• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Everybody’s favorite pick

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He was so damn fun to watch. He literally almost gets parallel to the ground lol he bascally defies the laws of gravity when he bends around the edge. Words can not describe how bad I wanted him on our team. The whole draft was soured for me when he was taken right before we were up.

id prepared myself for the disappointment pre-draft when i assumed he'd go 9th or 10th or 11th or 13th but for him to get within 2 picks killed me

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I'll admit I didn't like Barnett at first, his sophomore and junior years, it was only once college season ended I began to like him and he became my favorite prospect to watch literally ever.

I was so fascinated at his bending ability, it's possibly the best I've ever seen from a college player, and for a guy so big and strong it's even more impressive. The angle he takes when he shoulder dips is just absurd, only player I've seen who gets as low as Barnett on the shoulder dip is Demarcus ware.

Rob Quinn. His bend is awesome for a big 6’4 265lb edge rusher. Watch his college tape. A Demarcus Ware Clone. Could be a gameplan destroyer on ravens schemes

Last edited:

UKRaven

Practice Squad
In the last two years my top choice in the 1st...my guy each time was Jalen Ramsey and Derek Barnett

Both were guys that were in our draft range and I was gutted both times! With the Ramsey one, knowing what Dallas wanted for the trade I just couldn't believe we didn't do it! Generational talent and he was right there.

And with Barnett, I didn't actually think he would fall to 16, but as the draft went on it was like pick 12 or 13 and I was thinking...its happening!

For the record, Love Stanley and Humphrey as players

Also recently, couldn't believe we had Myles Jack fall into our laps with our 2nd pick, and trade back. No hindsight needed on that one it was a bad call regardless of injuries he was worth that pick

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My bad. Yep greg. Not even sure if he plays tackle anymore

he doesnt really play any spot anymore - teams look at him as the number 2 pick and think there's something salvageable there but under the radar he's an enormous bust

the rams moved him to guard and then to right tackle and then traded him for a 6th round pick to the lions who tried him as a replacement for injury and then they waived him injured midseason...

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
In the last two years my top choice in the 1st...my guy each time was Jalen Ramsey and Derek Barnett

Both were guys that were in our draft range and I was gutted both times! With the Ramsey one, knowing what Dallas wanted for the trade I just couldn't believe we didn't do it! Generational talent and he was right there.

And with Barnett, I didn't actually think he would fall to 16, but as the draft went on it was like pick 12 or 13 and I was thinking...its happening!

For the record, Love Stanley and Humphrey as players

Also recently, couldn't believe we had Myles Jack fall into our laps with our 2nd pick, and trade back. No hindsight needed on that one it was a bad call regardless of injuries he was worth that pick
I wanted to throw my remote through the tv when we traded back.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wanted to throw my remote through the tv when we traded back.
I was pissed when they traded the second time, I just KNEW they were after spence, who I was pretty big on(not pound the table big, but thought he filled a need in a good way), and then they fucking traded back again and my jaw just dropped. I wanted Michael Thomas or spence there, but I thought we wouldn't touch Thomas because he's just not the kinda wr the ravens draft high. I just still can't believe we took correa. Contrary to @Sledge Hammer 's beliefs I really didn't like the pick and it pissed me off quite a bit.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I was pissed when they traded the second time, I just KNEW they were after spence, who I was pretty big on(not pound the table big, but thought he filled a need in a good way), and then they fucking traded back again and my jaw just dropped. I wanted Michael Thomas or spence there, but I thought we wouldn't touch Thomas because he's just not the kinda wr the ravens draft high. I just still can't believe we took correa. Contrary to @Sledge Hammer 's beliefs I really didn't like the pick and it pissed me off quite a bit.
I hated the pick and the second trade back almost made me as mad as the first one.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's very rare for me to have this impression but my honest first reaction when i saw that kamalei correa was the pick was "who?"

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it's very rare for me to have this impression but my honest first reaction when i saw that kamalei correa was the pick was "who?"
I had watched him, I loved his first step, speed, and motor. He really played with some fire and he had the best first step of his class believe it or not. He even did well flexed out to the slot in man coverage. But he had zero disengage, weak anticipation and reaction time, and was basically a fast hustle player and I liked his potential but didn't like him for us and definitely not anywhere near where we were picking.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I had watched him, I loved his first step, speed, and motor. He really played with some fire and he had the best first step of his class believe it or not. He even did well flexed out to the slot in man coverage. But he had zero disengage, weak anticipation and reaction time, and was basically a fast hustle player and I liked his potential but didn't like him for us and definitely not anywhere near where we were picking.
Timmy Williams' first step was better.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Would love Timmy Williams and Rob Quinn as our rush linebackers this year. Then draft Roquan Smith at 16. Would be the most explosive set of linebackers the league has seen in a while. With C.J. Slowsley as the weak link but solid overall. With Tim n Rob closing in and Roquan up the middle next season. enjoy your ring this year Brady.

stampedehero

Practice Squad
No doubt Gronk was the steal of any draft. We screwed up by acquiring Redman for QB imo.