• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Mark Andrews, The Redzone Offence and ANOTHER Close Loss

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Whelp!

Another close loss. Rams stars overcame that deficit at the end and we had nothing to answer with.

Frustrating that we couldn't even give Justin Tucker a chance at the end to try and win it but that 2 minute offence is so limited without any vertical threat which Huntley doesn't give us.

More promising signs from our skill position guys and lots to hang our hat on with how competitive we've been even with the backups all over the field but...

We've lost 5 games in a row and 4 of those 5 have been lost by a total of 5 points. The difference just a few extra players could have made in those games is going to haunt us.

A season of horrifying "what ifs" continues.

Playoff chances now something like under 10%.

Man. What a heartbreaker. We had them, but just couldn't pound it in late and had to take the 3.

A real "what if" season for the ages. Unreal bad luck.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
More like "the reason Greg Roman should be fired" and "how shitty California is"

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Fucking that’s what it looks like to have one well coached but injured team and one team that’s largely healthy with star talent

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fucking that’s what it looks like to have one well coached but injured team and one team that’s largely healthy with star talent

That offense is not "well coached" lmao

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Honestly I'm not really mad about this game. They played really well but penalties in crucial moments really hurt them in the end.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Defense did really well considering we only had 1 actual NFL-caliber DB who made enough plays for us to win the game if we had another OC.
Overall we played as good as it gets given the talent we had.

Here's one example why I'm done with Roman:
2nd and goal at the 2 yard line. When you have a young QB, you break the huddle with more than 12-15 seconds in clutch moments. But not a Greg Roman led offense. 8 seconds, rams called all out run defense. We don't have enough time, rams are in the backfield right after the snap and we lose yards.
I know defenses make plays, but Roman crumbles under pressure every time.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
COACHING : A BIG FUCKING F! Why arent we calling a time out on 3rd down and goal play??? Instead we take a delay of game penalty.

I and everybody fucking else knew we needed a td there to win! Dumb fucking coaches.

Typical Wink 4th quarter meltdown too. Ive seen the years old trend. It's pathetic.

I know we are missing a lot of pieces on both sides but damn I am more pissed that the D never gets the stop we need. We are the worst team in giving up massive yardage.. The same bend and break D. And what is up with our guys with the damn almost sacks...

Wish we were blown out and not keep losing by 1 or 2 pts.. kind of makes it easier to take.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Whelp!

Another close loss. Rams stars overcame that deficit at the end and we had nothing to answer with.

Frustrating that we couldn't even give Justin Tucker a chance at the end to try and win it but that 2 minute offence is so limited without any vertical threat which Huntley doesn't give us.

More promising signs from our skill position guys and lots to hang our hat on with how competitive we've been even with the backups all over the field but...

We've lost 5 games in a row and 4 of those 5 have been lost by a total of 5 points. The difference just a few extra players could have made in those games is going to haunt us.

A season of horrifying "what ifs" continues.

Playoff chances now something like under 10%.

This straight up feels like 2015 Ravens.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm typically not a blame the coaching guy, and there's nothing saying the result would have been different, but the in-game management was dreadful this game. The fact that no coach was there to bail Huntley out on a critical play with the play clock at like 2 seconds is ridiculous. And then letting the clock run with the Rams in the red zone took another 45 seconds off the clock that we could have used.

Thought Huntley started off well and then regressed heavily once the pressure started getting to him. As I've said before, he just doesn't have NFL level arm strength and today that really showed with us being unable to use the sidelines in crunch time.

This team continues to fight though. Just not good enough.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
This straight up feels like 2015 Ravens.

Except we don't have the high draft pick coming to us. So we're basically in purgatory with this entire season. Too good for a top pick, too bad to make the playoffs. More like the 2013 Ravens

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
If you're blaming the defense, you're an idiot. And I mean that sincerely.

The defense got THREE turnovers and the defense outscored the offense off of those turnovers.

The Ravens scored 12 offensive points.

I know people have been frustrated with Lamar and how he played recently, but Lamar led offenses were averaging over 28 points a game.

12 points is unacceptable when you force three turnovers.