• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bye Week

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Super important bye week to get healthier and maybe rethink what this team's identity is on both sides of the ball.

Feels like we've been philosophically winging it and too much has been left on Lamar to come up with miracles on offence and the blitz pressure system has not been working on defence.

Big week for the coaching staff to go through the film and establish what it is we're going to coalesce around as our identity on both sides of the ball.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Normally I’d say use the bye week to get healthy but all of our important injuries are season enders

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Normally I’d say use the bye week to get healthy but all of our important injuries are season enders

Lol right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
EDC better be working the phones.

Yeah I think if we pick up anyone it's going to be cheap and depth. Unless of course we restructure and push the money down the road. That's never been our style though

Simba

Staff Member
Mentioned it in the other thread as well, but this loss before a bye usually results in some roster shuffling. Not that anyone out there is some significant upgrade at this point but I think we're starting to see some of the weak spots (i.e. RB). The throwback Thursday crew isn't getting anything done.

Simba

Staff Member
who'd have thought we'd miss Latavius Murray's <4ypc...

Exactly. Think Murray and to a lesser extent Freeman are the only guys with value right now. Murray is the only “must” keep. I’d be okay with an upheaval at the position. Not saying there’s a better answer but I think we know this group is not at the very least.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Exactly. Think Murray and to a lesser extent Freeman are the only guys with value right now. Murray is the only “must” keep. I’d be okay with an upheaval at the position. Not saying there’s a better answer but I think we know this group is not at the very least.

not even sure where else we could even look - mcrary on the PS really the only other option - at least he's got some athleticism to him but idk that that's enough to make it worthwhile

but if we were gonna do that - this bye week would be the time just like in 2018 when lamar took over and Gus Edwards also took over out of nowhere

Simba

Staff Member
not even sure where else we could even look - mcrary on the PS really the only other option - at least he's got some athleticism to him but idk that that's enough to make it worthwhile

but if we were gonna do that - this bye week would be the time just like in 2018 when lamar took over and Gus Edwards also took over out of nowhere

I'd comb through some practice squads and hope there's someone with a least some explosion out there. These current guys just aren't going to cut it.

Simba

Staff Member
i genuinely thought bell had something - but without Murray in front of him it was starkly obvious that he has zero explosion (i thought he had a little juice left at least in short areas)

Yeah there's just no juice left there. Felt like I was watching the game in slow motion.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
If we don’t trade for something we’ve conceded the season

Decosta wants to win, but he is a realist. Even if we could, adding one solid player at any position of need will not be the missing link to solidify this team. I think we're going to ride out the storm and hope for the best

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If we don’t trade for something we’ve conceded the season

Here's the problem, we don't have any money. And worse yet, we're not one player away. If expect some cuts abd some PS snatching, it conditional 7th trades, but you're not going to see anything substantial

redrum52

Hall of Famer
i genuinely thought bell had something - but without Murray in front of him it was starkly obvious that he has zero explosion (i thought he had a little juice left at least in short areas)

I said the explosion looked gone from that workout vid before we signed him. Not surprised by what I see now.