• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bye Week

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Speculation and “reports” have come from Cole Jackson over at RSR. Not the most reliable source but has some nuggets of information at times. For what it’s worth, I’d have a hard time believing that he’s been able to find out when all sides have been so radio silent on Stanley. Even the national media had nothing other than he’d be trying to rehab earlier this season.

jackson’s also not a local beat writer - there’s no reason he should or would have that info

he’s a good OL analyst with a ravens focus but he lives in Canada and from what I can tell has never been at the castle...

so if this has all come from people taking Cole’s speculation as fact then it’s really worthless lol

Simba

Staff Member
jackson’s also not a local beat writer - there’s no reason he should or would have that info

he’s a good OL analyst with a ravens focus but he lives in Canada and from what I can tell has never been at the castle...

so if this has all come from people taking Cole’s speculation as fact then it’s really worthless lol

He does have some “connections” but I don’t believe they’re anyone that would be in the know on something like that.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Flacco about to earn that contract today

nvm... what the hell number is he wearing these days?

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The colts win is looking better and better. Wentz has really picked up his game lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
The Brownies crack me up. Lol. Tee Higgins beginning his route on two instead of three! Looks like they are back to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. lol.

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
rySGQH1.gif

D1City55

Pro Bowler
This is massive since the Bengals not only blew a game against the Jets(Who are terrible) but also lost to an AFC opponent. That will help down the line.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, we won the bye week. Can’t believe the Bengals let the Jets put up 34, and the Bengals got two lucky interceptions too!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
What's the problem here exactly? From the video, it looks like they're using the fact that tackles respect Oweh to get free rushers. Every clip was a pressure/sack/int. I can't imagine he's getting zero pass rush reps, so if it works then I don't really get the problem. If the defence makes plays, it doesn't matter whether Oweh makes them himself or does his job within the system, does it?
Seems like they don’t want Oweh lining up as a 3 technique, and would rather have him line up against the tackles to go after the QB

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Not if they have a better division record, which they currently do
We have to take care of business against Pittsburgh and Cleveland for sure, but this definitely helps if we finish with the same win-loss tie. The Bengals play against the Raiders this season and they still have the Chargers and Cheifs; if they lose any one of those 3 this will further help us. Yes, we have to get them back at their home but this helped in a big way.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seems like they don’t want Oweh lining up as a 3 technique, and would rather have him line up against the tackles to go after the QB
Almost seems like wink is becoming a problem. He’s a mad scientist at times but he also fucks himself and the team way too often with the stubbornness of his scheme. Perfect harbaugh coordinator lol

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Almost seems like wink is becoming a problem. He’s a mad scientist at times but he also fucks himself and the team way too often with the stubbornness of his scheme. Perfect harbaugh coordinator lol
There is for sure a correlation between his blitz tendencies and the amount of big plays and 400 yard passers we’re allowing. Like many have observed, the scheme is successful when you can trust your CBs to lockdown their WRs in single coverage, but this year Humphrey is struggling a little and Peters is gone.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
There is for sure a correlation between his blitz tendencies and the amount of big plays and 400 yard passers we’re allowing. Like many have observed, the scheme is successful when you can trust your CBs to lockdown their WRs in single coverage, but this year Humphrey is struggling a little and Peters is gone.
Seems like by halftime the offenses have figured out enough tells and signs to counter our shit easily. The Humphrey thing was the case in the bengals game but the rest of the year it’s been screens and easy hot reads straight to the vacated space left by whatever LB/S blitzed. Teams are picking up seams and screens so easy against this defense it’s scary, and it falls almost entirely on scheming, and it mostly seems to come after our defense looks dominant for multiple series, then suddenly we can’t stop shit, it’s because once an offense adjusts to us we keep trying the same shit and the results are hideous

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Seems like by halftime the offenses have figured out enough tells and signs to counter our shit easily. The Humphrey thing was the case in the bengals game but the rest of the year it’s been screens and easy hot reads straight to the vacated space left by whatever LB/S blitzed. Teams are picking up seams and screens so easy against this defense it’s scary, and it falls almost entirely on scheming, and it mostly seems to come after our defense looks dominant for multiple series, then suddenly we can’t stop shit, it’s because once an offense adjusts to us we keep trying the same shit and the results are hideous
I do agree that Wink needs to do better adjusting, he also needs to dial back on the blitz a little and sometimes let guys rush with their hands instead of trying to do too much deceptive coverages. I don't know why you would send an extra rusher on Johnathan Taylor's screen pass that went for a TD, I feel like if we had one more guy in coverage then maybe we would have stopped that play. It was terrible angle and pursuit but still, it's 3rd and 15, you have to feel like a screen is coming.

That said the secondary completely dropped the ball last game and I can't get too mad at Wink for how horrible they played. I don't know why four guys decided to converge on Boyd on Uzomah's Touchdown. On Boyd's 25 yard reception they were in a dime set and only sent four, it looked like cover 2 but I'll have to watch the tape again, Boyd ran free up the seam with no one covering him. Elliot launching himself like a missile also didn't help, pretty much caused Jamarr Chase to break Marlon's tackle and actually made Marlon looked worse than he actually played.

At this point we'll have to live and die by Wink's deceptive blitz's, I agree he's got to do a better job adjusting but right now poor tackling in the secondary and lack of back end communication will kill this defense. Also a lack of a reliable four man rush is starting to become a problem, might as well send 3 because Brandon Williams is not getting pressure to save his soul and neither is Madabuike who I'm honestly a little disappointed with this year.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I do agree that Wink needs to do better adjusting, he also needs to dial back on the blitz a little and sometimes let guys rush with their hands instead of trying to do too much deceptive coverages. I don't know why you would send an extra rusher on Johnathan Taylor's screen pass that went for a TD, I feel like if we had one more guy in coverage then maybe we would have stopped that play. It was terrible angle and pursuit but still, it's 3rd and 15, you have to feel like a screen is coming.

That said the secondary completely dropped the ball last game and I can't get too mad at Wink for how horrible they played. I don't know why four guys decided to converge on Boyd on Uzomah's Touchdown. On Boyd's 25 yard reception they were in a dime set and only sent four, it looked like cover 2 but I'll have to watch the tape again, Boyd ran free up the seam with no one covering him. Elliot launching himself like a missile also didn't help, pretty much caused Jamarr Chase to break Marlon's tackle and actually made Marlon looked worse than he actually played.

At this point we'll have to live and die by Wink's deceptive blitz's, I agree he's got to do a better job adjusting but right now poor tackling in the secondary and lack of back end communication will kill this defense. Also a lack of a reliable four man rush is starting to become a problem, might as well send 3 because Brandon Williams is not getting pressure to save his soul and neither is Madabuike who I'm honestly a little disappointed with this year.
That play where everyone broke on the wrong shit was just great play design really, along with miscommunication but mostly it was that the bengals put a play on film, the ravens bit on it hard thinking they all had a game changing play, and the bengals knew it was coming and toasted us, they played chess we played checkers.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
That play where everyone broke on the wrong shit was just great play design really, along with miscommunication but mostly it was that the bengals put a play on film, the ravens bit on it hard thinking they all had a game changing play, and the bengals knew it was coming and toasted us, they played chess we played checkers.
I wonder how much of this shit will have people second guessing their own asses.