but Greg Gumbel & Adam Archuleta.

Fuck CBS!!!

When's the last time we got Harlan? I'd love to hear that dude announce every Ravens game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The rushing attack issue i dont think is an issue of running backs right now tbh - the more i watch the more i see a complete lack of movement upfront and not many blocks in L2

makes me think its more likely we maybe see Tyre if he's ready even with the lack of depth at tackle

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
especially this year - my word...
imagine if he'd got to call tucker's 66 yarder or the broncos deep ball to hollywood

sometimes i go and watch old hollywood oklahoma highlights and it gives me chills when gus makes those calls
Gus puts too much sauce on Hollywood’s commentary, he did the same for dobbins, shit was legendary, love watching their college reels because that dude is constantly going off for those 2

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I think lamar's back was still bothering him against the colts - was more hesitant to take off and you could see he wasnt accelerating away from guys like he normally would
Yeah you can see that he seemed slow to OUR standards but still mobile enough.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Before the MNF game I was worried about Averett on Williams/Allen. I'm hoping last night was the team looking ahead to next week and we get a win against a very good squad.
Something tells me he has a huge rebound against one of those two

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think lamar's back was still bothering him against the colts - was more hesitant to take off and you could see he wasnt accelerating away from guys like he normally would
I swear I think this started from his flip. Can’t convince me otherwise, you just don’t land like that and have no issues at all