• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 17 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
LOL... Antonio Brown decided to stay in the NY/NJ area and is now in attendance at the Nets game.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
This depends on what you want. You want a shot at the playoffs if we beat the Steelers or the higher draft pick? Browns need to lose 1 of the next two and realistically they could lose both. With Cincy having a shot at home field plus no seeding locked in, they are playing all their starters next week for sure. Personally... I'm rooting for the whole Pittsburgh wins out, Jacksonville beats Indy then the Chargers-Raiders kneel for 70 minutes to end in a tie lol.

lol I saw that scenario. Ain’t no way haha

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This depends on what you want. You want a shot at the playoffs if we beat the Steelers or the higher draft pick? Browns need to lose 1 of the next two and realistically they could lose both. With Cincy having a shot at home field plus no seeding locked in, they are playing all their starters next week for sure. Personally... I'm rooting for the whole Pittsburgh wins out, Jacksonville beats Indy then the Chargers-Raiders kneel for 70 minutes to end in a tie lol.

our playoff chances need a browns loss either tonight or next week

our chance at a higher draft pick relies on the browns winning this week and next

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep.... Cleveland is getting another new quarterback next year. Baker is done, he is holding back a very talented Browns team.

man bakers so bad. It’s crazy how much he’s fallen. Think all the media / outside hate is getting under his skin. He needs that cocky bravado.

maybe it's the bad shoulder but looks like he cant put anything on his throws and when he does throw downfield or outside the ball is taking forever to get there

if im the browns i probably have to keep baker because his 5th year option salary is guaranteed and i might as well keep him (unless someone calls and offers me picks for him) - but they'll probably either have to take someone from this 2022 QB class or they'll have to look at free agents to at least add some competition for him in year 5

but if it wasnt clear already... OBJ is not a bad WR, Baker's a bad QB outside and downfield who couldn't get him the ball

probably wont be popular with browns fans but Jameis Winston would make a lot of sense on a short-term basis

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
He’s hurt, I would give him another year, he doesn’t have Burrow’s weapons

That, plus he’ll just be on his 5th year. So it’s still relatively cheap to retain him. I can see the browns draft a QB to sit a year while Baker plays it out

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He’s hurt, I would give him another year, he doesn’t have Burrow’s weapons

what weapon helps him though?

he had OBJ and couldnt get him the ball...
he still has Landry and can't get him the ball...
he's got DPJ and Hooper and Njoku...

and he's got Chubb and Hunt in the backfield - that's a pretty great situation (less good after they got rid of Odell but still pretty decent)