• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Battling, The Injuries and More Injuries

Too much time there though to go for 2 on your first one imo.. unless they planned on going for 2 both times
Why would they go for two both times? You go for two there because if you don't get it, you can factor in needing two scores to your tempo and playcalling. If you leave it until late to go for two, the game is over if you don't get it. Either way, you have to go for two sometime. So give yourself the advantage.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The funny thing about everyone shitting on Roman's 4th and 6 "call" (Huntley's hot route read) is that it's exactly what everyone has been screaming for to beat the blitz for weeks.

EXACTLY!!!

people begging us to call plays to beat cover-0
the browns blitz us with cover-0
we have the answer and use it...

defensive back makes a great play - that's all that happened there

but that play is the answer to cover-0 which is why ultimately the best answer to cover-0 is to not be behind the chains

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like RSR for the pessimism but saying Huntley is better than Lamar and Harbaugh sucks is insane

To be fair, Huntley trusted Bateman more and gives him chances to make plays on the ball 1v1. Lamar probably would’ve either threw to a double-team’d Andrews or held on to the ball, trying to elude..only to get sack.

Let’s be honest with ourselves.. Lamar haven’t been playing well this past couple of games.

I wouldn’t go that far to say Huntley better than Lamar though.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
Spot on, I loved how he gave his receivers a chance. Batemen was loving it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is what I have been asking lamar.
if huntley did this, imagine Lamar, but hey, you have to be interested in diversifying the plays, and not just benefiting your friends.
They have to understand that the more diverse the offense is, the more objectives for everyone, the better confrontations and the chances of winning.

EXACTLY!!!

people begging us to call plays to beat cover-0
the browns blitz us with cover-0
we have the answer and use it...

defensive back makes a great play - that's all that happened there

but that play is the answer to cover-0 which is why ultimately the best answer to cover-0 is to not be behind the chains
Other thing that's bugging me is that we saw a comeback with great play after great play, but apparently that's *all* Huntley/Bateman. Then one play fails and it's "fuck Roman, fire his ass". We call that confirmation bias in my work.

So Huntley is really frustrating. Obviously a little limited deep, but made some amazing plays. However, when he gets out the pocket it's like he forgets he's playing football and just wanders around looking for an open guy until he gets whacked. They need to tape an airhorn to his helmet in practice that blasts him in the ears unless he's thrown the ball after 4 seconds.
Yeah put one on Lamar’s helmet as well.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Other thing that's bugging me is that we saw a comeback with great play after great play, but apparently that's *all* Huntley/Bateman. Then one play fails and it's "fuck Roman, fire his ass". We call that confirmation bias in my work.

Roman called a good game after the first quarter. Only had two questionable plays after the first. That's my opinion at least.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Honestly the single most interesting thing to me is why did we not have a problem getting the snaps off on time at all with Huntley. We definitely saw that was still an issue with Lamar.

Did Roman attempt to simplify things a little bit and it inadvertently ended up being more successful?

You bring up a good point. And I try to remind myself of that. Like in the last game, Roman drew up a game winning play. The players failed to execute.

That said, I'm not a fan of Roman and I want him replaced. He's not able to take the league by surprise anymore.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
We went up against a relatively healthy browns team that have built a crazy roster by drafting from losing for years. They had an insane scheduling advantage, at home. They dirty tackled Lamar out of action. Most positions are on our 2nd, 3rd, 4th string players. Half our players were playing through some kind of niggle in a really physical game. We were down a crazy amount of points. The refs were so blatantly biased.

Everything was against us and yet we damn near won that one, frankly a bit embarrassing for the Browns. I'm really happy with how our reserve team performed, teams got heart!!!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Why would they go for two both times? You go for two there because if you don't get it, you can factor in needing two scores to your tempo and playcalling. If you leave it until late to go for two, the game is over if you don't get it. Either way, you have to go for two sometime. So give yourself the advantage.
Im saying only way i feel like that call is a good one is if we planned on going for 2 both times to win game.. other than that, it really wasnt a good call.. no way thats a good call bro like at all

If I'm putting a positive spin on things:

1. We learned that we can simplify the offense and raise the tempo with great effect. Change it up a little.

2. We learned that Bateman is legit, and if you get him, Brown and Andrews out there running routes and actually trust them then we might just jump-start this passing game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If I'm putting a positive spin on things:

1. We learned that we can simplify the offense and raise the tempo with great effect. Change it up a little.

2. We learned that Bateman is legit, and if you get him, Brown and Andrews out there running routes and actually trust them then we might just jump-start this passing game.
moral victory

TBH, I'd be fine missing the playoffs if Lamar Jackson was healthy at the end of the season rather than make the playoffs and know he would have to go under the knife and miss the offseason and possibly the beginning of the year. Know a sprained ankle won't do that to him, but a more severe injury would.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Honestly the single most interesting thing to me is why did we not have a problem getting the snaps off on time at all with Huntley. We definitely saw that was still an issue with Lamar.

Did Roman attempt to simplify things a little bit and it inadvertently ended up being more successful?
Its like our offense plays much better whenever we are down lol