• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Potential Hall of Famers

Tru11

Practice Squad
Koch is great, but I don't see him getting into the hall. Punters don't really get those type of career rewards.

Come to think about it, are there any punters in the hall? Like, pure punters. Not old school guys that played punter and another position.

Ray guy the only person and had to wait quite a while....

Tru11

Practice Squad
They should really think about doing a separate vote for the special teams players that could make the HOF. Koch is literally inventing new ways to punt and he'll probably never get considered.

Its not game changing enough though.
K at least score points and can decide games.

Its not really an impactfull position sadly.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Koch is great, but I don't see him getting into the hall. Punters don't really get those type of career rewards.

Come to think about it, are there any punters in the hall? Like, pure punters. Not old school guys that played punter and another position.
Ray Guy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
They should really think about doing a separate vote for the special teams players that could make the HOF. Koch is literally inventing new ways to punt and he'll probably never get considered.
I agree, There are a lot of guys who mainly played special teams and played it well. Guy was the best but as you said, Koch is literally changing the game for punters now.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Let us not forget how Koch wasted valuable time at the end our last Super Bowl to basically ice the game. I'd say he helped decide that game...

In any case, when you have a punter like Koch who can consistently help pin opponents near their goal-line and/or prevent any big returns from happening just by the way he kicks the ball (since the returners are more worried about just securing the catch, at that point), I'd say he has a pretty solid impact on our games. I'll never argue that's it got more influence over any other position, but it shouldn't be ignored either (which is exactly what the voters for the HOF are doing).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Let us not forget how Koch wasted valuable time at the end our last Super Bowl to basically ice the game. I'd say he helped decide that game...

In any case, when you have a punter like Koch who can consistently help pin opponents near their goal-line and/or prevent any big returns from happening just by the way he kicks the ball (since the returners are more worried about just securing the catch, at that point), I'd say he has a pretty solid impact on our games. I'll never argue that's it got more influence over any other position, but it shouldn't be ignored either (which is exactly what the voters for the HOF are doing).

first half of last year when our offence couldnt move the ball and we were playing field position Koch might have been our most valuable offensive weapon lol - there were times early in the year when i legitimately considered (jokingly of course) that we should just punt on like 2nd or 3rd down

Tru11

Practice Squad

Anyone could have done that.
Lets not make it more then it actually was.

Koch is not breaking records or redefining how the position should be played.
Heck he aint even getting any pro bowls.
He is not leading the league in any categories or things like that.
Never made an allpro.
Only 3 player of the week in his career.

Dude has been solid and looks like a candidate for the ravens ring of honor but the HOF is not even close.

Ray Guy is the standard for any P and nobody has come close .

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

Never made an allpro.
Only 3 player of the week in his career.

Dude has been solid and looks like a candidate for the ravens ring of honor but the HOF is not even close.

Ray Guy is the standard for any P and nobody has come close .
If you do not know what you are talking about, please don't speak on the matter. There are so many things wrong with these two posts.
1) You don't think Punters impact the games? Do you watch football? Field position is one of the biggest factors in a football game and guess who has the biggest impact on that? Yep, punters.
2)Koch led the league in punts inside the 20, good try though.
3)Anyone could have done what Koch did last year? Then why didn't they? That's like when a kicker nails a clutch game winning kick, you say "anyone can do that". Sure, others have the capability of doing so. But they don't. Koch is consistently great, others aren't.
4)He is redefining the punting position. If you knew anything you would realize Sam Koch is revolutionizing punting, creating new ways to kick.
5)"He aint got any pro bowls?" Are you serious? You've already lost all credibility, but after saying that, its absolutely out the window. Pro Bowls are popularity contests. If Justin Tucker cant even get in, a Punter from Baltimore isn't gonna get in.
Im not saying hes a lock for the HoF or anything, but please don't disrespect the man.

Tru11

Practice Squad
If you do not know what you are talking about, please don't speak on the matter. There are so many things wrong with these two posts.
1) You don't think Punters impact the games? Do you watch football? Field position is one of the biggest factors in a football game and guess who has the biggest impact on that? Yep, punters.
2)Koch led the league in punts inside the 20, good try though.
3)Anyone could have done what Koch did last year? Then why didn't they? That's like when a kicker nails a clutch game winning kick, you say "anyone can do that". Sure, others have the capability of doing so. But they don't. Koch is consistently great, others aren't.
4)He is redefining the punting position. If you knew anything you would realize Sam Koch is revolutionizing punting, creating new ways to kick.
5)"He aint got any pro bowls?" Are you serious? You've already lost all credibility, but after saying that, its absolutely out the window. Pro Bowls are popularity contests. If Justin Tucker cant even get in, a Punter from Baltimore isn't gonna get in.
Im not saying hes a lock for the HoF or anything, but please don't disrespect the man.

1) its not about me.
I am not a voter so it does not matter what i think.
Voters dont value Punters period.

2) i was told that yards only matters.

3) nobody was talking about last year.

4) Again it does not matter what i know.
I dont have a vote.

5) Voters care about pro bowls and such.
What we think does not matter.
We dont have a vote.

When discussing about who can make the HOF or not , you have to look at it from the view of the voters.

When doing so you will realise Koch has not shot whatsoever.

So calm your tits and dont make this shit personal.

Not disrespecting the man.

Just using the voters as the basis of my opinion rather then just going by emotion......

Seriously just look the career of the only P in the HOF.
It should give you a good indication on what it takes for a P to make the HOF eventually.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
1) its not about me.
I am not a voter so it does not matter what i think.
Voters dont value Punters period.

2) i was told that yards only matters.

3) nobody was talking about last year.

4) Again it does not matter what i know.
I dont have a vote.

5) Voters care about pro bowls and such.
What we think does not matter.
We dont have a vote.

When discussing about who can make the HOF or not , you have to look at it from the view of the voters.

When doing so you will realise Koch has not shot whatsoever.

So calm your tits and dont make this shit personal.

Not disrespecting the man.

Just using the voters as the basis of my opinion rather then just going by emotion......

Seriously just look the career of the only P in the HOF.
It should give you a good indication on what it takes for a P to make the HOF eventually.
I agree, he won’t go to the HOF, but he is a great punter and to say he isn’t because he hasn’t made the pro bowl is disrespecting him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Never made an allpro.
Only 3 player of the week in his career..

i did not.

please point out where i did

I consider disrespecting Koch the fact that you compared his greatness to how many pro bowls he’s been to. That is obsurd. If you don’t see that than we will agree to disagree.

Tru11

Practice Squad
I consider disrespecting Koch the fact that you compared his greatness to how many pro bowls he’s been to. That is obsurd. If you don’t see that than we will agree to disagree.

In that quote i said the he should be in the ravens ROH.
That is pretty much highlighting his greatness and my opinion of him.

The pro bowls where a reference to his candidacy for the HOF.
He lack those.
Voters care about them.

I am not a voter.
I also dont decide what they should use to vote someone in.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Voters care about pro bowls whether you like it or not.

Nothing disrespectful about me pointing out that he lacks those.

Its not my fault he aint getting voted into the pro bowl.

Takes nothing away from how i feel about.
In that quoted i even mentioned that he is a candidate for the ravens ROH.
Ofcourse you conviently let that part out....
I didn’t say he was going to the HOF, because I doubt he will and I already said that. That’s not my point. I don’t give two shots about HOF voters. That has noth8mg to do with the thet the player was a great player or not.

Tru11

Practice Squad
I didn’t say he was going to the HOF, because I doubt he will and I already said that. That’s not my point. I don’t give two shots about HOF voters. That has noth8mg to do with the thet the player was a great player or not.

Then why are you in a HOF thread?

The only way a player gets into the HOF is if he gets voted in.

HOF voters use the pro bowl among others things to determine if a player is great enough to enter.

Me bringing up his lack of pro bowls supports my argument that he wont get in.
Nothing disrespectful at all nor am i taking anything away from him.

I even mentioned him being a candidate for the ravens ROH which pretty much states how high i think of him.

You dont have a point.