• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
We're gonna miss out on Booth. We will get an EDGE tomorrow no doubt. But we are gonna totally miss on a real CB prospect in this draft.
Well, theoretically, you can add a veteran Corner after the draft and potentially pay more for somebody, and backload it more, now that you're basically taking like $13M in cap impact off the books next year by trading Hollywood.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who’s the plug on a uniform edit?
8BADD943-8AC1-4652-9CBD-327734DCD23A.jpeg

It’s glorious.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well, theoretically, you can add a veteran Corner after the draft and potentially pay more for somebody, and backload it more, now that you're basically taking like $13M in cap impact off the books next year by trading Hollywood.
Ahhh hadn't at all thought about the money we just freed up

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thats likely going towards paying Lamar.
Actually a good point. It could be a bit of irony. Not sure the Ravens pay Hollywood market value long term anyway, BUT, the seemingly lack of desire for Lamar to sign an extension, and seems very likely to target a franchise tag next year, may have partially led to us looking to deal him.

Simba

Staff Member
Ok do you think he can do it? I asked a few weeks ago, could Stephens become an AA level CB3 and the board resoundingly said no
I don't think he's that type of CB. I doubt you'll see him on the outside hardly ever, unless it's an emergency situation.