• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Day 1: April 28th - 8pm ET
Day 2: April 29th - 7pm ET
Day 3: May 30th - 12pm ET

Las Vegas

Broadcast on NFL Network, ESPN and ABC

ONLY 2 SLEEPS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

This thread has RULES - please read them... they are important

• There are NO SPOILERS in this thread before the broadcast catches up
  • We realise that insiders sometimes drop the picks before they are shown on the broadcast and request posters to abstain from posting that information in this thread on draft night until after the pick has been broadcast
  • We will operate a 2 strikes and you're out policy during broadcast - an initial verbal warning and deletion of post followed by a suspension for any further spoilers - suspensions could potentially last for the rest of the draft
  • The no spoilers rule applies to days 1 and 2 of the draft - if you are not interested in the broadcast you are free to post spoilers elsewhere in the forum but not on this gameday thread
  • This rule does not apply on day 3 because of how behind the broadcast runs but as always please be considerate of your fellow posters

Hopefully we're all happy come Saturday evening. Either that or hopefully the meltdown that ensues will have been worth it for posterity's sake...

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I'm really bracing for Davis or Penning lol. Would love to see a trade up for a blue-chip guy though

Just to reiterate what you wrote - PLEASE NO SPOILERS!!! I like to join you guys on draft night but hate seeing "ya'll are gonna be pissed!!!" in the comments.........................only to be pissed with who we select

Last edited:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I'm really bracing for Davis or Penning lol. Would love to see a trade up for a blue-chip guy though

Just to reiterate what you wrote - PLEASE NO SPOILERS!!! I like to join you guys on draft night but hate seeing "ya'll are gonna be pissed!!!" in the comments.........................only to be pissed with who we select
I remember that in the past and that's super frustrating.

And also if you're watching a stream, it'll most likely be behind the tv broadcast by a bit, so that's something to consider when refreshing the thread too. I think I usually stop checking the thread once the Ravens are on the clock.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I remember that in the past and that's super frustrating.

And also if you're watching a stream, it'll most likely be behind the tv broadcast by a bit, so that's something to consider when refreshing the thread too. I think I usually stop checking the thread once the Ravens are on the clock.
I'll be watching it live, on cable. Thank goodness lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
How long do you guys think it'll take to get the clock going? 8:30?
I could be wrong but I thought last year the clock started going right at 5/8?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Maybe that was an exaggeration lol, but i think Goodell always does some kind of opening speech before the clock actually starts.
Oh yea I think you're right lol. I just hope the clock starts as soon as 5/8 comes around lol. I can't wait any longer

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I could be wrong but I thought last year the clock started going right at 5/8?

Then with so much uncertainty this year atop the Draft, teams may use up most or all the clock in the first round. So if we trade back from 14, it may be a long night lol.

I'm hoping for a DB or Jordan Davis at 14.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I feel like no one is ever pissed. Even if we hate the guy, once we draft him…… the fandom instantly kicks in and the guy is all of a sudden a stud

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Then with so much uncertainty this year atop the Draft, teams may use up most or all the clock in the first round. So if we trade back from 14, it may be a long night lol.

I'm hoping for a DB or Jordan Davis at 14.
If you're watching a live broadcast, like on ESPN or NFL network, it won't matter how much time they take. Networks are going to bake in the max allotment of time they have for commercials. I think if I recall recently they had like the first 20-30 minutes commercial free or something like that, but then they take a break between almost every pick.

Still going to run 3.5-4 hours to get through the first round, minimum.

Simba

Staff Member
I feel like no one is ever pissed. Even if we hate the guy, once we draft him…… the fandom instantly kicks in and the guy is all of a sudden a stud
Not sure I'd say that. There were some not so happy people with both Elam and Perriman in particular. People may have talked them up in the weeks following the draft but the reaction at the time and the internal feeling was definitely not positive. Even Hurst and Humphrey took some heat at the time they were drafted, although that was a much lesser extent.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Not sure I'd say that. There were some not so happy people with both Elam and Perriman in particular. People may have talked them up in the weeks following the draft but the reaction at the time and the internal feeling was definitely not positive. Even Hurst and Humphrey took some heat at the time they were drafted, although that was a much lesser extent.
I remember perriman but i dnt remember hurst as much.. i just didnt understand the pick at all lol

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member

well im not gonna rubbish the guy we just picked lol - even if i have a lower grade on him im gonna look for reasons to be excited even if i have questions or concerns about the prospect

it's like oweh - i actually didnt have him quite that high where we took him - but all through the process for the weeks before id said that if we took him id be hyped even though i had a slightly lower grade on him vs where we took him

like if we draft penning - im obviously gonna have reservations but im also gonna get excited about a 1st round tackle with guard versatility who's nasty and very athletic who's still got room to develop

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah picks I remember people not liking were Elam, Perriman, and Hurst. I feel like people actually really liked Marlon
I think Marlon was a little (maybe) out of left field. Like he was on our radar but I don't think a lot of people expected to us to take him there.
Hindsight should have seen it from a mile away. He checked all the boxes of what Ravens look for in Corner play.