• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

SHAME (Or the Pound the Table Thread)

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Ok, so this is the thread started by @JoeyFlex5 on the old boards. I said I would screenshot it and we could revisit later (not sure if I got everything, though). Now that I have some free time, and the regular season is over, I might as well share what I have. I'll try to tag everyone who posted, and I apologize if you changed your name and I miss you.

I'll split it into two parts, to keep things from getting to crowded.

Credit to @rossihunter2 for the title.

Here we go:
View attachment 457
@JoeyFlex5

View attachment 458
@arnie_uk

View attachment 459
@jboy19

View attachment 460
@Terps

View attachment 461
@JoeyFlex5

View attachment 462
@rossihunter2

View attachment 463
@Ravensnation5220

View attachment 464
@JoeyFlex5

View attachment 465
@rossihunter2

View attachment 466
@Ravensnation5220

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was worried this was going to be full of shame but...

oh im so pleased that those are the players i pounded the table for:

corey davis really got going towards the end of the year in flashes
akhello witherspoon was a good-looking starter at outside corner (despite being supposedly more developmental)
carl lawson was absolutely on fire this year
juju was a game-wrecker

then on the worse side:

conley spent all bar 2 games this year injured (and obviously had the pre-draft incident - im not sure what happened with that afterwards)
basham did well at times rushing the passer but looked bad in run defence and was therefore stuck behind simon, mingo and sheard
moreau was likewise a bit of a victim of depth and a missed offseason due to injury - i imagine next year he will have a similar role as marlon did this year now that breeland likely leaves in free agency

and the two guys that i mentioned in my post but didnt actually choose (because it seemed a bit too obvious):
derek barnett has been unbelievably good and everything the eagles would have hoped for when drafting him
sidney jones spent the first 15 weeks on i/r and then played well in limited time but has since had an injury (potentially related to the initial injuries) take him out of the atlanta game and leaves him as doubtful (albeit he did practice fully later in the week) going into the vikings game

im very happy with my picks

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was spot on with all but feeney and twill, one due to injury the other due to possibly poor usage. /flex

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Notice sledge didn’t post in this thread. I didn’t either but I did post in the pound the table thread on this forum

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Anybody knows when was that original 'pound the table' thread posted on the old board? Just before the draft or earlier?