• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Might not have been lucky enough to draft Lamar here but no damn TEs were catching the ball on us at least lol

f2a.png

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here’s my thing with it all. Most of us here are not math wizards. We probably could have restructured a lot of players to save on cap room had we been able to figure out the formula. It’s probably pretty simple and I’m the only one who couldn’t figure it out, but I think restructures could have happened for many teams had we just known how

Simba

Staff Member
Here’s my thing with it all. Most of us here are not math wizards. We probably could have restructured a lot of players to save on cap room had we been able to figure out the formula. It’s probably pretty simple and I’m the only one who couldn’t figure it out, but I think restructures could have happened for many teams had we just known how

It's never been about not knowing how. It's been about not enabling teams to create tons of cap space and throw FA all out of whack and things like that. We know it's a process that happens in real life but there have to be some limits for a 1 year game. There are no future ramifications in a 1 year game as there are in real life with restructuring.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's never been about not knowing how. It's been about not enabling teams to create tons of cap space and throw FA all out of whack and things like that. We know it's a process that happens in real life but there have to be some limits for a 1 year game. There are no future ramifications in a 1 year game as there are in real life with restructuring.

This is very true.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

sure - and we just saw the saints abusing the restructuring mechanic in real life
but because this is a 1 year game that resets every year, everyone would just restructure their entire team to the maximum amount to create the maximum amount of cap space as possible every year and then the game just becomes a farce of funny money everywhere lol (which it used to often be anyway)

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
sure - and we just saw the saints abusing the restructuring mechanic in real life
but because this is a 1 year game that resets every year, everyone would just restructure their entire team to the maximum amount to create the maximum amount of cap space as possible every year and then the game just becomes a farce of funny money everywhere lol (which it used to often be anyway)

Got it man. Makes sense now. I wasn’t even commenting on the one player rule, I was saying in general.

Simba

Staff Member
Got it man. Makes sense now. I wasn’t even commenting on the one player rule, I was saying in general.

It would really just inflate prices overall so wouldn't really change much. Guys are definitely going cheaper this year due to the lack of GMs participating in the whole game and things like that, but we've seen teams blow tons of cap in FA in the past... Jaguars style. If everyone had that ability, they'd probably be in the same competition.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I can help you with the formulas if you need it. The numbers were confusing for me at first too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just a heads up. Please make sure you State of the Franchise is updated with all signings, trades and compensatory picks.