• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

Playoffs or not, we need to win. I can’t handle a sweep by the Steelers. I can think of nothing better than Lamar coming back and crushing Ben in his final game. Draft picks be damned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lamar is 2-4 against the stillers. In those 2 wins Big Jen did not play either game, so it would be totally proper for Lamar to play, and play big.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Playoffs or not, we need to win. I can’t handle a sweep by the Steelers. I can think of nothing better than Lamar coming back and crushing Ben in his final game. Draft picks be damned

Unless the stars align and we are somehow still in this thing, there's no way they trot out a not quite healed Lamar and risk aggravating it for a Steelers team that are going to be playing extra physical for Ben's last game.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Unless the stars align and we are somehow still in this thing, there's no way they trot out a not quite healed Lamar and risk aggravating it for a Steelers team that are going to be playing extra physical for Ben's last game.
Having not really practiced in several weeks, I'll be surprised if he's out there on Sunday.

Simba

Staff Member

I'd imagine they aren't going to push anyone that isn't 100% for a slight chance at this thing. If you're healthy, you're gonna play and fight hard just in case. If you're dealing with something, there's really not a sense in pushing them. Would be hard pressed to believe we lay down and call it over but I think we also know our most likely reality.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I see no chance of us playing Lamar this game and I could really care less. This rivalry has been losing steam recently. Joe Burrow and the Bengals are my new rising hatred. Lets just get out of this season without another injury and if we happen to beat the steelers, so be it. This is certainly not a game I'm foaming at the mouth for like in years past. It our 4th stringers vs the ghost of Big Ben. Yippie.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I see no chance of us playing Lamar this game and I could really care less. This rivalry has been losing steam recently. Joe Burrow and the Bengals are my new rising hatred. Lets just get out of this season without another injury and if we happen to beat the steelers, so be it. This is certainly not a game I'm foaming at the mouth for like in years past. It our 4th stringers vs the ghost of Big Ben. Yippie.

The Ravens dropped 5 games in a row. Now, Big Ben (who may retire) is coming to town. As the late great John Madden would say:

200w.gif

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

I expect the best players available will play. Including Lamar if capable , even at less than 100%. We are not the type of organization that phones it in. Just not in our leadership’s DNA. Harbs is way to competitive and players surely don’t care about the fans discussions of rest or draft picks. We’ll just have to see how or if he practices. The only way Lamar sits is if Harbs feels the current injury is still limiting him to the point we’re Huntley will be more effective. The whole “ save him for next year” talk is fan nonsense.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I expect the best players available will play. Including Lamar if capable , even at less than 100%. We are not the type of organization that phones it in. Just not in our leadership’s DNA. Harbs is way to competitive and players surely don’t care about the fans discussions of rest or draft picks. We’ll just have to see how or if he practices. The only way Lamar sits is if Harbs feels the current injury is still limiting him to the point we’re Huntley will be more effective. The whole “ save him for next year” talk is fan nonsense.

I don't think they'd intentionally hold him out if healthy. However, there's a 0% chance he's fully healthy for this game, and if he's like 60-70%, I think they'll sit him. Likely a combination of him at 60-70% being about the same as Huntley, and taking into account the risk of future injury.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Probably a moot point to look ahead, but while I'd like to make the playoffs, I'd also like to see us have a realistic shot to advance if we do. And I'm looking at a first round road game against Mahomes, Burrow, or Allen, and I don't see many paths to victory there, with or without Lamar.

Simba

Staff Member
Probably a moot point to look ahead, but while I'd like to make the playoffs, I'd also like to see us have a realistic shot to advance if we do. And I'm looking at a first round road game against Mahomes, Burrow, or Allen, and I don't see many paths to victory there, with or without Lamar.

Nor do I, but gotta remember that all it takes is one positive Covid test or symptoms on a Saturday or Sunday morning for one of those guys. Everyone is beatable this year even if for solely off the field reasons. Likelihood is still extremely low but you never know in our current climate.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

thread mostly looking at the potential draft positions we end up with based on various outcomes...

but basically if we lose we're looking at 13th-16th spot in the draft

and if the browns lose tonight that becomes 14th-16th

I’d take a top 15 pick lol

Simba

Staff Member

thread mostly looking at the potential draft positions we end up with based on various outcomes...

but basically if we lose we're looking at 13th-16th spot in the draft

and if the browns lose tonight that becomes 14th-16th

If we could end up at 14 or so, that'd be great. I know EDC has stated that the goal is to add rookie contracts when Lamar gets his deal, but it also really opens up the possibility of moving up into the top 10 range if someone we like is dropping. We've accumulated so many picks in the top 4 rounds that it wouldn't be too difficult to do so for a premiere talent should one be available.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know it sucks to end the season with a 6 game losing-streak, but we should look on the bright side and be happy that this will be Roman's last game. ^_^

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nor do I, but gotta remember that all it takes is one positive Covid test or symptoms on a Saturday or Sunday morning for one of those guys. Everyone is beatable this year even if for solely off the field reasons. Likelihood is still extremely low but you never know in our current climate.

Lol your not wrong , but it’s funny to think that our path to the SB game plan is based around other teams getting COVID.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we could end up at 14 or so, that'd be great. I know EDC has stated that the goal is to add rookie contracts when Lamar gets his deal, but it also really opens up the possibility of moving up into the top 10 range if someone we like is dropping. We've accumulated so many picks in the top 4 rounds that it wouldn't be too difficult to do so for a premiere talent should one be available.
That just doesn’t feel like a decosta move. Can’t imagine anyone except for thibodeaux would warrant such a big move up and he’s not gonna fall. Kyle Hamilton could fall into range but I’d be shocked if a safety of all positions gets Eric to bite. Seems like edge, OT, WR, QB, and CB are the trade up positions and I can’t imagine Eric wouldn’t follow that when talking about going from 14 to top 10 which is a major move

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lol your not wrong , but it’s funny to think that our path to the SB game plan is based around other teams getting COVID.

Would be nice for another team to try to win with the same horseshit we’ve had to deal with though

Simba

Staff Member
That just doesn’t feel like a decosta move. Can’t imagine anyone except for thibodeaux would warrant such a big move up and he’s not gonna fall. Kyle Hamilton could fall into range but I’d be shocked if a safety of all positions gets Eric to bite. Seems like edge, OT, WR, QB, and CB are the trade up positions and I can’t imagine Eric wouldn’t follow that when talking about going from 14 to top 10 which is a major move

It's January. We have no idea how it's going to play out. Not saying we're going to do it by any means but it keeps the possibility open and a bit more realistic should someone slide down.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
totally agree, we are more likely to trade down