• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Flex's "non-personal" mock

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
What I saw of ragnow compared to the other interior OL of that stage of the draft, makes me think he should be available around there. He's got weaknesses that need to be improved, and he's a powerhouse in college but like Ethan pocic his base/anchor could be exploited at the next level with him being so tall.

They could, but so many qbs are gonna go in the top half of the first that it's gonna leave a lot of teams to reach in the mid rounds. With a first like this I think guys like falk, Rudolph, stidham, benkert, etc. are all gonna go day 2, before the ravens are willing to take one.

I don't see any qbs later on that catch my eye.
Ragnow, except for the fact that he's tall has nothing to do with Pocic. He's a much much better prospect.
I've been thinking a lot of the same approach, mock draft-wise. Would not surprise me to see Gallop go round two.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ragnow, except for the fact that he's tall has nothing to do with Pocic. He's a much much better prospect.
I've been thinking a lot of the same approach, mock draft-wise. Would not surprise me to see Gallop go round two.
I disagree, pocic was very technically sound and athletic, ragnow, from what I've seen, needs to improve greatly on his footwork. He plays with his feet planted

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I disagree, pocic was very technically sound and athletic, ragnow, from what I've seen, needs to improve greatly on his footwork. He plays with his feet planted
Pocic got pushed around alot. Bullied at times. No where near Ragnow as I see it in either the run game or in pass protection.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Pocic got pushed around alot. Bullied at times. No where near Ragnow as I see it in either the run game or in pass protection.
Ragnow is much stronger but he has poor footwork, and he isn't stocky like Jensen so he can't afford to have bad footwork at the next level.

Maybe Alex Lewis was a bette comp. Lewis is strong but he's tall with below average leverage and strength combo, and his slow feet make for a worrying pair

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd like to get a better player with our 3rd comp pick. I'm just not sold on Ragnow. I can see him struggling in the NFL.

Aside from that, I like it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd like to get a better player with our 3rd comp pick. I'm just not sold on Ragnow. I can see him struggling in the NFL.

Aside from that, I like it.
weird, everyone else on this thread seems to think ragnow has no chance of being there and that hes a godsend lol.

i think hes got great upside, and would be excellent depth in a worst case scenario, he can play any interior spot and with coaching he may be able to play RT with his length.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
You think Mcglinchey has an elite kick step? I think his biggest problem are his slow feet in pass protection. He gets beat outside more often than id like but hes probably the most seasoned tackle prospect in this draft. I have no questions about him being a day 1 starter and thats what you want out of a 1st round pick. Nice mock joey

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
weird, everyone else on this thread seems to think ragnow has no chance of being there and that hes a godsend lol.

i think hes got great upside, and would be excellent depth in a worst case scenario, he can play any interior spot and with coaching he may be able to play RT with his length.
Seeing a tall guard with iffy footwork that relies on power just worries me at the NFL level. He's not going to be able to bully NFL DTs with just pure strength.

arnie_uk

Veteran
In your mock, where are cousins keenum bradford and Bridgewater playing. Im assuming Arizona and buffalo for 2 of them anyway?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seeing a tall guard with iffy footwork that relies on power just worries me at the NFL level. He's not going to be able to bully NFL DTs with just pure strength.
Lol that is practically word for word how I'm explaining to people that I think he'll be available at this point

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
In your mock, where are cousins keenum bradford and Bridgewater playing. Im assuming Arizona and buffalo for 2 of them anyway?
I don't usually involve FA in my mock til FA is very close, so this is more a matter of first round qbs going early and teams like those being patient and waiting til round 2 for a qb

arnie_uk

Veteran
I don't usually involve FA in my mock til FA is very close, so this is more a matter of first round qbs going early and teams like those being patient and waiting til round 2 for a qb
Well i mean you have wash drafting a qb so obviously cousins isnt there, so he has to be somewhere? You can't not factor cousins, as probably the premiere free agent, into a full draft scenario.

You have to make an assumption as to where he's playing to do one of these.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well i mean you have wash drafting a qb so obviously cousins isnt there, so he has to be somewhere? You can't not factor cousins, as probably the premiere free agent, into a full draft scenario.

You have to make an assumption as to where he's playing to do one of these.
But he is literally a FA after this year. AZ and Buf scenarios require a signing, the redskins scenario requires them to literally do nothing, and if past history is any indicator then they aren't committed long term to cousins.

But if it appeases you, sure, Arizona and buffalo signed a qb, maybe it was cousins.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
if we get mike mcglinchey i legitimately wouldnt care who we picked in the rest of the draft lol...

he's one of my dream picks... nelson, mcglinchey, fitzpatrick, ridley... if we got 1 of those 4 in the first round id be buzzed off my tits
I would agree on your four picks. They are my top choices at 16 and I think one is going to fall to us. I know every mock has Nelson gone before we pick, however I think there is a slight chance he could fall.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I would agree on your four picks. They are my top choices at 16 and I think one is going to fall to us. I know every mock has Nelson gone before we pick, however I think there is a slight chance he could fall.
If Nelson gets picked up before us that'd be the first time since 1992 a pure guard's gone that high, with the exception of Jonathan Cooper and Chance Warmack in that godawful 2013 class. I also wouldn't be surprised to see McGlinchey go higher than Nelson when it's all said and done because teams are more eager to pull the trigger on a franchise LT than a franchise OG (three tackles went before those OGs in 2013) as well as guys like Ridley. And DeCastro got similar plaudits to Nelson back in 2012 and ended up going at 24.

With that said, I just can't bring myself to watch Quenton Nelson tape anymore, because every time I do I feel like he's going in the top 10 and it just makes me sad. The Bears just brought in Harry Hiestand as OL coach (he was the Notre Dame OL coach since 2012), so I feel like that's another potential landing spot for him.

arnie_uk

Veteran
But he is literally a FA after this year. AZ and Buf scenarios require a signing, the redskins scenario requires them to literally do nothing, and if past history is any indicator then they aren't committed long term to cousins.

But if it appeases you, sure, Arizona and buffalo signed a qb, maybe it was cousins.
Yea but kirk cousins signing wherever he signs before the draft will have a massive effect on the qbs and how they fall.

Cleveland could sign him for example which in turn could mean they trade out of pick 1..

I think he needs to be factored in full mock drafts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yea but kirk cousins signing wherever he signs before the draft will have a massive effect on the qbs and how they fall.

Cleveland could sign him for example which in turn could mean they trade out of pick 1..

I think he needs to be factored in full mock drafts
Only reason I mock the full first round is to justify my pick being available. This isn't meant to be some NFL wide mock offseason. It's still 2 months out from FA and 4 months out from the draft.

Can you stop telling me how shit needs to be done? I do every mock like this, and literally this is the only time someone has complained that I didn't focus on another teams FA process.

I'll adjust the shit once FA happens to account for the signings as any sane person would.