• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 OL Thread

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd gladly take Evan Neal just saying but if we lose Bozeman and don't go after center and I'm talking 1st rd it will be a major mistake. I understand we need a lot but the center touches the ball every play.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Evan Neal would be amazing, but I reckon he might be a top 10 pick, even injured af we just aren't bad enough for his talents.

As for center, I really hope we keep Bozeman, for me he's the second most important resign after Lamar. A 1st round center is a tough sell, it would have to be someone they really like and were damned sure was going to be their guy for at least the next decade to make it worth while.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
list of senior bowl prospects, some known, some not:

Boston College Zion Johnson G 6'3 316

Central Michigan Bernhard Raimann OT 6'7 305

Fordham Nick Zakelj OT/G 6'5 320

Kentucky Darian Kinnard OT 6'5 345

Louisiana Max Mitchell OT 6'6 300

LSU Ed Ingram G 6'3 315

Memphis Dylan Parham G 6'3 290

Michigan Andrew Stueber OT/G 6'7 335

North Dakota Matt Waletzko OT 6'7 300

Northern Iowa Trevor Penning OT 6'7 340

Southern Utah Braxton Jones OT 6'6 310

Tulsa Chris Paul G/OT 6'4 320

UTSA Spencer Burford G/OT 6'5 300

Virginia Tech Lecitus Smith G 6'3 316

Washington State Abraham Lucas OT 6'7 320

UT-Chattanooga Cole Strange G 6'6 300

Central Michigan Luke Goedeke OT 6'5 310

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
list of senior bowl prospects, some known, some not:

Boston College Zion Johnson G 6'3 316

Central Michigan Bernhard Raimann OT 6'7 305

Fordham Nick Zakelj OT/G 6'5 320

Kentucky Darian Kinnard OT 6'5 345

Louisiana Max Mitchell OT 6'6 300

LSU Ed Ingram G 6'3 315

Memphis Dylan Parham G 6'3 290

Michigan Andrew Stueber OT/G 6'7 335

North Dakota Matt Waletzko OT 6'7 300

Northern Iowa Trevor Penning OT 6'7 340

Southern Utah Braxton Jones OT 6'6 310

Tulsa Chris Paul G/OT 6'4 320

UTSA Spencer Burford G/OT 6'5 300

Virginia Tech Lecitus Smith G 6'3 316

Washington State Abraham Lucas OT 6'7 320

UT-Chattanooga Cole Strange G 6'6 300

Central Michigan Luke Goedeke OT 6'5 310

After yesterday I really want to see Stueber and I want to see him at both tackle and guard at the senior bowl

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Any interest in Kinnard?
I’m not really a fan, don’t see the hype, he’s a big powerful beast but he’s leadfooted and has long winding motions before engaging. Like I’m not saying he can’t be a good player, but I’d be reluctant on him

for instance, Daniel faalele is another mammoth of an OL but he is a natural tackle, his kickstep is real, he uses his length like a tackle should and he’s less labored with his hands when engaging defenders, like he just puts the mitts on a dude and deletes them, Kinnard appears to be “loading up” before trying to engage defenders with power, I feel like we’ll see a lot of lunging from him in the NFL.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
seals really well at the point of attack
Great feet, mirrors laterally, great hands all around with placement and timing, great in pass protection and plays with an edge, has a lot of finesse in his game but is far from a finesse player and is very physical

I’ve liked him for a while from watching film but watching bamas last 2 games I have really become a big fan and I wanna see him in Baltimore. He would be my ideal long term zeitler replacement

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
I've seen Trevor Penning mocked to us a few times and he looks interesting! A small school tackle 6'7 340lbs expected to run a sub-5s 40 he looks agile, long, incredibly strong and nasty.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've seen Trevor Penning mocked to us a few times and he looks interesting! A small school tackle 6'7 340lbs expected to run a sub-5s 40 he looks agile, long, incredibly strong and nasty.

i noticed him a bit last year when watching spencer brown - for sure looks like someone to pay attention to - i thought he was a junior but he seems to have been invited to the senior bowl so i look forward to watching him there

from what i saw last year though he looks like he's really flexible and creates a lot of torque through his core

ikem ekwonu also looks a fair bit nasty too

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
PFF put out a mock draft and had us selecting Kenyon Green at 25. Not sure we will be picking this late, but that's not the point. Thoughts

25. BALTIMORE RAVENS: IOL KENYON GREEN, TEXAS A&M

Green played right tackle, right guard, left tackle and left guard all at different times in the 2021 season alone for Texas A&M and still managed to earn a 79.8 overall grade and an 83.6 run-blocking grade. He’ll likely settle at either guard spot in the NFL and should very quickly become an impact player at the position.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
PFF put out a mock draft and had us selecting Kenyon Green at 25. Not sure we will be picking this late, but that's not the point. Thoughts

25. BALTIMORE RAVENS: IOL KENYON GREEN, TEXAS A&M

Green played right tackle, right guard, left tackle and left guard all at different times in the 2021 season alone for Texas A&M and still managed to earn a 79.8 overall grade and an 83.6 run-blocking grade. He’ll likely settle at either guard spot in the NFL and should very quickly become an impact player at the position.

not watched him much but when i have i've noticed he's got some issues with holding penalties and technical stuff with his feet that means he ends up frequently in wrestling matches (doesnt seem to bring his feet with him as a blocker)

at a first glance i think he's someone who had some hype before the 2021 season as a 5* recruit and who's still probably going to be a highish pick but id imagine not as high as people often prognosticated over the summer

based on my first cursory look at him i think he's going to drop down boards a bit as people start getting into the tape a bit more

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Ikem Ekwonu is still on the board when we pick I'd love him on the team. Doesn't quite have the length you normally want at LT, but is incredibly strong, and plays with great intensity. He's just a monster on the left side of the line. Can play LT, LG, or even possibly RT (though switching sides could have some growing pains).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If Ikem Ekwonu is still on the board when we pick I'd love him on the team. Doesn't quite have the length you normally want at LT, but is incredibly strong, and plays with great intensity. He's just a monster on the left side of the line. Can play LT, LG, or even possibly RT (though switching sides could have some growing pains).

ive not seen much of him yet but what I have seen is incredibly exciting

I’ve heard his Mississippi state tape is the best of anyone in the class - he’s one of the guys I’m 100% most excited to study up on and grade

I’ve admittedly not seen much but would you say his lack of length (haven’t seen any measurements) shows up on tape or is it more of a general concern for you?

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
ive not seen much of him yet but what I have seen is incredibly exciting

I’ve heard his Mississippi state tape is the best of anyone in the class - he’s one of the guys I’m 100% most excited to study up on and grade

I’ve admittedly not seen much but would you say his lack of length (haven’t seen any measurements) shows up on tape or is it more of a general concern for you?
I don't think it's a big concern. He has enough length to get the job done on an island, it's just not as much as many of the pure tackle prospects.

The only thing about his game I could really harp on is leaning forward when pass blocking, but that's a coachable issue. I think the only reason he'd even be on the board when the Ravens pick is that most teams will see him as a guard capable of being a tackle in a pinch rather than a natural tackle. Though I think he can definitely be a full time tackle for a team.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't think it's a big concern. He has enough length to get the job done on an island, it's just not as much as many of the pure tackle prospects.

The only thing about his game I could really harp on is leaning forward when pass blocking, but that's a coachable issue. I think the only reason he'd even be on the board when the Ravens pick is that most teams will see him as a guard capable of being a tackle in a pinch rather than a natural tackle. Though I think he can definitely be a full time tackle for a team.

ill make sure to look for that when i start properly watching tape - but from what ive seen he looks like a tackle to me - just more in that jason peters kind of build and not like a tyron smith type of build

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Love Trevor penning, would absolutely take him late first. He’s a nasty bast4rd, he’s extremely long and athletic, uses his length well, active hands, quick feet.