• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bad, the Ugly, and the Ravens: Week 17 Edition

Troy We

Practice Squad
Not the worst of thing that we miss the playoffs. Sadly, we never deserved it and today proved that.
In fact I'm glad that both Tennessee and Buffalo won today. To advance, especially after losing would perpetuate the, "we made the playoffs and by consequence the season was a success" , mentality.

One more moment spent in denial is a moment wasted. Both coordinators need to walk...today. Perhaps the head coach...I'm not sure.

Bengals could not match up over the middle. 2nd and six with two plus minutes to go and play action with a look over the middle would have converted....Bengals simply could not stick in coverage. A run up the gut followed by the most conservative play call possible (a one read chicken call )and the rest transpired in disgusting fashion.

A half full stadium? I'm simply making an observation as I too was home but you would not see that a couple years ago. It will not escape the notice of Bisciotti, of course.

Offense sleep walked an entire half
Humphrey impressed...
Very disappointed.
Agree with everything!!!@

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Not the worst of thing that we miss the playoffs. Sadly, we never deserved it and today proved that.
In fact I'm glad that both Tennessee and Buffalo won today. To advance, especially after losing would perpetuate the, "we made the playoffs and by consequence the season was a success" , mentality.

One more moment spent in denial is a moment wasted. Both coordinators need to walk...today. Perhaps the head coach...I'm not sure.

Bengals could not match up over the middle. 2nd and six with two plus minutes to go and play action with a look over the middle would have converted....Bengals simply could not stick in coverage. A run up the gut followed by the most conservative play call possible (a one read chicken call )and the rest transpired in disgusting fashion.

A half full stadium? I'm simply making an observation as I too was home but you would not see that a couple years ago. It will not escape the notice of Bisciotti, of course.

Offense sleep walked an entire half
Humphrey impressed...
Very disappointed.
Your first sentence says it all and I have said it during our so called "playoff push" against a bunch of backup QBs.....this Ravens team clearly does not deserve to be in the playoffs nor would even be a capable opponent if we were to make it in.

Also love your point about the empty stadium, I just want to say thanks alot to all of the idiots on this team who chose to kneel during the national anthem in London, after that game social media blew up with Ravens fans boycotting this team. Ratings are down, our once always sold out stadium looks emptier than ever embarrassingly enough, and I blame the players who knelt during the anthems.

After the kneeling a lot of people were hurt by it and it clearly shows that given our empty seats. How embarrassing, our home field advantage was always one of our strengths, and now in a historically bad time where the Ravens have missed the playoffs in 3 straight seasons-something not done since the first 3 years of our franchise's existence, and we have a mutiny of fans neglecting our team...all because a few players wanted to be a part of a trend.

Horrible.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your first sentence says it all and I have said it during our so called "playoff push" against a bunch of backup QBs.....this Ravens team clearly does not deserve to be in the playoffs nor would even be a capable opponent if we were to make it in.

Also love your point about the empty stadium, I just want to say thanks alot to all of the idiots on this team who chose to kneel during the national anthem in London, after that game social media blew up with Ravens fans boycotting this team. Ratings are down, our once always sold out stadium looks emptier than ever embarrassingly enough, and I blame the players who knelt during the anthems.

After the kneeling a lot of people were hurt by it and it clearly shows that given our empty seats. How embarrassing, our home field advantage was always one of our strengths, and now in a historically bad time where the Ravens have missed the playoffs in 3 straight seasons-something not done since the first 3 years of our franchise's existence, and we have a mutiny of fans neglecting our team...all because a few players wanted to be a part of a trend.

Horrible.
Yeah it was one thing kneeling on U.S soil but doing it in England, the country we fought and died for to create our nation was quite another and much much worse.
It was a terrible decision.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Horrible.
i dont blame the players who knelt, i blame everyone who gets so fucking up in arms over a bullshit show of patriotism to begin with. ten years ago players were in the locker room for the anthem, the whole anthem at the start is literally a ploy put in place by roger goodell as a ratings grab. and if you let something like that affect you so much, then you have a problem with worshipping symbols.

worshipping the flag is mandatory in some places, like north korea. when people talk about how horrible it is that theyre not standing for the anthem, just listen real closely and tell me they arent essentially saying "you gon' stand for my flag boy!" as if to say they should be happy their black asses have this opportunity and they should just drop all their morals and ideologies and be grateful. these players are trying to raise awareness in a peaceful and noticeable manner, and trump called them sons of bitches for doing it which set the whole league on fire. the ones to blame for the ratings drop are not the players who are spreading awareness for a just cause, the ones to blame are the ones who decide that a few players not being physically forced to stand for the anthem means they should abandon all fandom.

but this isnt a subject for this thread. just felt a need to respond to this because im as patriotic as they come but i would never throw a fit over someone taking a knee during a song, its a fucking song, i dont care how you interpret it.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
i dont blame the players who knelt, i blame everyone who gets so fucking up in arms over a bullshit show of patriotism to begin with. ten years ago players were in the locker room for the anthem, the whole anthem at the start is literally a ploy put in place by roger goodell as a ratings grab. and if you let something like that affect you so much, then you have a problem with worshipping symbols.

worshipping the flag is mandatory in some places, like north korea. when people talk about how horrible it is that theyre not standing for the anthem, just listen real closely and tell me they arent essentially saying "you gon' stand for my flag boy!" as if to say they should be happy their black asses have this opportunity and they should just drop all their morals and ideologies and be grateful. these players are trying to raise awareness in a peaceful and noticeable manner, and trump called them sons of bitches for doing it which set the whole league on fire. the ones to blame for the ratings drop are not the players who are spreading awareness for a just cause, the ones to blame are the ones who decide that a few players not being physically forced to stand for the anthem means they should abandon all fandom.

but this isnt a subject for this thread. just felt a need to respond to this because im as patriotic as they come but i would never throw a fit over someone taking a knee during a song, its a fucking song, i dont care how you interpret it.
First of all whether you like it or not the fact is that our seats are empty because of or at the very least- in large part due to the players kneeling in London. After that happened a vast majority of our fan base and fan bases across the NFL stopped watching because they took it as disrespectful. IMO this is the NFL not CNN or Fox news, let's play football and keep personal/political opinions off the field or at least in the locker room/media. That whole fiasco made this season one of the worst seasons of football I've ever witnessed because of the media storm it received, and it clearly effected our fan base and game attendence which is an embarrassment. Yes Donald Trump started it by saying only SOBs would kneel during the anthem, but instead of being the bigger man or the more moral voice of reason, we have guys across the league acting like a child and acting out almost entirely because they hate Trump and won't stand for his horrible tirades! Something a spoiled rotten child would do.

To me the whole situation is a catch 22, a giant 50-50 situation. In one hand you are justifying a player kneeling or essentially boycotting our flag/country and EVERYTHING it stands for both good and bad, while it might bring awareness to something like police brutality or all lives matter etc. while also exercising freedom of speech, it contradicts itself given the fact that in order to promote positive awareness to your cause, you are essentially flipping our country the bird because again to kneel during the anthem in order to negate the bad stuff you are also negating the good stuff; like the fact that we are free to do much more than speak freely, and when I salute the flag I salute the good and the bad, our country ain't the best anymore it is engulfed by ALOT of darkness, villolencd and corruption, but I still love it and love those who died so I could live freely.We have the right to speak freely and do those other things because of the hard work and sacrifices of those who made and fought and died for the flag and the anthem to become the symbol that it is today. We pledge allegiance to the flag to honor the fact that we have freedoms, and alot of important men and women fought for it, and it's all about remembering and appreciating them. So to kneel and say I'm not going to stand and honor this Country's great history because I want to promote (insert whatever here) is extremely disrespectful. Yes you have the right to exercise free speech but people take it too far now a days because they are spoiled and self centered. Just because you have the freedom of speech doesn't mean you should go up to a police officer and tell them to F off, but many others do it and say "oh I have freedom of speech", that doesn't make it right.

And like i said from the start....C'mon man! These players acted like straight up babies, like ohhhh hell no, I'm not about to let the president of the United States tell me off like that and not let me protest what I want to protest! Lol ok guys look how it backfired! NFL ratings in the toilet our beloved M&T Bank Stadium that used to be packed is looking empty and what did they even accomplish???? I dont know.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
i I'm as patriotic as they come but i would never throw a fit over someone taking a knee during a song, its a fucking song, i dont care how you interpret it.
Last semi-political post but
Lololol how can you call yourself patriotic when you consider the national anthem only just a song? Do you understand what it truly stands for? When you think about those who died for our freedoms and how truly spoiled rotten and lucky we are as a nation to be able to live free and do the things we do like play fuckin football and make hundreds of millions of dollars per year, or make money on social media or by acting in movies and TV easy easy easy compared to those who laid their life on the line for NOTHING so we could live it up....THAT sir is why we stand up like a big man/woman and salute the flag and honor the anthem. And it's people like you who belittle something like the national anthem that is the problem with this country.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
First of all whether you like it or not the fact is that our seats are empty because of or at the very least- in large part due to the players kneeling in London. After that happened a vast majority of our fan base and fan bases across the NFL stopped watching because they took it as disrespectful. IMO this is the NFL not CNN or Fox news, let's play football and keep personal/political opinions off the field or at least in the locker room/media. That whole fiasco made this season one of the worst seasons of football I've ever witnessed because of the media storm it received, and it clearly effected our fan base and game attendence which is an embarrassment. Yes Donald Trump started it by saying only SOBs would kneel during the anthem, but instead of being the bigger man or the more moral voice of reason, we have guys across the league acting like a child and acting out almost entirely because they hate Trump and won't stand for his horrible tirades! Something a spoiled rotten child would do.

To me the whole situation is a catch 22, a giant 50-50 situation. In one hand you are justifying a player kneeling or essentially boycotting our flag/country and EVERYTHING it stands for both good and bad, while it might bring awareness to something like police brutality or all lives matter etc. while also exercising freedom of speech, it contradicts itself given the fact that in order to promote positive awareness to your cause, you are essentially flipping our country the bird because again to kneel during the anthem in order to negate the bad stuff you are also negating the good stuff; like the fact that we are free to do much more than speak freely, and when I salute the flag I salute the good and the bad, our country ain't the best anymore it is engulfed by ALOT of darkness, villolencd and corruption, but I still love it and love those who died so I could live freely.We have the right to speak freely and do those other things because of the hard work and sacrifices of those who made and fought and died for the flag and the anthem to become the symbol that it is today. We pledge allegiance to the flag to honor the fact that we have freedoms, and alot of important men and women fought for it, and it's all about remembering and appreciating them. So to kneel and say I'm not going to stand and honor this Country's great history because I want to promote (insert whatever here) is extremely disrespectful. Yes you have the right to exercise free speech but people take it too far now a days because they are spoiled and self centered. Just because you have the freedom of speech doesn't mean you should go up to a police officer and tell them to F off, but many others do it and say "oh I have freedom of speech", that doesn't make it right.

And like i said from the start....C'mon man! These players acted like straight up babies, like ohhhh hell no, I'm not about to let the president of the United States tell me off like that and not let me protest what I want to protest! Lol ok guys look how it backfired! NFL ratings in the toilet our beloved M&T Bank Stadium that used to be packed is looking empty and what did they even accomplish???? I dont know.
that whole paragraph said you love freedom and free speech but they cant exercise free speech because that makes them spoiled babies. kneeling during the anthem isnt disrespecting our countrys history and disrespecting our troops who died, its all symbolism and connecting dots. i for one stand when im at the game, but when im sitting at home i stay right on my ass during the anthem, as does 99.9% of those who piss and moan about the kneeling. have any of these players come out and said "fuck the troops" or "fuck this country and the freedom it grants me"? no, they simply kneel during a song. i agree i dont want politics and sports mixed, but i simply ignore the politics part since it really only happens in a 1 minute span before the game. you know what i hate? sports tv, and sports radio, turning into an endless barrage of jackasses ranting the same ol' tomi lahren annoying ass narrative. seems to me the real spoiled brats are the ones who cant handle someone quietly saying "hey, maybe there are some injustices in this great nation?" and burning their possessions and ranting on radio shows over it.

I've said it before but I think for many of the people up in arms use the anti patriotic angle to justify their opposition when in reality they are opposed to the movement behind the protest. It's just easier to disagree with the perceived disrespect rather than justify their displeasure with the movement itself.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've said it before but I think for many of the people up in arms use the anti patriotic angle to justify their opposition when in reality they are opposed to the movement behind the protest. It's just easier to disagree with the perceived disrespect rather than justify their displeasure with the movement itself.
Are you playing the Forum mock this year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Last semi-political post but
Lololol how can you call yourself patriotic when you consider the national anthem only just a song? Do you understand what it truly stands for? When you think about those who died for our freedoms and how truly spoiled rotten and lucky we are as a nation to be able to live free and do the things we do like play fuckin football and make hundreds of millions of dollars per year, or make money on social media or by acting in movies and TV easy easy easy compared to those who laid their life on the line for NOTHING so we could live it up....THAT sir is why we stand up like a big man/woman and salute the flag and honor the anthem. And it's people like you who belittle something like the national anthem that is the problem with this country.
its not that i belittle the national anthem, its that it really is a song. i understand what it represents, but its only REPRESENTS, it isnt the literal graves of fallen troops being kneeled on. people being rational isnt the problem with this country, its the lack of rationality that is the problem. those who burn down cities because a guy attacked a cop and got shot are a problem, those who rant and rave and belittle someones peaceful protest and ignore the message are also a problem.

when you make it all about "MUH ANTHEM!" you are disregarding the message, which is a problem.

The bad is the lack of fire to start this game. Coaching staff needs to answer to how they could come out looking so unprepared.

The ugly yet another last drive meltdown by the D. Such a common theme only fitting that we have one finish our season yet again.

The Ravens ... You know I have no idea where things are headed. We're at a crossroads.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
so basically "stand your black ass up for my country boy"... its so obvious when you hear these people rant and rave, mass majority of them have one major issue, the fact that rich black athletes are using a platform to speak out on injustices.

Troy We

Practice Squad

but this isnt a subject for this thread. just felt a need to respond to this because im as patriotic as they come but i would never throw a fit over someone taking a knee during a song, its a fucking song, i dont care how
so basically "stand your black ass up for my country boy"... its so obvious when you hear these people rant and rave, mass majority of them have one major issue, the fact that rich black athletes are using a platform to speak out on injustices.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The bad is the lack of fire to start this game. Coaching staff needs to answer to how they could come out looking so unprepared.

The ugly yet another last drive meltdown by the D. Such a common theme only fitting that we have one finish our season yet again.

The Ravens ... You know I have no idea where things are headed. We're at a crossroads.
Yep, I said that in the other thread.

There should be no crossroads ahead after coaching debacle like this. It should be the end of the road.