• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Grit, The "C" Team and The Endless Bloody Injuries

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Feels like every week at the moment I end up having to note that this team literally does not know how to quit.

No DBs
No OTs
No RBs
No QB

and more guys dropping like flies during the game...

Coordinators did so well to adjust to the missing guys but ultimately couldn't quite overcome it. Roman called a really nice game especially for Huntley.

But I hate those stupid rollouts that Roman calls on 4th downs and 2 point conversions. And it feels like he calls them constantly in high leverage situations.

Really proud of this team. Really proud of their ability to fight.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
A+ performance by our team. Very very proud of the grit and determination of this Ravens team.
Huntley will get us a 2nd rounder or good trade to a team needing a QB.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
THIS is why I "prefer" getting blown out than these close losses. We would've had this division almost wrapped up if these 3 losses went our way. Literally three better thrown balls separates us from 8-6 to 11-3.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Even the girl selling pizza at the concession stand knew they would look for Andrews, especially with the rollout to his side. Dumb.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I don’t actually have an issue with one-read rollout plays in general, but this specific team in that specific situation, the Packers knew exactly where it was going.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Tbh I went to grab a drink for OT after they called the timeout because I thought they were just going to kick it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tbh I went to grab a drink for OT after they called the timeout because I thought they were just going to kick it.

i mean let's be real here - it wasnt going to overtime anyway

aaron rodgers with 40 seconds, a timeout and practice squad DBs to throw at...

and even if not - our defence wasnt stopping them scoring a TD in overtime anyway so we were at that point leaving it to a coin flip

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why the hell is Bateman not used? Is it on him? Because to me he’s a hell of a player

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was definitely the wrong call to go for 2. Call me an idiot, really don’t care because I know what the right plan was

Tank

Hall of Famer

and even if not - our defence wasnt stopping them scoring a TD in overtime anyway so we were at that point leaving it to a coin flip
IDK…..had just forced a 3 and out.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Why the hell is Bateman not used? Is it on him? Because to me he’s a hell of a player

it's on the offence right now - and what we saw last week with huntley throwing outside was because we were down 18 points and the only option he really had was to throw it downfield and hope

this week the offence stayed on schedule - we briefly went down 14 points but with plenty of time left - so never went into "fuck it - bombs away" mode

hollywood had 10 catches for 43 yards - this wasnt an offensive gameplan today that really had much for bateman to do

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Ok without belaboring the point, we all learned something today. Green Bay is likely the best or second best team in the league and they BARELY beat a Lamar Jacksonless JV squad Ravens team. Our team will play everyone tough no matter what the circumstances are. I was ready to write off the season, but there's not one scary team in the entire NFL. If this team can just stabilize on the injury front for once this season, I believe we make the playoffs and are a tough fight for anyone.

Lamar and Roman can learn a lot from the success that Roman and Huntley have had together the last few weeks.

Props to Huntley and Mark Andrews.

I'm glad that Wink altered his gameplan, but it wasn't super effective. It's not his fault though. It could have been worse.

Roman has shown repeatedly no Pavlovian response to those roll out to the right plays. When have they ever worked? Why are they considered the money situation go to? We still saw receivers running into each other or in the same space at least twice. I just lose more and more faith in him each week.

I know there are big time proanalytics guys on this board and I know Harbs is too. But what we're seeing is Harbs put the trust in Roman and his guys and for a little while now both sides have failed him. Not sure how you can get better in terms of execution, but I know for damn sure not to run the roll out right or the QB draw up the middle.

jboy19

Pro Bowler

You’re not wrong lol. But at this point I trust coin flip odds over 2pt conversion odds with these bad playcalls.