• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Not sure why the hate on Stout. Punters can influence the defense in a very big way. Don’t underestimate that

Yeah while Koch has still been able to do his thing, we weren't winning many field position battles. With an improved defense, any time Greg Roman does something stupid, at least we'll have a accurate Punter who can pin offenses deep and help us get better field position for our offense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is he better than Araiza outside of the hang time? With Araiza's huge leg that aspect could be developed no?

Stout's a precision heat-seeking missile - who also has a powerful leg

Araiza's got a massive leg but was benefitted massively by college returners getting flummoxed by the lefty-spin on his punts and letting them bounce - don't get me wrong he's got a crazy strong leg but he also won't have as much time to unload it in the NFL

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Araiza had 15 touchbacks this year and Stout had 3 I think. Stout actually had a higher net punt yards

Stout's a precision heat-seeking missile - who also has a powerful leg

Araiza's got a massive leg but was benefitted massively by college returners getting flummoxed by the lefty-spin on his punts and letting them bounce - don't get me wrong he's got a crazy strong leg but he also won't have as much time to unload it in the NFL
Ahhhh thanks for the analysis here! Didn’t know these things. I figured there was a reason. Stout always looked good to me though but all I heard about was Araiza