• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Bad, The Ugly - Chargers Edition

rossihunter2

Staff Member
All 3 phases dominated but the defence probably most noteworthy given the way they clamped the chargers after what Wentz and the Colts did on Monday.

The secondary was magnificent.

Deshon Elliott was huge on his return.
Brandon Stephens is really starting to come into his own.
Humphrey was great. Averett was great. Tavon was great. Jimmy was great.

Josh Bynes I think just established himself as a starter - and I wonder if his calming and veteran influence was partly why Queen seemed to play better too.

The running game finally got back into form. Part of that will be related to how the Chargers defend schematically but Pat Ricard probably had his best game of the year and the OL was blocking well.

And special teams owned too. Nice coverage and a couple of nice returns for Duvernay.

Feels weird saying this in a blowout against an AFC contender but we left too many points on the field with a couple of poor throws in the 1st half, and a few missed opportunities too.

To think we were this dominant on an "off" day for Lamar. Nice to have a relaxing Sunday afternoon for once.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
All 3 phases dominated but the defence probably most noteworthy given the way they clamped the chargers after what Wentz and the Colts did on Monday.

The secondary was magnificent.

Deshon Elliott was huge on his return.
Brandon Stephens is really starting to come into his own.
Humphrey was great. Averett was great. Tavon was great. Jimmy was great.

Josh Bynes I think just established himself as a starter - and I wonder if his calming and veteran influence was partly why Queen seemed to play better too.

The running game finally got back into form. Part of that will be related to how the Chargers defend schematically but Pat Ricard probably had his best game of the year and the OL was blocking well.

And special teams owned too. Nice coverage and a couple of nice returns for Duvernay.

Feels weird saying this in a blowout against an AFC contender but we left too many points on the field with a couple of poor throws in the 1st half, and a few missed opportunities too.

To think we were this dominant on an "off" day for Lamar. Nice to have a relaxing Sunday afternoon for once.

Well said!! Do we know anything about Bozeman or Murray?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Freeman keeps showing more and more why The Ravens are keeping him around. I think The Ravens may need to trade for a running back though but this was a great game.

They probably do not have the cap room for that. I think they just elevate Williams if they need to while waiting for their players to finally get healthy.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
  • Great team win today. The defense played its best game of the season and we got back to running the football on offense. Just a solid all-around performance.
  • Bateman had a good debut despite the bad drop near the end of the game. Can't wait to see this offense with a full, healthy WR group.
  • Tackling was MUCH better today. Guys were wrapping up and swarming to the ball which was nice to see.
  • Joker was all over the field making plays. I know some people question our safety play *cough*Deebo*cough*, but Joker and Clark were making plays all afternoon.
  • As Rossi already said, we actually left a fair amount of points off the board today despite dominating. This team is really starting to build something special this season and I don't think we've seen our best yet.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Freeman keeps showing more and more why The Ravens are keeping him around. I think The Ravens may need to trade for a running back though but this was a great game.

Freeman was awesome today. He had some really nice cuts and was making the Chargers' defenders miss. I think our RBs are finally starting to get comfortable in the offense and it's starting to finally show on the field.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The best part of this blowout win is silencing the crybaby Chargers fans who thought they would win in a blowout. Their forum was filled with overconfidence in an easy win.

LOL.

I think the Ravens finally figured Herbert out today. I think they gave the NFL a blueprint to stop him from now on.

No of course not, imagine such a ridiculous narrative for a young QB. Shame that MVP candidate I've heard so much about couldn't play today though.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
That was my first time watching Herbert in a full game and not just recaps. There was not a lot to be excited about there. Wonder if it was juwt truly a weird off day for him and their whole team.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nice game! Haven’t been around much to post but have lurked but what a statement win today. I think the team looks great and honestly feel good about the defense today after going against what was considered a top offense and top young QB. I think the tough and close wins have helped this team gain some grit they will need to have later in the year when it comes to playoff time.

Oh yeah! That no call on the late hit on Lamar when out of bounds was BS!

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
juego atípico donde se junta el excelente de uno con el malo del otro equipo.
se ganó con el ataque, atacamos su punto débil (defender la carrera y su punto fuerte, su qb) y dió resultado.
impensado el 5-1 pero muy agradable.
hoy, un buen partido de Queen (lo nombro a él porque viene golpeado con las críticas), sin dudas Bynes le quitó presión dentro del campo.

atypical game where the excellent of one meets the bad of the other team.
he won with the attack, we attacked his weak point (defending the race and his strong point, his qb) and it paid off.
5-1 unthinkable but very nice.
Today, a good game from Queen (I name him because he is hit with criticism), without a doubt Bynes took pressure off him on the field.