• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Bad, The Ugly - Chargers Edition

Absolutely. I can recall the difference between my high school and Rec coaches, my high school coaches were just dickheads, not motivational at all and very little football knowledge except for one(who ended up coaching at WVU), they did nothing for me or any of my teammates with pre game talk. But man, my Rec league coach, that dude made me the football lunatic that I am today, he had a great mind for football and was a natural leader of men, he was cool as shit and he taught me very well and he made me wanna knock mfs into the bleachers with his pregame and sideline talk, he gave the whole team a serious swagger with it, it was very noticeable.

that stuff absolutely makes a difference to young and impressionable players. To this day I consider myself very lucky to have had a coach like that to start out with.
I had a rugby coach who specifically made us pair up and dump tackle (ie lift and drive into the ground back-first) each other 5 times before games to get us in the zone. It meant I started the game with a tweaked neck and in a bad mood, so I guess it kinda worked but it was fucking stupid because I was playing injured before the game even kicked off.

But then, these were the coaches who asked me to play when I turned up to watch my teammates literally limping on a bad ankle. I played the full game at full back (normally play 8) while hobbling about on one leg, with the advice to "kick it in to touch" if I got the ball instead of taking contact. I think I just had dumbass coaches.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mate I had to tone down my pre game rev up speeches to my son's under 6 soccer team after they came out a little too fired up. Apparently telling 5 years olds they are about to go to war is frowned upon these days, soft.

Not sure if you watch Ted Lasso or not, but I'm envisioning you like Roy Kent coaching his niece's soccer team lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I had a rugby coach who specifically made us pair up and dump tackle (ie lift and drive into the ground back-first) each other 5 times before games to get us in the zone. It meant I started the game with a tweaked neck and in a bad mood, so I guess it kinda worked but it was fucking stupid because I was playing injured before the game even kicked off.

But then, these were the coaches who asked me to play when I turned up to watch my teammates literally limping on a bad ankle. I played the full game at full back (normally play 8) while hobbling about on one leg, with the advice to "kick it in to touch" if I got the ball instead of taking contact. I think I just had [profanity deleted] coaches.

Yep those are shit coaches lol
We used to hit bags just before we played but we weren’t dump tackling practicing before games lol...

one time as an adult before a game we did a contact drill before we started and the captain got knocked out and concussed lol

Stupid...