• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2006 Ravens

Tank

Hall of Famer
Funny thing during that whole SB run we were underdogs in every game including the home game but the oddsmakers figgered it out for the SB lol. Cool that you wasat that game.
Yeah, there were a couple of smug Denver fans sitting next to us that thought they had won before the opening kickoff. Boy did they get a surprise! When Shannon Sharpe scored on the tipped pass I think they both s*** their pants! lol

06 definitely sucked but 2011 was just heartbreaking. I still remember that feeling when Evans dropped the game winner. Then Cundiff missed the kick and all I could do was stare at the ceiling in pure disbelief.

Tank

Hall of Famer
06 definitely sucked but 2011 was just heartbreaking. I still remember that feeling when Evans dropped the game winner. Then Cundiff missed the kick and all I could do was stare at the ceiling in pure disbelief.
I remember all of the patsie fans cheering in the fog, brutal loss. No doubt the worst in team history.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Man... you have more faith in this team than literally anyone on earth lmao.

But yeah 06 was my second year of rabid fandom, I was a casual fan before but in 05 for some reason football clicked for me, and in 06 I got really hooked, that team had so much swagger. I'll never forget Todd heap bouncing off of Shawne Merriman for the winning TD against the chargers who went 14-2 that year, such an epic game.

That colts loss was so disappointing. The colts had the 32nd ranked run defense in the league, they shut down MVP candidate Larry Johnson and then shut down Jamal Lewis, Todd fucking Heap of all people fumbled the ball, I knew it was a loss then and there. Just an ugly game, Steve McNair god rest his soul choked that game away and played really poorly, and our run game couldn't get going for shit. Just incredibly untimely for us really, we held Peyton manning out of the end zone for 4 quarters but the worst run defense in the NFL somehow turned into an impregnable bitch that even ser bronn of the blackwater and his 10 good men couldn't impregnate. I'm just so damn annoyed by it. And prince played at halftime, a fucking purple halftime show, smh...

Nightman

Practice Squad
2011 Cundiff was the guy that missed didn't he for you guys? You guys are going to win it all this year, you watch.
On that Cundiff miss in the 2011 AFC Champion game, I also blame Coach Harbaugh for not using his final timeout with 13 seconds left so that Billy could set up that try without being rushed. We could have still lost in It even then.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

K-Dog

MVP

For me the worst part about it was the following season. Come August / September I was still so drained from the prior season I had a hard time building up the energy and enthusiasm to get excited about a new season. I really didn't not want to go through all that again.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
That game may have been the worse In the history of the Ravens because of the importance and how we lost it.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Man... you have more faith in this team than literally anyone on earth lmao.

But yeah 06 was my second year of rabid fandom, I was a casual fan before but in 05 for some reason football clicked for me, and in 06 I got really hooked, that team had so much swagger. I'll never forget Todd heap bouncing off of Shawne Merriman for the winning TD against the chargers who went 14-2 that year, such an epic game.

That colts loss was so disappointing. The colts had the 32nd ranked run defense in the league, they shut down MVP candidate Larry Johnson and then shut down Jamal Lewis, Todd fucking Heap of all people fumbled the ball, I knew it was a loss then and there. Just an ugly game, Steve McNair god rest his soul choked that game away and played really poorly, and our run game couldn't get going for shit. Just incredibly untimely for us really, we held Peyton manning out of the end zone for 4 quarters but the worst run defense in the NFL somehow turned into an impregnable bitch that even ser bronn of the blackwater and his 10 good men couldn't impregnate. I'm just so damn annoyed by it. And prince played at halftime, a fucking purple halftime show, smh...
That Colts loss hurt me the most because of how much I hate that team. That loss made me bitter for a long while and I was not fun to be around.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wasn't that the game where Ray slapped little eddie George upside the head and stole his bicycle? I remember George sitting on the turf crying while Rays got the ball in the endzone.
That’s the games. George and Ray had a great individual rivalry. In the Eddie George football life they made a point to bring this rivalry up.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Does everyone still remember how much the Titans and Ravens hated each other? Tennessee was actually just as big a rivalry back in the day as Pittsburgh.
Huge rivalry, and the only reason I think Pitt is bigger is because now we have been division foes longer. Jacksonville was a big rival during that time too.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Huge rivalry, and the only reason I think Pitt is bigger is because now we have been division foes longer. Jacksonville was a big rival during that time too.
I remember how Jimmy Smith torched our elite 2000 Defense for 291 yards and 3 touchdowns. He was a Ravens killer back in the day, like AJ Green has currently been.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I remember how Jimmy Smith torched our elite 2000 Defense for 291 yards and 3 touchdowns. He was a Ravens killer back in the day, like AJ Green has currently been.

Yeah, I remember that game well, it was the first one I took my oldest son to. The score bounced back and forth all day and Brunell hit Smith for long TD late that looked to end the game. Everybody started filing out of the stadium and my son looked up at me and said “Dad, are we leaving?” I just told him to hold tight that we were getting the ball back and still had a chance. With about 30(?) seconds or so left in the game damn if Tony Banks didn’t hit Shannon Sharpe for a TD for the win. What a great game!