• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2018 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Had a feeling the Browns and 9ers would go early. Browns were my top choice, niners were 2nd

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
There are some really good pics in the team selection thread. Once you have picked your team you can start working on your google doc and load your spotrac.com numbers.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Nobody posted google doc yet
The link has been in the rules thread. On that note, I will also need every team selecting to send me their email addresses via PM so that I can give you access to your team page after you pick. I already have a few emails.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Texans were one of the teams I was seriously considering
Lots there to work with. Elite WR, promising QB, loaded front seven. The only reason I had them low on my board is because they don't have a 1st rounder and that offensive line may be one of the worst units I've seen on paper in quite some time.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lots there to work with. Elite WR, promising QB, loaded front seven. The only reason I had them low on my board is because they don't have a 1st rounder and that offensive line may be one of the worst units I've seen on paper in quite some time.

Ya but with who they have at QB I'm not sure they need an OLine as much as most teams.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Ya but with who they have at QB I'm not sure they need an OLine as much as most teams.
I'm fairly confident that having a less-than-abysmal offensive line would be of great benefit to a QB coming off of an ACL tear. It also didn't help their running game given that their RBs amassed 3.77 YPC. Few QBs consistently perform better under pressure, and I don't think it can be understated exactly how poor Houston was in pass protection. To put things in perspective, in week 2, Oakland was 1st in the league with 4 allowed disruptions, or pressures, QB hits and sacks. Houston was last with 44. Not to mention that Watson was the most gunned-after QB in the league, being pressured 47.7% of the time. The 2nd? Tom Savage with 46.7%, who was lost for the season following a brutal hit. I would argue that they could use a solid OL as much as any other team.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Yep, that O line made me look elsewhere

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I personally couldn't resist a fun pick. A team with a fun problem and cap space and tons of talent.