• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Battling, The Injuries and More Injuries

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This team does not know how to quit. It would almost be easier if they did.

Lamar down. Who knows for how long.
Calais down. Who knows for how long.

And a bunch of other guys going down with various ailments - Westry's finger, Watkins hamstring, Wallace's concussion.

Some bright spots though:
Huntley's been really sharp as a backup but the 2 fumbles were costly.
Queen still playing well.
Bateman showed up.
Bowser continuing his high-level play.
Westry looked really smooth and comfortable on the outside.

We finally got an onside kick... and then couldn't do anything with it.

Hard to feel good about anything even with those brighter spots because of Lamar's injury (and the loss of course)

jboy19

Pro Bowler
For what it’s worth, I feel the team is performing at their ceiling with all these injuries. I just don’t think there’s enough talent to compete with or without Lamar.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
When we got the ball back after the onside kick, Roman's play calling was terrible. Just get the ball in Tucker's zone man.

Fucking pathetic.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don't know how this team continues to find a way to fight and almost win, but damn the never give up attitude just shows me this team would be dominant without the injuries. It sucks we lost Lamar, but that was a dirty play and hopefully that dude is suspended. I'm not really sure what happened on that last play but terrible play call there if that was the play call when we need six yards Roman. As a OC, it's your job to know the all out blitz is coming, bring in an extra blocker there, same mistake that cost us against Pittsburgh on the 2 point. Bring in an extra blocker, Watt is blocked and we get that 2 point and win. Same here, bring an extra blocker to give the play time to develop, Bateman is open for the first and boom Tucker range.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
How many Roman defenders do we have left on this board?

Im not a Roman defender, but with so many of the pieces that define the offense being out (Lamar, Ricard, Boyle) and the OL being a consistent exploitable issue, it’s not like he has a ton of plays on hand to work with.

So Huntley is really frustrating. Obviously a little limited deep, but made some amazing plays. However, when he gets out the pocket it's like he forgets he's playing football and just wanders around looking for an open guy until he gets whacked. They need to tape an airhorn to his helmet in practice that blasts him in the ears unless he's thrown the ball after 4 seconds.

Nurps

MVP
Im not a Roman defender, but with so many of the pieces that define the offense being out (Lamar, Ricard, Boyle) and the OL being a consistent exploitable issue, it’s not like he has a ton of plays on hand to work with.
That playbook gets smaller by the week.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
luckily the team left me much calmer with the 2nd time.
Beyond Huntley's expensive fumbles, the 2 was inexperience, it is the same fumble that lamar would have had, the first was not at fault.
We saw a lot of playcalling and passes that we asked for Roman and Lamar, especially in the fourth quarter, offensive without meeting short, fast passes, to the sides, diversifying wr.
it was just a matter of slow startup.
the defense well, started slowly and improved, in pressure and coverage.
we had some dubious calls from the umpires that put them on the run, westry suffered too much from the umpires.
a defeat never leaves you satisfied, but playing as the second half we are going to reach the playoff, it is still up to us.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know how this team continues to find a way to fight and almost win, but damn the never give up attitude just shows me this team would be dominant without the injuries. It sucks we lost Lamar, but that was a dirty play and hopefully that dude is suspended. I'm not really sure what happened on that last play but terrible play call there if that was the play call when we need six yards Roman. As a OC, it's your job to know the all out blitz is coming, bring in an extra blocker there, same mistake that cost us against Pittsburgh on the 2 point. Bring in an extra blocker, Watt is blocked and we get that 2 point and win. Same here, bring an extra blocker to give the play time to develop, Bateman is open for the first and boom Tucker range.
Roman's play calling when we got the ball back after the onside kick was unforgivable. Fire his ass.

I'm sure it's in reference to the 2-pt try.
I hope not because that's not analytics, it's basic adding up.

You're down 24-15. You need a TD and a field goal.

You're down 24-16. You need a TD and a field goal or a 2pt try.

You're down 24-17. You need a TD.

So you either go for 2 on one of your TDs or you might as well literally kneel. You definitely should do it on the first one because then you can adjust your gameplay to success or failure instead of playing blind.

This isn't analytics, It's elementary adding

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why was Huntley, in 3 Qtrs, able to surpass our PPG average of the last month? The injuries were still there , Roman was still there, and the Browns have the 2nd ranked sack leader in the NFL. Yet he played well. Had it not been for a boneheaded call by Harbs , would have had a shot to tie the game with a 2pt conversion as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Why was Huntley, in 3 Qtrs, able to surpass our PPG average of the last month? The injuries were still there , Roman was still there, and the Browns have the 2nd ranked sack leader in the NFL. Yet he played well. Had it not been for a boneheaded call by Harbs , would have had a shot to tie the game with a 2pt conversion as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not enough people are concerned about this imo