• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Steelers

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
In honor of the late great Al Davis.....Just Win, Baby

Let’s bring back all the Ravens/ Steelers greats for this game and have them
on sideline. Lewis, Suggs, Bart Scott,ngata, Yanda and Jacoby. That would get the stadium energy through the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simba

Staff Member
Lol your not wrong , but it’s funny to think that our path to the SB game plan is based around other teams getting COVID.

I don't disagree lol. I feel like generally, you know which teams are going to fall out of the race, but the outside factors in the current climate make it anyones game on any given week. I'll never count on it but you never know what can happen. We've seen teams get overrun by Covid already. What's to say it won't happen during an important week? Can't win anything if you're not in though.

Unless the stars align and we are somehow still in this thing, there's no way they trot out a not quite healed Lamar and risk aggravating it for a Steelers team that are going to be playing extra physical for Ben's last game.
If there’s no shot at a playoff spot there’s no way he plays. And even if there is still a chance, unless he’s 100% there’s still no chance Lamar plays. But it would be nice to see Lamar have a career day and send the Jen to his zen, so to speak, with a big fat L. Lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Let’s bring back all the Ravens/ Steelers greats for this game and have them
on sideline. Lewis, Suggs, Bart Scott,ngata, Yanda and Jacoby. That would get the stadium energy through the roof.

They should be active!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I know it sucks to end the season with a 6 game losing-streak, but we should look on the bright side and be happy that this will be Roman's last game. ^_^
Exactly my thought which is why I won’t be mad if we lose. Sorry y’all, but desperate times

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we could end up at 14 or so, that'd be great. I know EDC has stated that the goal is to add rookie contracts when Lamar gets his deal, but it also really opens up the possibility of moving up into the top 10 range if someone we like is dropping. We've accumulated so many picks in the top 4 rounds that it wouldn't be too difficult to do so for a premiere talent should one be available.

14 is fairly attainable - a dolphins win and a saints win and a ravens loss get us to 14 - dolphins out of the playoffs vs a pats team that's in and has something to play for might be a little far-fetched but the dolphins have a decent team, are coached well and flores is a former pat so not out of the realm of possibilities that he takes some pride in ruining mac jones for a day... saints are in the playoff hunt vs a falcons team that isnt so that's also got a decent chance

worst case if we lose is that the browns lose either tonight or next week, the saints lose, the dolphins lose and then we end up at 16

my guess is that the most likely outcome is us ending up with the 15th pick if we lose

no way i see us trading up though - not something we're ever likely to do in the 1st round unless it's for a QB... and just looking at the draft class right now it looks like it's deep at the top so highly likely we can find a premier talent at 15 equivalent to what we might get at 10 anyway

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That just doesn’t feel like a decosta move. Can’t imagine anyone except for thibodeaux would warrant such a big move up and he’s not gonna fall. Kyle Hamilton could fall into range but I’d be shocked if a safety of all positions gets Eric to bite. Seems like edge, OT, WR, QB, and CB are the trade up positions and I can’t imagine Eric wouldn’t follow that when talking about going from 14 to top 10 which is a major move

he literally said in the 2020 draft presser that the only guy he'd maybe consider mortgaging a draft for (or trading picks to move up) would be if chase young was somehow falling and available

so yeah would have to be a truly elite talent at a high value position to make him even jokingly consider pulling the trigger

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It's January. We have no idea how it's going to play out. Not saying we're going to do it by any means but it keeps the possibility open and a bit more realistic should someone slide down.

for sure not ruling it out completely - but would be very unlike EDC and the organisation in general to trade up to go get someone - even back when ozzie was in charge during the flacco draft it was Bisciotti who convinced them to give up some picks to make sure they got their guy

Simba

Staff Member
for sure not ruling it out completely - but would be very unlike EDC and the organisation in general to trade up to go get someone - even back when ozzie was in charge during the flacco draft it was Bisciotti who convinced them to give up some picks to make sure they got their guy

Just want to clarify that I'm not talking about some major draft capital move here. Like, if a guy fell to 9 or 10 and we had him rated as a premiere, top 5 type of guy, it makes the move up much more tenable if we wanted to give it a shot. I have strong doubts we'd move into like the 5 or 6 range.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just want to clarify that I'm not talking about some major draft capital move here. Like, if a guy fell to 9 or 10 and we had him rated as a premiere, top 5 type of guy, it makes the move up much more tenable if we wanted to give it a shot. I have strong doubts we'd move into like the 5 or 6 range.

sure i get you - i just think they're likely to avoid those sorts of trades because the capital involved is often inflated even in smaller moves (which is why there's so much extra value in trading down)

and especially in 2022 because i imagine (just looking at it right now) that there's probably going to be a lot of differences in opinion about who the 5th-18th (ish) best players are which means its somewhat likely that a guy the ravens like a lot would fall in that sort of range

Simba

Staff Member
sure i get you - i just think they're likely to avoid those sorts of trades because the capital involved is often inflated even in smaller moves (which is why there's so much extra value in trading down)

and especially in 2022 because i imagine (just looking at it right now) that there's probably going to be a lot of differences in opinion about who the 5th-18th (ish) best players are which means its somewhat likely that a guy the ravens like a lot would fall in that sort of range

I don't disagree. Just more that it helps keep that possibility open should the cards fall in our favor.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nor do I, but gotta remember that all it takes is one positive Covid test or symptoms on a Saturday or Sunday morning for one of those guys. Everyone is beatable this year even if for solely off the field reasons. Likelihood is still extremely low but you never know in our current climate.

That's all wishful thinking to me at this point. They need to beat the Steelers and then need a bit of help from other teams and those scenarios don't tend to turn out too well. I believe the Ravens are finished for the season.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That’s a massive move up

Simba

Staff Member
That’s a massive move up

It's really not though. I know the trade chart isn't the end all be all but a 3rd and a 4th gets you up there. Sounds steep but remember we're talking about a guy they have rated top 5 falling in this scenario.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
They should be active!

Make it happen, tag everyone on Twitter , start the movement…… unfortunately I’m useless as I don’t have Twitter.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor