• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 OL Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don't think it's a big concern. He has enough length to get the job done on an island, it's just not as much as many of the pure tackle prospects.

The only thing about his game I could really harp on is leaning forward when pass blocking, but that's a coachable issue. I think the only reason he'd even be on the board when the Ravens pick is that most teams will see him as a guard capable of being a tackle in a pinch rather than a natural tackle. Though I think he can definitely be a full time tackle for a team.
I said the same thing when watching his tape, about leaning forward in pass pro, I personallly think he’s a G all the way and I just don’t see tackle traits
PFF put out a mock draft and had us selecting Kenyon Green at 25. Not sure we will be picking this late, but that's not the point. Thoughts

25. BALTIMORE RAVENS: IOL KENYON GREEN, TEXAS A&M

Green played right tackle, right guard, left tackle and left guard all at different times in the 2021 season alone for Texas A&M and still managed to earn a 79.8 overall grade and an 83.6 run-blocking grade. He’ll likely settle at either guard spot in the NFL and should very quickly become an impact player at the position.
Love Kenyon green but I’m not big on taking a G in the first this year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I said the same thing when watching his tape, about leaning forward in pass pro, I personallly think he’s a G all the way and I just don’t see tackle traits

Love Kenyon green but I’m not big on taking a G in the first this year

what traits do you think he's missing for tackle?
i see someone who oversets and opens up inside a little too much at times with over-aggression and some leaning but i dont see anything physical or mental that would prevent him being a tackle in the NFL - just rawer than someone like Evan Neal

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
what traits do you think he's missing for tackle?
i see someone who oversets and opens up inside a little too much at times with over-aggression and some leaning but i dont see anything physical or mental that would prevent him being a tackle in the NFL - just rawer than someone like Evan Neal
The lunging and leaning is just a part of it and just his build in general, I think he’s got G size and movement skills and I think it could be magnified at the next level which is something we see a lot of with OTs.

I think he’s an elite G Though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The lunging and leaning is just a part of it and just his build in general, I think he’s got G size and movement skills and I think it could be magnified at the next level which is something we see a lot of with OTs.

I think he’s an elite G Though

I mean yeah he’s not got elite length but I’m not seeing lack of length show up as an issue in any of the film I’ve seen so far - his 2021 tape looks like a massive step up from 2020 too in pass pro - body-wise he reminds me of Jason peters

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
What are people thoughts on OSU Tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere? I see his name a lot in the middle-to-late 1st round.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
What are people thoughts on OSU Tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere? I see his name a lot in the middle-to-late 1st round.
Really athletic and just all around good tackle capable of starting at LT or RT. There's others with a higher ceiling, but he has potential to be a long term starter. I'd happily take him depending on who's on the board.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Really athletic and just all around good tackle capable of starting at LT or RT. There's others with a higher ceiling, but he has potential to be a long term starter. I'd happily take him depending on who's on the board.

I've also spotted him falling recently in quite a few mock drafts as well to around the 50-60 mark, which is interesting, I'm really not sure why. I guess there are a lot of good tackles this year, but I agree that he seems solid.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Also, unless I'm mistaken doesn't Frere translate to girl in French? Is his name literally 'little girl'?!

Hell of a name for a guy in the trenches protecting your QB :p

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
for instance, Daniel faalele is another mammoth of an OL but he is a natural tackle, his kickstep is real, he uses his length like a tackle should and he’s less labored with his hands when engaging defenders, like he just puts the mitts on a dude and deletes them, Kinnard appears to be “loading up” before trying to engage defenders with power, I feel like we’ll see a lot of lunging from him in the NFL.

Just peeped out this Daniel Faalele guy. Dude, he's a giant. I wonder what round is he projected in, given his rawness.

He reminds me of that other giant aussie tackle that got drafted by the Eagles, Jordan Mailata. He was hella raw too, but now he beasted enough to get his extension.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just peeped out this Daniel Faalele guy. Dude, he's a giant. I wonder what round is he projected in, given his rawness.

He reminds me of that other giant aussie tackle that got drafted by the Eagles, Jordan Mailata. He was hella raw too, but now he beasted enough to get his extension.

he's gonna be at the senior bowl - gonna be a guy to watch really closely there - a lot of projecting to do with him but that's partly why the draft is so fun

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I have no idea where he’s expected to go, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tackle with such traits, he’s next level freakish.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've also spotted him falling recently in quite a few mock drafts as well to around the 50-60 mark, which is interesting, I'm really not sure why. I guess there are a lot of good tackles this year, but I agree that he seems solid.
I think he's a victim of people over thinking things, or media personal and scouts looking for the home run rather than the easy hit.

I see him as someone that can be a long term starter, but won't get close to a single all pro vote. Possibly not even a pro bowl candidate. Solid, but not special. I think his combination of versatility and ability to immediately start is worth a late 1st, especially for a team in a win now mode. Though I can understand other teams simply seeing someone else as having a brighter future.

Please get us an Aussie. He scored a TD yesterday

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I love this OT class. ekwonu, NPF, penning, Lucas, faalele, I think all of these guys are future starters at RT at a minimum, penning and NPF possibly LTs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I love this OT class. ekwonu, NPF, penning, Lucas, faalele, I think all of these guys are future starters at RT at a minimum, penning and NPF possibly LTs.

guys ive taken a close interest in so far:
Neal
Ekwonu
Cross
Penning
Faalele
NPF
Raimann
Salyer (he might be a guard in the pros though)

some other names at OT ive heard but seen nothing of yet are jaxson kirkland, max mitchell, abraham lucas, darian kinnard, cade mays, luke goedeke

off the bat it looks to me like there's gonna be a lot of day 2 types in this draft at both tackle and IOL

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
guys ive taken a close interest in so far:
Neal
Ekwonu
Cross
Penning
Faalele
NPF
Raimann
Salyer (he might be a guard in the pros though)

some other names at OT ive heard but seen nothing of yet are jaxson kirkland, max mitchell, abraham lucas, darian kinnard, cade mays, luke goedeke

off the bat it looks to me like there's gonna be a lot of day 2 types in this draft at both tackle and IOL
Ah I left cross out which is absurd since he’s potentially my favorite. I haven’t even watched Neal because why tf would I have interest in a OT we have no shot at lol. I didn’t see much with raimann, he has really poor hand usage. Sean Rhyan is another one I like, he’s built like a truck, plays like one, and he has insane movement skills, if you haven’t checked him out, go ahead and do so, he’s fun to watch

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ah I left cross out which is absurd since he’s potentially my favorite. I haven’t even watched Neal because why tf would I have interest in a OT we have no shot at lol. I didn’t see much with raimann, he has really poor hand usage. Sean Rhyan is another one I like, he’s built like a truck, plays like one, and he has insane movement skills, if you haven’t checked him out, go ahead and do so, he’s fun to watch

added him to my list but probably wont get around to him until later - at the moment im just waiting to see if anyone else gets added to the senior bowl - im trying not to peak ahead too much yet at guys who wont be at the senior bowl

that's mostly why im intrigued about raimann - he's newish to the game and is very athletic (not unlike faalele in that way) although he's older than you'd want necessarily in a prospect - but he's going to be at the senior bowl (as are faalele and penning)