• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 LB Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Josh Bynes came in and has massively helped Queen and steadied the unit. Malik Harrison has not progressed as much as we'd have liked and Board doesn't look like he'll ever be given that early down or Mike role or any role on early downs...

LJ Fort to come back in but there's space here still to find someone to settle the centre of this defence and takeover from Bynes.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
My gut here is that Queen grows even more into his role at WILL and is looking like a solid starter by the end of the season going into next year and also that we continue to line up a hodge podge of cheap vets (Fort, Bynes etc) next to him and we leave it at that for the next couple of years.

Not a dominant pairing, but fairly cheap and solid.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
One guy I think the Ravens should take a close look at is Darrian Beavers, LB from Cincinnati. Seems to have an off the chart level of instincts. He's just always where the ball is going. Also a great, natural tackler, and has high end range, especially for a LB his size. Watching him play honestly comes across like a faster version of Mosely at times.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One guy I think the Ravens should take a close look at is Darrian Beavers, LB from Cincinnati. Seems to have an off the chart level of instincts. He's just always where the ball is going. Also a great, natural tackler, and has high end range, especially for a LB his size. Watching him play honestly comes across like a faster version of Mosely at times.

ive seen someone refer to him as this year's zaven collins

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Which makes me respect Bryce Young and their offense even more. To not be sacked ONCE and completely bitchslap that defense is commendable.

will be interesting to see the rematch - got to think georgia will have a better plan this time around

bama waxed cincinnati but that hides the fact that bryce young was not comfortable at all in that game in the semi-final... bearcats have got 2 really good corners and some nice other prospects in the secondary but they havent got the front 7 talent georgia's got would be wild if georgia doesnt find a way to make young very uncomfortable in the pocket on monday night

LSURavenFan

Veteran
If the Ravens were to trade back, I think they would definitely consider Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd.

As it stands though, I don't see a LB being BPA in round 1.

In the 2nd/3rd round if he's available, I would pound the table for Damone Clark. His numbers were right up there and in some case better than Dean and Lloyd, he just played on a bad team so didn't get the notoriety.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If the Ravens were to trade back, I think they would definitely consider Nakobe Dean or Devin Lloyd.

As it stands though, I don't see a LB being BPA in round 1.

In the 2nd/3rd round if he's available, I would pound the table for Damone Clark. His numbers were right up there and in some case better than Dean and Lloyd, he just played on a bad team so didn't get the notoriety.

haha of course you like the LSU guy lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree that I want beavers on this team, I disagree on the Mosley comp. Benardrick McKinney is who comes to mind for me, he’s an off ball LB who very well might see himself switching to edge in the NFL, I would say parsons but he’s nowhere near the athlete. He’s just a natural football player though, I think he’s one of the safest prospects in this class

Tyler

Practice Squad
Christian Harris really popped for me when I was watching the National Title game. His ability to blitz at the LOS definitely fits what wink likes to do. I’d be happy to pair him with PQ if falls in the 2nd

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like Devin lloyd. He can play all over and has a nose for the ball. Never thought I'd call a linebacker a ball hawk but he is

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I personally think he’s LB2 and better than Dean

i keep seeing lots of people really high on him - and i like him - i just dont know that i see the same athleticism that everyone seems to talk about
i think it's probably fair to think his best football is probably still ahead of him (which despite georgia's amazing defence last year you can probably say that about the vast majority of their defensive players)

but when i see people get hyped about quay walker and what they say about him, it makes me think much more of damone clark than quay

dont get me wrong - i dont hate him - i guess i just dont see the eye-popping athleticism that his tape suggests he has - he's more smooth than explosive which obviously has value especially with regards to sideline-to-sideline range and he has lots of positive attributes but i see him as more of a late 2nd round/early 3rd round type of guy than the borderline 1st rounder i see some talk about

happy to be convinced otherwise - he's the kind of dude i really want to like a lot - was there any specific game that stood out to you? or a trait/skill that elevated him for you?