• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 EDGE Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Looks like we got a good one in Oweh this year.

And completely different profile to any EDGE we've ever drafted before which makes it somewhat more difficult to identify the kinds of guys we might be interested in - oweh didnt fit either of the height-weight categories we'd previously seemingly adhered to nor the sack production (albeit that was never actually an issue...

There's at least one outstanding EDGE prospect in Kayvon Thibodeaux who's likely going number 1. Not sure what else is going to be there yet behind him.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'd love Adrian Hutchinson but he's heading toward a top 10 pick. If there was a Michigan player to draft... Hutchinson would be it.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
I'd love Adrian Hutchinson but he's heading toward a top 10 pick. If there was a Michigan player to draft... Hutchinson would be it.

Yeah damn, he's going to be a scary guy to go up against. He's no.2 on Bruce Feldman's freak list, guy can move!

I wouldn't count out their talented safety. There's the Harbaugh connection and the Hill connection (Justice's brother).

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yeah damn, he's going to be a scary guy to go up against. He's no.2 on Bruce Feldman's freak list, guy can move!

I wouldn't count out their talented safety. There's the Harbaugh connection and the Hill connection (Justice's brother).
I’m not crazy on Hutchinson tbh, I mean if he’s there late in the first that’s pretty much a no brainer, but yeah I am very high on daxton hill.

Before the rape allegations I had Adam Anderson as my #3 edge after thibodeaux and karlaftis, but now myjai sanders is firmly in that spot.

Brenton cox has a teleport first step and good flexible bend, and could be a respectable OLB with zone drops and what not, but he’s still raw as a pass rusher and has questions around him because he was removed from his head of program with no real explanation given.

jermaine Johnson is a very long, well built freak athlete, I see loads of potential but idk he looks kinda… rough on film.

Sam Williams is another raw freak, fun film

David ojabo is a real dark horse, I have a anti Michigan bias on prospects but ojabo is a guy who I think could blow his draft position out of the water and make a lot of people look stupid, I see a lot of really quality pass rush tools.

Kingsley enagbare looks like a leaner 5tech to
Me, I don’t see a true edge rusher. Long lumbering guy, like a rousseau.

Zion tupuola fetui is another dark horse, first step, burst, size, and motor, all through the roof, can flatten with physicality and disengage with hands and power and has an extra gear to finish the rush, I kinda really wanna see this guy paired with oweh, I’m a fan.

Ali Gaye looks like a 5tech to me, limited experience, doesn’t have a bunch of playmaking on film, but you see his traits flash in matchups with blockers, supreme length and some power and twitchiness, not an overly explosive guy though

Don’t like Zach Harrison, nik bonitto, tyreek smith, or Isaiah Thomas.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Cameron Thomas is the fucking TRUTH! I want this guy, he’s a natural 5 tech and he kicks inside to 3 tech and nose frequently, and he dominates at all of them. Great size, supremely physical and powerful, very active hands, very twitchy lateral movement, does great chaining moves to engage and disengage, does a lot of benchpress to engage and follows up with a rip, swim, spin, all of it, he just plays with an extremely high understanding of how to get off blocks and also excellent vision and awareness to anticipate double teams and beat them, nose for the ball carrier, just all around he looks like an elite prospect from a small school, he absolutely should be getting more hype.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Cameron Thomas is the fucking TRUTH! I want this guy, he’s a natural 5 tech and he kicks inside to 3 tech and nose frequently, and he dominates at all of them. Great size, supremely physical and powerful, very active hands, very twitchy lateral movement, does great chaining moves to engage and disengage, does a lot of benchpress to engage and follows up with a rip, swim, spin, all of it, he just plays with an extremely high understanding of how to get off blocks and also excellent vision and awareness to anticipate double teams and beat them, nose for the ball carrier, just all around he looks like an elite prospect from a small school, he absolutely should be getting more hype.

well he just accepted his senior bowl invite - this senior bowl roster is looking stacked at basically every spot except maybe C from what i can tell so far

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
well he just accepted his senior bowl invite - this senior bowl roster is looking stacked at basically every spot except maybe C from what i can tell so far
Have you seen his film? He looks like he’s got “it”. He seems to have an entire tool belt of moves to disengage with and he begins with his benchpress/longarm, he just knows how to extend blockers and then remove them from his path, when players have a clear understanding of how to beat a blocker using just skilled moves, it jumps off the film, and he really jumps off with that.

dare I say he reminds me a lot of tj watt who I was incredibly high on in 2017 and honestly he was a top 5 talent for me who only would’ve bren knocked due to injury concerns. He doesn’t have nearly the natural freakish athleticism watt had but man he’s got so much to work with as far as overall skill and talent combined

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Have you seen his film? He looks like he’s got “it”. He seems to have an entire tool belt of moves to disengage with and he begins with his benchpress/longarm, he just knows how to extend blockers and then remove them from his path, when players have a clear understanding of how to beat a blocker using just skilled moves, it jumps off the film, and he really jumps off with that.

dare I say he reminds me a lot of tj watt who I was incredibly high on in 2017 and honestly he was a top 5 talent for me who only would’ve bren knocked due to injury concerns. He doesn’t have nearly the natural freakish athleticism watt had but man he’s got so much to work with as far as overall skill and talent combined

not watched any proper film of anyone yet - waiting for the CFB bowls and playoffs to finish first to see who declares and who decides to go to the senior bowl (because i normally start with the senior bowl guys) - so only seen bits and pieces of guys

not seen much of cameron thomas - seen a few plays here and there but his effort level and motor popped for me on all those plays

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i dont want to overreact but my word has Aidan Hutchinson been a major letdown in this semi-final against georgia - certainly not performing like id expect out of a supposed potential top 5 player - like a few great reps and a lot of double teams but nothing obviously dominant

was hoping to at least see some sort of battle but Jamaree Salyer (who might be a guard in the pros) has manhandled him - and this specific post was spurred on by him pancaking hutchinson

ive not watched a ton but for someone who's supposedly better than Thibodeaux and the likely number 1 overall pick, he sure hasn't half disappeared against the best competition he's faced all year when his team needed him most...

david ojabo looked far more disruptive tonight

that being said - it's happened many times before that a marquee talent gets embarrassed or disappears on the national stage in a big end of season game and people sour on him only for him to dominate in the pros anyway (saw it with aj terrell and others) - like i understand that georgia probably game-planned around him and he just didnt have a great day and that should be taken into account and shouldnt tank his eval

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@JoeyFlex5 @RaineV1

think it was you 2 who first pointed out travon walker - and my word did he dominate yesterday - started having a little look at him and he's also a freak - georgia's defence filled with athletic freaks...

this clip is ridiculous

this clip is giving me odafe oweh vibes lol

and this was last night

not done any study yet so dont know how much ill like him and how high he could go - but he's freaky

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 @RaineV1

think it was you 2 who first pointed out travon walker - and my word did he dominate yesterday - started having a little look at him and he's also a freak - georgia's defence filled with athletic freaks...

this clip is ridiculous

this clip is giving me odafe oweh vibes lol

and this was last night

not done any study yet so dont know how much ill like him and how high he could go - but he's freaky

Travon walker to me should go top 10. He’s freakier than oweh, and more natural a rusher and bully than oweh. He’s a threat at every technique in the front, he could line up anywhere from wide-9 to the zero and he would be an absolute handful every time. He’s a legit edge defender who’s built like a 3tech with no body fat, or he’s a DT who has next level quickness and athleticism and is without question physical enough to play there full time.

if he’s there when were on the clock, the only thing that would stop me from taking him is if Charles cross or ekwonu is there, I’ve changed my tune on ekwonu btw and I could see him at RT here

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Travon walker to me should go top 10. He’s freakier than oweh, and more natural a rusher and bully than oweh. He’s a threat at every technique in the front, he could line up anywhere from wide-9 to the zero and he would be an absolute handful every time. He’s a legit edge defender who’s built like a 3tech with no body fat, or he’s a DT who has next level quickness and athleticism and is without question physical enough to play there full time.

if he’s there when were on the clock, the only thing that would stop me from taking him is if Charles cross or ekwonu is there, I’ve changed my tune on ekwonu btw and I could see him at RT here

i havent watched any of cross yet but he's one of those big 3 that im excited to watch - ive seen some of ekwonu (obviously) and Evan Neal was magnificent yesterday against cincinnati

daniel faalele and trevor penning are going to be at the senior bowl so that's cool too

right now i get the sense that as long as a couple of QBs go ahead of us and we're in the top 16 somewhere that we're going to get a major talent at some position

but so far i get the sense that this class is absolutely stacked everywhere on defence - but especially at the top and especially at EDGE

what changed your mind on ekwonu?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i havent watched any of cross yet but he's one of those big 3 that im excited to watch - ive seen some of ekwonu (obviously) and Evan Neal was magnificent yesterday against cincinnati

daniel faalele and trevor penning are going to be at the senior bowl so that's cool too

right now i get the sense that as long as a couple of QBs go ahead of us and we're in the top 16 somewhere that we're going to get a major talent at some position

but so far i get the sense that this class is absolutely stacked everywhere on defence - but especially at the top and especially at EDGE

what changed your mind on ekwonu?
Cross is a superb mover and his technique all looks squeaky clean, he’s very fluid and just moves very easily and naturally and has great timing and placement with his hands and excellent feet as well. Covers a lot ground with ease when blocking in space and doesn’t chase or extend. Really alert on stunts and layered rushes too, doesn’t get fooled basically ever on that front.

ekwonu I just watched film again and changed my mind, he looks squattier than he really is just because he’s so dense, think I dinged him too much for that, and his feet are very quick and his kickstep is for real. Really I just saw his build and style and labeled him a G right away.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Cross is a superb mover and his technique all looks squeaky clean, he’s very fluid and just moves very easily and naturally and has great timing and placement with his hands and excellent feet as well. Covers a lot ground with ease when blocking in space and doesn’t chase or extend. Really alert on stunts and layered rushes too, doesn’t get fooled basically ever on that front.

ekwonu I just watched film again and changed my mind, he looks squattier than he really is just because he’s so dense, think I dinged him too much for that, and his feet are very quick and his kickstep is for real. Really I just saw his build and style and labeled him a G right away.

haha i did wonder if that was what it was with Ekwonu - when you look at him he does look like someone who'd be a guard given his build and height but i think that undersells him as an athlete - i think he oversets too much sometimes but i also think he's an exceptional athlete and an absolute mauler in the running game

looking forward to cross - obviously a question about him playing at mississippi state will be what he's like in the running game given the style of offence they run there

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
haha i did wonder if that was what it was with Ekwonu - when you look at him he does look like someone who'd be a guard given his build and height but i think that undersells him as an athlete - i think he oversets too much sometimes but i also think he's an exceptional athlete and an absolute mauler in the running game

looking forward to cross - obviously a question about him playing at mississippi state will be what he's like in the running game given the style of offence they run there
I think he’ll be plenty capable in the run game, not overwhelming with power but he’s such a masterful technician and a superior mover that I think he’s gonna be just fine, he’s gonna be at his best on stretch, screen, and power, plays that allow him to use his length and superior movement, getting him to defenders in space to angle them off and create a crease to spring big plays would be his forte

honestly if you’re looking for a comp slater and Stanley both feel like strong ones.