• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Colt McCoy led Cardinals are going to beat the 49ers.

Jordan Love getting Green Bay on the board. Chiefs lead 13-7.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wow..... Mahomes gets one first down to seal the game and the media is all over him saying he's back! Disgusting, just discount the fact he hasn't played well all season and barely won against a Daniel Jones Giants team and barely won against Jordan Love.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man wtf is wrong with mahommes.. like he doesnt even look accurate anymore.. looks all jittery. Is he trying to do too much or what

he's not a patient QB - he loves big plays, that offence lives on them and has historically had the tackles and defensive looks to be able to do it
they're not built to dink and dunk and run their way downfield and they routinely get in their own way when they attempt to

that being said - he did enough today to win (albeit winning 13-7 isnt that great but the bills couldnt even score 7 so...)

but mahomes has always been a jittery, off-schedule QB - he's never really been a rhythm based passer

he operates at a supremely efficient and high level but mentally he can have lapses when asked to be patient and methodical - and he and lamar both share the desire to not give up on plays so he sometimes throws bad picks instead of throwing it away (in the same way that we sometimes get annoyed when lamar takes a sack when he should have thrown it away)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The ManningCast curse is real. If the Bills, who played the Jags and loss couldn't survive it, who else can?

Keep all Ravens from ManningCast moving forward.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i cannot possibly believe that Cooper Kupp has nearly 1000 yards already this season...

came in at 924 and he's already got 24 more tonight - this is only the 9th game of the season...

outrageous production - with the 17 game schedule he's got a chance at this pace to be the first ever WR to go over 2k yards in a year

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Unbelievable.... Stafford with a similar play to Wentz and just gives the Titans an easy 6. This game is a lot closer than I thought it would be.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Oh come on... Stafford. I know every other game went our way but the last coach and team I would want to win is Vrabel and the Titans.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well one game was bound to not go our way. I already accepted a Steelers win tomorrow, but the one week the Rams decide to not play like the Rams just had to be this one.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So since the Rams are rolling over for the Titans, here are some odd fun facts from Week 9:

- The Jaguars win over Buffalo was their first win on American soil in.... 420 days.

- The Dallas Cowboys have not beat the Denver Broncos since 1995

- The Cleveland Browns were 0-8 when Tony Romo called their games, the Browns snapped that streak today.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh come on... Stafford. I know every other game went our way but the last coach and team I would want to win is Vrabel and the Titans.

mike vrabel has to have the most punchable face of the NFL.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Can't believe Adrian Peterson who has been in the league for 15 years is still out there scoring touchdowns.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well the crazy week can end with Da Bears beating Pittsburgh right? I mean after yesterday, why not.

I miss "Are you ready for some football? "

It didn't bother me that they let go of the old country singer but I liked when they had different artists coming up with a song each week.

At the very least, I think the question needs to be asked every MNF.

Thoughts?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I miss "Are you ready for some football? "

It didn't bother me that they let go of the old country singer but I liked when they had different artists coming up with a song each week.

At the very least, I think the question needs to be asked every MNF.

Thoughts?

It's the same thing NBC did with their theme, got away from what was so good. The classic SNF theme was a parody of Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You" and they spun that into a great Sunday Night Football theme. They should have kept that, the one they do with Carrie Underwood now is just... ok.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wow... terrible taunting call that was convenient for the Steelers. Ben gets sacked, Bear players doesn't really do anything and the ref throws a flag. 15 yards and an automatic first is too much for taunting, a joke.