• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 13 Discussion (Other games)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not trying to steal JO’s thunder but didn’t see a thread and just wanted to comment, Ingram has more burst than I thought he did and now I wish we brought him back. Elliot doesn’t look that great this year.

Diggs is the closest player to Ed Reed that I can remember in a while

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Not trying to steal JO’s thunder but didn’t see a thread and just wanted to comment, Ingram has more burst than I thought he did and now I wish we brought him back. Elliot doesn’t look that great this year.

haha thanks for putting it up - i forgot to do it earlier when i noticed

This game was so meh to me, I just forgot about it lol. It does seems outside of Henry, every RB who got paid including Elliott hasn't been worth the contract they were given.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This game was so meh to me, I just forgot about it lol. It does seems outside of Henry, every RB who got paid including Elliott hasn't been worth the contract they were given.
I don't give a shit how boring the game is, we need to keep our routines going like a well-oiled machine, do you understand me? Good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

been an interesting year for RB value lol...

big RB contracts keep not being available
but also ravens (and a few other teams) finding out that RBs really do matter

so the riddle here is... you need RBs and the best RBs can really change and ignite your offence... but also you should not pay them big money

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So New Orleans sucks without a QB who knew lol. This league favors Quarterbacks so much that you can't compete without one, they were competitive with Winston but the fall from grace after he went down for the year is crazy.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
been an interesting year for RB value lol...

big RB contracts keep not being available
but also ravens (and a few other teams) finding out that RBs really do matter

so the riddle here is... you need RBs and the best RBs can really change and ignite your offence... but also you should not pay them big money
Right, which for me, is a pretty easy solution.
Every 3-4 years you draft a RB on day 2 of the draft. You let the guy who was doing it before contract expire, and you replace him with a draft pick. Rinse, repeat.
If Dobbins goes for 2,000 yards each year for the next two years, I'll be the very first guy in line telling you not to pay him.
Or, if you're going to pay him, miraculously find a way to get him to agree to a 2-3 year deal. OK with paying a RB who's 26-27. Not OK with 30. These 5-6 year contracts for RBs are just stupid.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Peters is also a turnover machine and his time in KC he gave up a lot of yardage in his first couple season also, like Diggs. I'm a fan of Diggs, but to compare him to Ed Reed. No, I don't think so.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The NFL this season has seen parity like no other season as the playoff battles in both conferences are as tight as one can be. Usually, we know who the favorites are for the Super Bowl but truthfully every team this year has had flaws that have made them vulnerable at one point or another this season. Let's dive into the unknown of Week 13 shall we...

Sunday 1PM Games
Buccaneers @ Falcons:
The Falcons bounced back against a lowly Jaguars team but look for a season split to the Bucs after losing the first matchup 48-25 back in week two. At 5-6, Atlanta finds themselves right in the thick of the NFC Wild Card picture along with six other five win teams in the NFC. Tampa is coming off a huge road win against the Colts as their quest for Home Field in the NFC continues. Atlanta has not won at home all year and look to knock off the defending Champs for their first home win of the season and stay alive in the close playoff race.

Cardinals @ Bears: The Arizona Cardinals come back fresh off their BYE to face a banged up Bears team needing a win in order for Matt Nagy to keep his job. Chicago has already ruled out DL Akiem Hicks & Mario Edwards Jr., WR Marquise Goodwin and RB Damien Williams with Andy Dalton once again starting in place of Justin Fields. With Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins on track to return on Sunday, Arizona is ready to hold firm at the top of the NFC.

Chargers @ Bengals: Since taking their respective quarterbacks in the 2020 Draft, both teams have built a solid foundation for a bright future with Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert at the helm. Cincinnati is coming off a beatdown of the Pittsburgh Steelers while the Chargers' loss to Denver continues to show their inconsistency week to week. Joe Mixon has had back to back 120+ yards rushing, 117 of them in just the first half against Pittsburgh last week, and is the last person the worst ranked run defense wants to see on Sunday. Cincinnati is playing great football on all accounts and look for that to continue on Sunday against the Chargers in a pivotal AFC playoff matchup.

Vikings @ Lions: It's been a heartbreaking season for the Lions who have found many ways of losing games this season, Dan Campbell just seems to be in way over his head when it comes to this coaching gig. The rah rah, bite some knee caps speeches can only go far if you are losing. The Vikings find themselves in the thick of the playoff race but will be without Dalvin Cook, OT Christian Darrisaw and Safety Camryn Bynum on Sunday. The Vikings look to move to 6-6 on the year and stay within the wild card race.

Giants @ Dolphins: Daniel Jones has already been ruled out and Mike Glennon will get the start for a Giants team that seems poised to be hitting the reset button in the offseason. Miami seems to be on the rise as they have won four straight games and are putting themselves back into the playoff race late in the season. The improvement of Tua Tagovailoa has been part of why Miami has won four straight and should end any chance of another QB acquisition in the offseason. With Miami hitting on all cylinders offensively and defensively, this is a trap game Miami must avoid in order to win their fifth straight.

Eagles @ Jets: The Philadelphia Eagles look to erase last week's loss to the Giants with a win on Sunday against the Jets. Jalen Hurts struggled last week in the loss to the Giants even though they have found something in the run game but need to stick with it in order to help Hurts. With an ankle injury potentially bothering Hurts, the Eagles may turn to Uncle Rico's incarnation in Gardner Minshew. Wilson meanwhile just seems to be loss in his rookie season, but most rookie quarterbacks have struggled given where they were drafted. Can Philly maintain their undefeated record against the Jets or will the Jets finally get their first ever win against the Eagles?

Colts @ Texans: Carson Wentz is returning to form, Jonathan Taylor has come around to show he is one of the best running backs in the league, and the Colts defense are first in turnovers with 27 on the year. Things seem to be clicking at the right time for the Colts who lost a close one to the Bucs last week. At 6-6, there is no margin for error if the Colts want to find a way to compete with the Titans in the AFC South and stay in the wild card hunt. Houston meanwhile just looks like a shell of their former self sitting at 2-9 heading for a top five draft pick come April.

4PM Late Games
Washington @ Raiders:
The Washington Football Team has won three straight games since their BYE week putting them only a couple games back of the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East. Taylor Heinicke's play is part of why Washington has won three straight games including knocking off the defending Super Bowl Champs. It is unknown if he can be the guy in Washington moving forward but he is getting the job done now and putting the team in position for a playoff push. Washington heads to Las Vegas to take on a banged up Raiders team who will be without Darren Waller, Patrick Onwuasor and star pass rusher Carl Nassib. Derek Carr said now is the time to start winning, and to keep up with the rest of the AFC West, they will need a win or risk falling behind.

Jaguars @ Rams: Matthew Stafford was supposed to be the one to get the Rams over the hump, they traded for Von Miller and added OBJ after he was cut by the Browns. Yet the Rams find themselves 7-4, the very same record they had with Jared Goff heading into Week 13 last season. The Rams need to get back in the win column desperately here as they can not let the 2021 Jacksonville Jaguars do what the 2020 New York Jets did last year in a trap game.

49ers @ Seahawks: Something is going on in Seattle, new reports that team Owner Jody Allen is not happy with the current situation. Did they rush Russell Wilson back too early? Is Russell and new OC Shane Waldron just not meshing? Regardless, this is quite a downturn from what we usually expect out of Seattle. The Seahawks are handing a top five pick that would have been quite useful to them to the New York Jets because of Jamal Adams. The 49ers meanwhile are slowly creeping back into the NFC Playoff picture as they seem to be gaining momentum at the right time. In a huge NFC West showdown, can the 49ers continue their winning ways or will Seattle get back on track with a win on Sunday?

Sunday Night Football
Broncos @ Chiefs:

Monday Night Football
Patriots @ Bills:
A huge divisional game between the Patriots & Bills awaits on Monday Night as the once again division leading New England Patriots head to Buffalo to take on the Bills. Things seemed quite easy for Buffalo as it seemed the Bills were destined to own the AFC East for the next decade, then along came Mac Jones. The NFL let him slip to New England and the league is paying for that sin now as the Patriots have won six straight games and find themselves in the running for home field advantage. Buffalo is riding high after a Thanksgiving win over the Saints but now find themselves once again chasing the Patriots.

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
@JO_75 , I'm blaming you if we lose tomorrow lol. You MUST be the initiator of these weekly other games thread in order for this to work. Momentum, sir, MOMENTUM!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
@JO_75 , I'm blaming you if we lose tomorrow lol. You MUST be the initiator of these weekly other games thread in order for this to work. Momentum, sir, MOMENTUM!

I have faith... we will win tomorrow. Lamar has overcome every obstacle people said he couldn't do. One of the last few items... best a Big Ben led Steelers team. Even if Tucker has to hit a field goal from halfway downtown Pittsburgh, we will win.

Who should we be rooting for tomorrow? Chargers I know because we need all the Bengals losses we can get down the stretch. Washington to beat the Raiders?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I have faith... we will win tomorrow. Lamar has overcome every obstacle people said he couldn't do. One of the last few items... best a Big Ben led Steelers team. Even if Tucker has to hit a field goal from halfway downtown Pittsburgh, we will win.

Who should we be rooting for tomorrow? Chargers I know because we need all the Bengals losses we can get down the stretch. Washington to beat the Raiders?
I'll have your Pit of Misery ticket waiting for you at the end of the game. As for teams to root, #BoltUp, #HTTR, #DoYourJob, and #ChiefsKingdom

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching RedZone always makes me thankful for Tucker. There's so many missed field goals and point afters.