• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bad, the Ugly, and the Ravens: Week 17 Edition

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I feel like we need this thread now more than ever. It was an awful game all the way around.

I won't be doing a recap article this week. No real point, in my opinion.

I can't even really think straight right now because I'm so upset. 97% chance to make the playoffs and they blew it... Sorry if any thoughts are incoherent. Just really upset right now.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Good: Not much , maybe Collins reverse Td .
Bad: Rush Defense , Reciever drops , Flacco underthrows , pass rush
Ugly: Coaching , team not ready to play what was a playoff game for us.
The staff should be fired completely .
How does a defense on a sub zero game allow 31 points ? See ya Pees !

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Good: Not much , maybe Collins reverse Td .
Bad: Rush Defense , Reciever drops , Flacco underthrows , pass rush
Ugly: Coaching , team not ready to play what was a playoff game for us.
The staff should be fired completely .
How does a defense on a sub zero game allow 31 points ? See ya Pees !
Important to note 7 came off of a pick 6.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not even going to waste my time highlight the "good" when there was so much bad like:

Overthrows
Drops
Bobbled pass for a pick 6

And.....

The defense giving up 4th & 12 for a game winning and SEASON ENDING TOUCHDOWN for a 2nd year in a row.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm just depressed that we blew it. Really unfortunate way to end a season that looked like we might have a chance.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I fully expected it. Something needs to change. Pees retiring isn’t gonna do much. I wouldn’t be surprised if we found someone who was a downgrade tbh.

Not too happy with the future tbh.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
And what was up with a guy going 90 yards from a DEAD STOP !!!
He was completely stopped when he caught it and ran from there . unbelievable .
Honestly, the fact that Moore kept it up in the air from bobbling for as long as he did was the bigger issue to me.

Same story, different year. We don't learn from our mistakes. And that's on the coaching staff.

Paid all this money to a run stuffer who is supposed to alleviate the pass rushers and our pass rushers sucked plus we couldn't stop the run.

Invested all this on the D because of what happened last year and the same thing happens. Can't help bit laugh at this point.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Bad: Brandy Williams getting trucked by a weak Cindy offensive line . It was the defining pattern of the game

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
So, PFF has released their grades and they charted the Ravens for five drops (surprised it was that few) and actually gave Brandon Williams the highest grade of the Ravens defense.

Canady was responsible for all five of Boyd's catches.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, PFF has released their grades and they charted the Ravens for five drops (surprised it was that few) and actually gave Brandon Williams the highest grade of the Ravens defense.

Canady was responsible for all five of Boyd's catches.
Williams was getting mauled .

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Good- Flacco looked great in the pocket made quite a few solid throws but threw a couple ducks as well. Lots of drops too which further enforces the fact that we need to add talent at WR/TE this offseason.

Alex Collins continued to look great today and looks like we found a RB of the future.

O-line was also pretty good today and definitely at the very least improved down the stretch this season despite a lack of talent on paper.

The Bad: Slow start for offense, lots of drops and s mediocre day overall on offense (other than run game) which was the theme all year.

The Ugly- Defense. Overrated all season, over invested in the offseason, and it was horrible from the opening drive today. We never have enough solid pass covering defenders and get destroyed because of it. Luckily we were facing Andy Dalton and a banged up A.J. Green or else he might drop 200 on us like Brown did a couple weeks ago. It got better towards the end of the game but ultimately costs us the game on a 4th down bomb that even the damn game announcers called out, why we didn't call a time out or change coverage up is beyond me, but damn maybe we should hire Dan Fouts as our D coordinator because he called that sh* from a mile a way, and I guess old Dean Pees just couldn't see it

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not the worst of thing that we miss the playoffs. Sadly, we never deserved it and today proved that.
In fact I'm glad that both Tennessee and Buffalo won today. To advance, especially after losing would perpetuate the, "we made the playoffs and by consequence the season was a success" , mentality.

One more moment spent in denial is a moment wasted. Both coordinators need to walk...today. Perhaps the head coach...I'm not sure.

Bengals could not match up over the middle. 2nd and six with two plus minutes to go and play action with a look over the middle would have converted....Bengals simply could not stick in coverage. A run up the gut followed by the most conservative play call possible (a one read chicken call )and the rest transpired in disgusting fashion.

A half full stadium? I'm simply making an observation as I too was home but you would not see that a couple years ago. It will not escape the notice of Bisciotti, of course.

Offense sleep walked an entire half
Humphrey impressed...
Very disappointed.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Just some stats that make this game crappy as anything.

The Ravens allowed about 269 yards and 19 first downs in the first half. They allowed around 90 in the second half, about half coming on that Boyd TD, and three first downs. The Bengals had 120ish rush yards in the first half and about 20 in the second.

The Ravens had around 70 yards in the first half and two first downs. Had Moore not taken back that kick, Flacco likely finishes 4-18 for 23 yards and no TDs. The Ravens had seven punts including six three and outs. In the second half, Flacco went 20-28 for around 170 and a touchdown. The running game produced around 80 yards. The Ravens gained 19 first downs. The Ravens punted once. No three and outs.

This was a total tale of two halves.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Just some stats that make this game crappy as anything.

The Ravens allowed about 269 yards and 19 first downs in the first half. They allowed around 90 in the second half, about half coming on that Boyd TD, and three first downs. The Bengals had 120ish rush yards in the first half and about 20 in the second.

The Ravens had around 70 yards in the first half and two first downs. Had Moore not taken back that kick, Flacco likely finishes 4-18 for 23 yards and no TDs. The Ravens had seven punts including six three and outs. In the second half, Flacco went 20-28 for around 170 and a touchdown. The running game produced around 80 yards. The Ravens gained 19 first downs. The Ravens punted once. No three and outs.

This was a total tale of two halves.
It seems like consistency has been a big problem this year. I hope the Ravens resolve to fix this for next year.